Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > PlayStation Vita - Wifi forum

Love the VITA, not so much the prices of games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2012 10:58:07 AM PDT
I went on and got a WIFI VITA , and i really like it a lot, more than PSP GO which i really like too, (i have a IPOD TOUCH, but i really prefer buttons for good games, IOS is good for match 3 games), well what i not liking too much is the prices of games, i mean 39.99 for most games? 29.99 is not bad, so i am playing the cheap ones , which are very good by the way; Super Stardust, MT RC (Free), demos and tranfering my psp games ( Even Valkirya 2), so i will wait for Disgaea 3 and Resistanse are the only ones i will get at day 1, i am not hating i love the system just cant wait for games to be a little cheaper, i mean i spent 300 in system and 8gb memory card , ahhh i i would love a Monster Hunter game for VITA

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 1:10:41 PM PDT
Superchiller says:
Keep your eye out for Buy One / Get one 50% off sales on Vita games (or buy 2 / get 1 free); that brings all the $40 titles down to $30 or less, which I agree is more reasonable. Toys R Us just had a sale with BOGO 50%, but I think it ended yesterday. But other retailers will be offering it as well in the future, just keep looking and you'll find the sales.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 3:31:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2012 3:34:04 PM PDT
Ivan says:
DO NOT BUY ANY VITA GAME FOR 39 or 49 dollars.
The problem is if people keep buying these overpriced games that companies will continue to release them for that price.

But as in all video games (overpriced media) they will soon drop in price to 19-29 which is more of a price I would pay for games in this day n age.

The buy 2 get 1 free vita deal was ok. Beause it lowered the price overall for 3 games.
But never pay for 1 single vita game that is listed for 39 or 49 dollars and the prices will fall.

Also buy physical games over digital. You can trade in or sell it or let your friend borrow your physical games.
Where as digital.. Your screwed from the price of the game, from the ownership and control of it, and from the ZERO trade in/sell back value of the game.
OH and don't forget the size that the gametakes up on your overpriced memory card as well.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 4:41:37 PM PDT
Vikki P. says:
Ivan, that's not true. The higher priced Vita games have higher production values. They'll release them at higher prices regardless of whether or not people will buy them. And there will always be those who buy them day-one anyway.

And why is $40 too much for a video game anyway? PSP games would launch at $40. So if anything, Vita games are actually cheaper in comparison. Higher quality, more storage(2-3GB vs 800MB-1.2GB) for the same price, unlike consoles that have higher quality, more storage, and still more expensive with each passing generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2012 4:58:26 PM PDT
ice grizzly says:
It is like comparing McDonalds with Steak House food. I would rather buy $40 games, so that game companies publish quality games.

Madden, FIFA all sell for $5-$10 for iOS. I just can't play it for more than 5 min... the PSP and 3DS sports games are more precise and have longevity. Especially for long plane trips... iOS games are horrible.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 5:14:44 PM PDT
Mike says:
PS3 games start at $59.99.. The PSV is a handheld PS3. It's not like playing your 99 cent Angry Birds game on an iPod or phone.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 9:16:30 PM PDT
Sal Paradise says:
While $50 might be a bit much for some, I think $40 is a fair price point for AAA games and $30 for middle tier. Honestly if Nintendo is charging $35 or more for games, then I don't think Sony is going to charge less.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 10:17:25 AM PDT
Alpha Papa says:
Hey Ivan, there's no need to devalue a lot of other people's hard work. Just ask your mom to raise your allowance.

Sorry but I'll be a full-price payin', day one buyin' gamer as long as they are making good quality games that I want to play. I support my hobby/addiction and I want to keep playing quality games. If developers and publishers find that making AAA games, or Vita games in general, is not profitable they won't make them at all.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 12:39:54 PM PDT
Sal Paradise says:
Yup, only buy games for $20 and expect a whole lot of crap games from game companies because you are telling them that you prefer a lower cost over a quality game. That's why so much shovel ware gets made. But go ahead Ivan, u can keep refusing to pay money for a high production game, because obviously you know how much it costs to make such a game and can safely say the companies should only be charging $20 for it.
Once again, another gamer with a sense of entitlement. Way to go.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 11, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation Vita - Wifi
PlayStation Vita - Wifi by Sony (PlayStation Vita)
4.4 out of 5 stars (811)