Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on October 13, 1999
I'm writing this as I finish the last bit of this mind-changing, attitude-adjusting book. Victoria Moran is a master when it comes to speaking from her heart. This book has absolutely changed the way I view eating and food. Her approach to self-love and physical and mental well-being is practical, applicable, and important for anyone wanting to enjoy a positive self-image. Whether you're trying to maximize what you've already achieved or would like to simply lose those extra pounds, Love Yourself Thin is the steady support you'll need as you navigate this difficult, though ultimately fulfilling, journey.
0Comment34 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 1998
This book has changed my life! I have tried many diets, programs, drugs, spas, etc., but never one that really got to the root of my eating problems and never one that showed me so clearly why I want to eat good foods, not destructive foods. I read the first page and cried. It's as if the au!thor was talking directly to me, and I said, finally, someone understands. I lost 50 pounds, and still read the book weekly for inspiration. Beautifully written. If you've tried diets and failed, and feel that your eating is more about emotions and feelings than about hunger -- this is the book for you!
0Comment28 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 1999
Finally I have found a book that has made me realize that my eating disorders are not about lack of will power. Rather, my problems with food stem from inner struggles to accept myself as a worthwhile human being. Anyone who wants to lose weight for the last time and for the right reasons needs to read this book and reread and reread it!
0Comment27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2002
I am taking the time to write this review becuase I have been moved by the simple yet profound enlightening words Victoria Moran has written. This book taps into your inner core and assists you in the most important motivation- internal love. If you have even a question, do yourself a favor and purchase this book.
on May 26, 2004
I have tried everything to lose weight and ended up doing it on my own in the end. It's too bad I read this book AFTER I did! I have been recommending it to everyone I know. I really think that the key to losing weight and gaining more control in your life and eating patterns is through finding your state of peace and balance. Moran does a terrific job of guiding the reader to a place where food is just...food. It's there to nourish our bodies, but not our souls. The one thing about this book that I can't completely agree with is that she is gung-ho about being a vegan. I rarely eat meat, but I don't think I could go vegan all the way. Regardless, the book is amazing and you should read it!
on June 26, 2000
About two years ago I was severly depressed and suicidal. I read this book a year and a half ago and it changed my life. My spiritual emotional and physical lifes are much healthier. This is a book that anyone with long time weight and depression problems should read.
0Comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2002
This powerful, spiritually oriented approach to compulsive overeating was just the book I needed now: 12 Step friendly, incredibly insightful and practical. Unfortunately, its title doesn't do it justice, and makes it sound like just another silly diet book; it's not! For anyone struggling with compulsive overeating and searching a spiritual path for the answers, this book should be part of your journey.
on March 5, 2007
I appreciated many of the concepts presented in the beginning of the book, mostly about how the relationship with food is a reflection of the love you have for yourself. But it gets off track at the end and I resent being told that a vegan diet is the only "loving" one. I won't be passing the book on to any friends or picking it up again myself.
VINE VOICEon July 26, 2010
An OK book that offers encouragement, but not very practical in application unless you are
willing to become a vegetarian. I believe that the author means well and is very sincere, so
for that I give her 3 stars.
on January 30, 2013
This is a great book and it was a great addition to OA meetings that I attended. It puts the emphasis where it belongs and helps one heal the broken parts that can't be fixed by piling on more food. I'm so grateful that I found this book and I recommend it to other women who are dealing with the weight issue. OA is another great source for coming to grips with eating disorders and the support of other members will help immensely. I hope that you love yourself enough to buy and read this book.