5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Movie
Unlike some others, I was not disappointed with Love Takes Wing. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don't care that the actress who plays Belinda has blonde hair. She does a wonderful job.

Published on November 12, 2010 by Michael Griffith

3.0 out of 5 stars Belinda character dissappointing
Published on May 17, 2009 by Kay Kay

3.0 out of 5 stars Belinda character dissappointing, May 17, 2009
Kay Kay (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Takes Wing (DVD)
We were so excited to see this next movie in the series. We even watched the previous titles to refresh our memory of all the details. So when we began the 7th movie, we were very disappointed to see that Belinda was so out of character from movie 6. Why didn't Scout play Belinda? Why didn't the director at the very least have her hair color changed to match the former Belinda? And we really missed the feisty demeanor that Belinda displayed in movie 6. It was a good story, but the change in the Belinda character was a distraction.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love takes Wing in the wrong direction, June 5, 2009
This review is from: Love Takes Wing (DVD)
Having watched the previous 6 movies in the Love Comes Softly series, and read the books, Love Takes wing and Love finds a Home, I was very disappointed that Love takes Wing was in no way related to the books by Janette Oke. What a shame to miss a portrayal of Belinda's life and travels with kindly Mrs Stafford- Smyth before her inheritance of the home and estate.
A good movie, but not Janette Oke's Love Takes Wing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Soooo Disappointing, April 30, 2009
This review is from: Love Takes Wing (DVD)
I was so excited to see two more "Love Comes..." movies coming out. What a huge disappointment. They were just so predictable and corny lacking the acting and story lines of the first Love Comes Softly movies.
Here are some of the things I did not like about the Love Takes Wing and Love finds a Home movies. First of all if you're going to change the character actor could they please use someone with the same hair color? Or wig it with the same hair color. And personality is a must also. The Belinda charater in these two movies had blond hair and a soft demeanor not at all like the first grown up red head Belinda. Also back then they did NOT discuss pregnancies or lack of --- people were much more private and not telling each other all their personal problems. Not to tell it all but be forwarned that these two movies lack the acting and plots of the first six. Patty Duke was great! Love her in anything!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Movie, November 12, 2010
This review is from: Love Takes Wing (DVD)

Also, I disagree with those who say that faith takes a backseat in this movie. Faith is very much front and center in the film. I would explain more, but then I'd give away the major part of the plot.

This is an excellent and inspiring movie that the whole family can watch. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love a good Love Story, May 19, 2009
This review is from: Love Takes Wing (DVD)
This is a Halmark, made for TV movie that is 7th in a series. I would recomend the whole series. HOWEVER you do not need knowledge from the previous 6 to understand this movie. It's a lower budget film but great story and uplifting message.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Takes Wing movie, March 29, 2013
This review is from: Love Takes Wing (DVD)
The Love Comes Softly series is wonderful, including Love Takes Wing. You can't go wrong with a family movie that anyone can watch without having to moniter it when kids are watching. The whole series is a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Movie, March 11, 2012
This review is from: Love Takes Wing (DVD)
Saw this on Hallmark Channel, My wife was soo impressed with it Ishe bought the DVD. Loved all the characters. I love Sarah and Jordan together. The whole cast was great. I have watched it several times. Wish they would make a regular TV series out of this and use the same characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Takes Wing, January 29, 2012
This review is from: Love Takes Wing (DVD)
Hallmark knows what they are doing with their movies. This one is no exception. I now have the complete set on the "Love Comes Softly" saga. I will always cherish it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, January 18, 2012
This review is from: Love Takes Wing (DVD)
A+ Received very promtly....highly recommend this seller. The item was as listed and in good condition. Received before Christmas was here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Takes Wing, April 11, 2011
This review is from: Love Takes Wing (DVD)
Whatever shortcomings the production includes, the movie satisfies its place in the Love Comes Softly series, which, as a Christian, I consider to be the best I've ever viewed.

Love Takes Wing
Love Takes Wing by Lou Diamond Phillips (DVD - 2009)
$14.98 $6.15