5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully decadent Glam rock!!!, October 2, 2008
This review is from: We Love You (Audio CD)
Wow! I haven't had that much fun listening to a new band in a quite a while. Imagine if you will an highway crash involving AC/DC's tour van and the New-York Dolls'(circa 1974)! SPW IS the love-child of such a frightful incident. BTW, Justin Tranter looks just like a 21st century Michael Monroe (Hanoi Rocks' frontman), doesn't he? Man, I'd love to hear SPW's take on such classics as Hanoi Rocks' Tragedy and T-Rex's 20th Century Boy, those songs seem so tailor-fitted to them. Anyways, Buy the Album... NOW! You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars True to Form, September 30, 2008
This review is from: We Love You (Audio CD)
This debut album by Brooklyn's Semi Precious Weapons is nothing short of brilliant. Their cocky yet sensitive frontman Justin Tranter delivers perfect vocals backed by some serious rock and roll that reminds me of a mix between AC/DC and Aerosmith. They use some computer generated sounds as well that adds an element to their persona. I've seen these guys in concert and they go all out. But even when you can't see their singer strutting in girl's clothes and their band rocking completely out, it doesn't take away from just blaring this CD from your car stereo. Their guitarist is talented beyond belief as well as the rest of the band. Everything is on point. And to the point. It's so, well...garage glam meets David Bowie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing CD, Absolutely A Must Have!, October 5, 2013
This review is from: We Love You (Audio CD)
Love this band, has a perfect raw music feel to it, great lyrics. I will be listening to it all the time!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard Rock Brawls with Glam, March 17, 2009
This review is from: We Love You (Audio CD)
"We Love You" is a glorious racket that sounds like David Bowie conjured up a New York Dolls glam bomb and dropped it on AC/DC's Highway to Hell and hauled in producer Tony Visconti to clean up the mess. As far as I'm concerned, that's a recommendation. Really.

If Time Square had not been Disney-fied and 42'nd street still existed, SMW front-man Justin Tranter might have erupted from that very location. "We Love You" is sexy, sleazy and a great big dose of "we don't give a f***" rock and roll that could only come from the city that gave us The Ramones and The Plasmatics, and manage to rip of Parliament/Funkadelic ("Her Hair is On Fire") while still making you think they could be the future of Rock. There isn't single song here that could get played on FCC paranoid radio stations, down to titling a song "That's K^n#."

"We Love You" is the kind of record that scares Church Ladies. So they do a song about the girl that won't go out with Justin because she wants to (bleep) "Jesus." Semi Precious Weapons know that rock and roll used to be a euphemism for sex, so the album leads off with an oral sex anthem, "Taste." And they know for darn sure that, for many guitar wielding misfits, being a big star might be the only way out ("Rock and Roll Never Looked So Beautiful"). That's why "We Love You" could be the most important CD you listen to this year. Tired of conformist pap and posing hipsters passing themselves off as dangerous? Then bring on Semi-Precious Weapons.

5.0 out of 5 stars glam-tastic!!!!, March 29, 2009
This review is from: We Love You (Audio CD)
Love SPW!!!!!!!!!!! I can't say this enough. they are trashy, glam and fantastic. Buy this CD and see them live any chance you get - you wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock & Roll Never Looked So Beautiful!, November 2, 2008
Top rate sleeezy glam rock from the depths of the Ziggy Stardust's makeup drawer. It's a trashy, sexy, dirty, flamboyant, scary, gender-bending ride. It's a tad short at 10 songs and leaves you wanting for more, but so are many of my favorite classic albums. I give this one 5 stars because it dares to exist. Getting the bonus USB with the videos was great too as "her Hair Is On Fire" grabbed me out of my seat the first time I saw it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational band, April 5, 2010
Sensational band, they bring back the real meaning of rock & roll.

Brilliant album, which I'm still listening to over and over again. If you get the chance, go and see them perform live. They will knock your socks off. Man, what a band.

We Love You
We Love You by Semi Precious Weapons (Audio CD - 2008)
Rate and Discover Movies