Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Love in the Time of Foreclosure
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

86%
14%

on October 8, 2011
A personal account of one couple facing forclosure and surviving the bad days and working hard to have some good ones, too, while showing the attitude that can get you through with marriage intact. The author's honesty about the good, the bad and ugly makes it compelling, with hope overcoming despair.
on August 6, 2012
LITTOF is serving a real need and filling a real void:

"The foreclosure stories dominating the media are of the doom and gloom variety and fall extremely short in the inspiration department. There is truly nothing out there. This void is why I begin to blog and why I'm writing this book."

It is a story of connection and vulnerability:

"The more I share the truth about what we are going through, the more other people open up to me about their own hardships. And the more we all learn. Whatever fears I had in putting myself out there are squelched when I discover that my attitude is inspiring others and our vulnerability is actually making a difference."

And THIS I truly love:

"What if the "American Dream" has nothing to do with bricks and mortar, but has everything to do with being a happy, self-expressed, free and responsible member of society? No house required. What if it has to do with reinvention, personal growth, love and adventure?"

YES! What the world needs is more stuff like this. Great read :].
on October 9, 2011
I bought this book and read it in one day. I just couldn't put it down. For anyone who owns property or knows someone who owns property (which of course is everybody), or is looking for a model for handling adversity, this is a must read. Stephanie Alison Walker (the Author) takes you on a journey, with LOVE at the helm, into a candid, heartfelt and inspirational look at the power of the human spirit, when faced with what seems like insurmountable odds.
on November 11, 2013
This book is pretty much a must read for anyone who's ever bought a house or frankly gone through any sort of adversity. It's an emotional roller coaster that never gets preachy or boring. I read the entire thing in two days because it kept sucking me in. Well written, properly paced. It's a fast read with depth, which is hard to pull off. I was very happy with this purchase. Very, very well done.
on November 26, 2011
This book is one of the most incredibly honest personal stories I have ever read. What makes it such a good read is the accessibility of the language... there is an artistic quality to the writing, but the style makes you feel as if you are hearing a story being told by a friend over coffee. The author, and her circumstances, are identifiable, so you feel as if you know them personally when you read this. I felt so connected to the story and was moved many times while reading it. What is most special about this book is the optimism that is strung from beginning to end. For that reason, if you are going through similar circumstances, you must read this book. But even if you are not, I recommend you read it to experience the story that is very much about today in America.
on October 23, 2011
For anyone facing foreclosure, this book is a must read. For anyone wanting to read an uplifting story about a couple that refused to succumb to despair, this is a must read. America's epidemic of foreclosures has been reported in the media, but this book gives depth and insight to the experience of two people in the middle of fighting for their financial as well as their marital lives. Stephanie shares the experience with some of the most poignant writing I've ever read. She puts you, the reader, in the middle of their emotional roller-coaster. I finished the book with tremendous admiration for Stephanie and Bob and their fortitude and courage. What I found inspiring was that they were able to redefine their American Dream and that did not include how much they could accumulate. Their story should be a lesson for us all.
on October 24, 2011
Love in the Time of Foreclosure is not just for those facing foreclosure. Stephanie Allison Walker talks so much about love and keeping your relationship strong through adversity that the book really should be read by anyone and everyone who is in a relationship or intends to be in a relationship they want to last through it all. Stephanie and her husbands love is such an inspiration and she does a really great job of being open and honest with her readers about how challenging it can be to keep it all together when the world around you is coming apart. And, who can't relate to that on some level? It's a great read and I highly recommend it.
on November 1, 2011
I really loved Love In The Time Of Foreclosure. I could not put it down and read it all in 2 days. What a beautiful, inspiring and GENEROUS story. The pages are full of the personal details of the lives of this couple who were faced with an extremely stressful situation and found the most amazing ways to cope and overcome obstacles and become truly victorious. It is so inspiring and beautiful that I found myself close to tears much of the time, but they weren't tears of sadness. I was just so touched at the closeness the couple shared and the strength and creativity that they found in themselves. It's a true LOVE STORY. I highly recommend it for anyone who appreciates love stories and stories of inspiration, anyone who wants advice for how to deal with stress in life, and anyone who is going through foreclosure, financial hardships, or relationship issues. I look forward to reading more by this author.
on January 8, 2012
This book was a personal account of a couples sudden encounter with the extended and frustrating loss of their home. The style that the author used to describe the events was so moving, clearly expressing her deepest and most troubling moments, yet hilarious at times. I quickly related to Stephanie Walker, through her great use of expression, and was able to understand how our lives could easily change in a matter of moments, or in this case, through a termination notice. Although I have not experienced foreclosure, this book is a good lesson in how in a time of seemingly profound loss, we can gather strength through individual, community, and family support to get through and overcome such difficult obstacles. The best part of the book was the overall humbleness that the author expressed in sharing such personal and often embarrassing moments. So well written and a pleasure to read.
on January 28, 2012
Although this book was written by the daugther of one of my friends and fellow book club members, that did not influence my opinion of her book. It was icing on the cake, so to speak. This honest and brave accounting of what one could experience in a situation like this is amazing. He humor was fabulous. Her passion about their situation was amazing. The information in the book applies to so many life experiences whether facing what they faced or whether facing life's challenges period! I purchased it for my adult children as well. I highly recommend this book!