5.0 out of 5 stars Once again, V. Moran spoke to the part of me ready to listen
Published on October 13, 1999 by lglcom

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Start; Gets Off Track
I appreciated many of the concepts presented in the beginning of the book, mostly about how the relationship with food is a reflection of the love you have for yourself. But it gets off track at the end and I resent being told that a vegan diet is the only "loving" one. I won't be passing the book on to any friends or picking it up again myself.
Published on March 5, 2007 by B. Hess

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again, V. Moran spoke to the part of me ready to listen, October 13, 1999
I'm writing this as I finish the last bit of this mind-changing, attitude-adjusting book. Victoria Moran is a master when it comes to speaking from her heart. This book has absolutely changed the way I view eating and food. Her approach to self-love and physical and mental well-being is practical, applicable, and important for anyone wanting to enjoy a positive self-image. Whether you're trying to maximize what you've already achieved or would like to simply lose those extra pounds, Love Yourself Thin is the steady support you'll need as you navigate this difficult, though ultimately fulfilling, journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars I lost 50 pounds and found my spiritual center!, July 14, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Love Yourself Thin: The Revolutionary Spiritual Approach to Weight Loss (Hardcover)
This book has changed my life! I have tried many diets, programs, drugs, spas, etc., but never one that really got to the root of my eating problems and never one that showed me so clearly why I want to eat good foods, not destructive foods. I read the first page and cried. It's as if the au!thor was talking directly to me, and I said, finally, someone understands. I lost 50 pounds, and still read the book weekly for inspiration. Beautifully written. If you've tried diets and failed, and feel that your eating is more about emotions and feelings than about hunger -- this is the book for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lifesaver, August 13, 1999
By A Customer
Finally I have found a book that has made me realize that my eating disorders are not about lack of will power. Rather, my problems with food stem from inner struggles to accept myself as a worthwhile human being. Anyone who wants to lose weight for the last time and for the right reasons needs to read this book and reread and reread it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This May Be The Book You're Looking For, December 7, 2002
By A Customer
This powerful, spiritually oriented approach to compulsive overeating was just the book I needed now: 12 Step friendly, incredibly insightful and practical. Unfortunately, its title doesn't do it justice, and makes it sound like just another silly diet book; it's not! For anyone struggling with compulsive overeating and searching a spiritual path for the answers, this book should be part of your journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very special in depth different kind of book, September 4, 2002
I am taking the time to write this review becuase I have been moved by the simple yet profound enlightening words Victoria Moran has written. This book taps into your inner core and assists you in the most important motivation- internal love. If you have even a question, do yourself a favor and purchase this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, June 26, 2000
By A Customer
About two years ago I was severly depressed and suicidal. I read this book a year and a half ago and it changed my life. My spiritual emotional and physical lifes are much healthier. This is a book that anyone with long time weight and depression problems should read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best approach to weight loss I've come across yet!, May 26, 2004
I have tried everything to lose weight and ended up doing it on my own in the end. It's too bad I read this book AFTER I did! I have been recommending it to everyone I know. I really think that the key to losing weight and gaining more control in your life and eating patterns is through finding your state of peace and balance. Moran does a terrific job of guiding the reader to a place where food is just...food. It's there to nourish our bodies, but not our souls. The one thing about this book that I can't completely agree with is that she is gung-ho about being a vegan. I rarely eat meat, but I don't think I could go vegan all the way. Regardless, the book is amazing and you should read it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Start; Gets Off Track, March 5, 2007
B. Hess (North Carolina) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing New Here, July 26, 2010
An OK book that offers encouragement, but not very practical in application unless you are
willing to become a vegetarian. I believe that the author means well and is very sincere, so
for that I give her 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, January 30, 2013
This is a great book and it was a great addition to OA meetings that I attended. It puts the emphasis where it belongs and helps one heal the broken parts that can't be fixed by piling on more food. I'm so grateful that I found this book and I recommend it to other women who are dealing with the weight issue. OA is another great source for coming to grips with eating disorders and the support of other members will help immensely. I hope that you love yourself enough to buy and read this book.

Love Yourself Thin: The Revolutionary Spiritual Approach to Weight Loss