Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Format: Board book|Change

Not sure why [...] has this one listed in the 4 - 8 years old category as this one is clearly aimed at pre-schoolers and toddlers. It's just a beautifully written and illustrated book. A toddlers love from head to toe, teddy bear in hand. The illustrations magically capture the expression of this little boy. A loving book! And a great gift idea for kids or grandparents with Valentine's Day right around the corner. A sure to be classic!
on March 16, 2012
We absolutely love this book.

It's been our son's favorite since he was about 9 months old. The pictures are beautiful, colorful, and simple. Not boring, not crowded, just what it should be. The text is sweet and simple, the rhymes are thoughtful and not dumb (you know those books!), and the sentences are short enough to hold a baby's attention so we have time to get all the words out before he turns the page.

The one downside is that this book is really cheaply made. The cover is nice and padded, but the pages are cheap. The pages are thinner than other board book pages, but the bigger problem is the actual surface of the pages. Our son - an impressive drooler and finger-sucker - loves to turn the pages himself with his drool-y fingers and sometimes kiss the pages too. What I didn't learn until too late is that you can't do that with this book. For our other board books, you can get some drool on them and it just makes the pages stick together a little bit but that's it. For this book, drool made the pages stick together so much that when you separated them later, the paper tore. (See my pics in the photo gallery for examples) I'm thinking that we can't be the only parents with a drooly baby, right??

Quality notwithstanding, this is as quality a baby's book as they come. I love this book through and through.
review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon June 23, 2005
With short and simple text to go with very cute illustrations of a child, this is an excellent book to read to your young child.

We have an 11-month old, and we've had this book for about 3 months. What makes it so much fun is that the book can be used not only as a reading tool, but the words allow you to physically interact with your child. When I talk about her "top side," she'll give me her head to rub, and laugh when I do so. Same with her bottom side - and with the "inside," she'll even open her mouth so I can stick my finger inside.

I find that great books for really young children are difficult to find, so this has been a real treat. I'd recommend it highly.
on December 29, 2004
This is a beautifully written, beautifully bound book that will touch the hearts of children of every age. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves.
on January 7, 2005
Adorable

This book is absolutely adorable for toddlers and preschoolers, though my seven year old came across it on my desk and thoroughly enjoyed reading it too! It is straight forward and a great feel good book, reinforcing to kids that their parents love all of them, no matter what!
VINE VOICEon April 16, 2012
I love the simple rhymes and the adorable illustrations in this book. My 17 month old son loves looking at the pictures (there is one with a huge face on it that he loves to kiss). The story is just the right length for toddlers--I have just enough time to finish the text on each page before he wants to move on.

The only complaints I have with this book are in its construction. The cover is not the thick cardboard that I'm used to with standard board books. Instead, it is a padded polyurethane material. It's definitely thick and it has a glossy surface that might withstand teething better than a traditional "board" book, but I'm not a big fan of it. Also, the pages aren't cardboard either. They are definitely thicker than standard pages, but they are much thinner than what I expected (more comparable to the thickness/density of the covers of early reader books). The book is also larger than most of the board books I'm used to, and that size makes it a little harder for my little guy to turn the pages easily.

All said, though, I would purchase this again because the story and illustrations are cute and fun and my little boy loves them!
on October 21, 2005
This is a great book ... wonderful message, cute pictures and not a lot of writing per page so it's perfect for my one-year old. My two year old also likes it, mainly b/c of the great pictures and the fact that the little boy has a bear in every picture. You can't go wrong with this book!
on March 23, 2005
I bought this book for my 2 years old daughter. Whenever I read this book to her, she will follow what the child does in the book. When I read 'I love your topside', she shows me her topside, 'I love your bottomside', she shows me her bottomside, and we have good laugh together until I finish the whole book. The illustrations are so cute that even I enjoy reading it. Simply wonderful book! Highly recommended.
on January 23, 2013
This is such a wonderful book!

I love it.

My daughter is 7 months old now and she loves it too. She tries to pick the little boy off of the pages, and she loves a shirt that the boy is wearing in one of the pages.

Anyhow, the illustrations are very sweet. It's kind of cute to see what the teddy bear is doing in each of the pictures; sometimes he is doing what the boy is doing, and other times he is reacting to what the boy is doing.

I want to explain how I feel about this book, but I don't really know quite how to say it...before our daughter was born, I thought crying babies were obnoxious. Now, when my daughter cries, I feel sorry that she is sad, and I want to help her feel better. Even though my daughter is a baby with very strong emotions, I seldom lose my patience with her, because I'm just crazy about her. I feel like she is the best baby in the world. This book, to me, puts that feeling into words--as I read the book I'm expressing to my daughter that I just love everything about her, because she's a great little person. I doubt that my daughter understands much of it now, but I plan to keep it in our book rotation for a very long time. I think it would be great to hear this kind of book as a little kid! So reassuring and comforting.

Something else that is really nice about this book is that it is a little poetic. It rhymes, but not awkwardly...it's just right. As I read it aloud, this book has a beautiful cadence.

The only thing I would change about this book is that the pages are kind of thin for a board book. Usually board books have thick cardboard for the cover and each of the pages. This book has a slightly puffy cover and pages that are more like a thicker cardstock. I would have preferred all thick pages.

This is definitely, definitely worth buying! I'm so glad we got it now. Every little kid should have this book (and someone to read it to them)!
on April 7, 2006
I was taken in by the book's beautifully illustrated cover, & bought it at my local book-store without having the chance to flip through the inside (it was wrapped up!)... & it sure did not disappoint me! Reading this book together with my 35mth toddler is such an enjoyable activity! It re-enforces the fact that we love her un-conditionally, no matter whether she is angry, sad, silly! It's a great book for teaching kids about LOVE!