Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Loved: Stories of Forgiveness
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 4, 2009
Something is comforting about books, and especially when I find a book that encourages me and reminds of an important truth I tend to forget. Loved: Stories of Forgiveness by Rebecca St. James is one of those books. A book that reminds me what it means to be forgiven, and shows me again what the mercy and grace of God can truly do in your life if you let it.

Loved is a compilation of short stories meant to be read daily over six weeks. The book is divided into six sections, each based on a different woman in the Bible, Rahab, Gomer (my favorite Bible story), Leah, Hagar, The Sinful Woman, and Eve. Then each section is divided into seven different chapters that follow the story of a modern day woman that is dealing with or has dealt with the same problems and temptations. These modern-day prodigals are an inspiration to women everywhere. While reading these stories is a bit sad, they always end with a reminder of the love and forgiveness that comes with a relationship with Christ!

I was inspired and encouraged by Loved! We've all made mistakes in our past that continue to haunt us today. I've made some doosies! But it's comforting to be reminded that God forgives and forgets and can still use those of us who are scarred. The way the book is divided into sections and chapters makes for a quick easy read and a flexibility that I appreciate. Even if I forgot for a day or two, it was easy to pick right back up where I started.
I really like this book. We ALL need to hear more stories of forgiveness. Loved has stories that I am certain would speak to any woman's heart. Each chapter is short and easy to read and would be easy to fit into a busy day. There is a lot of biblical truth in Loved. This book would also make a lovely gift.
on June 5, 2010
Bad choices. We all make them.

LOVED is a collection of true stories of modern-day prodigals (names have been changed) who have fallen away from God, but then rediscovered the power of His love and forgiveness.

Each section begins with a story about a Biblical woman who was a prodigal, told in the Biblical way, with some embellishments to make it more interesting. Then following that are stories of women who had similar experiences.

In the beginning, Ms. St. James shares how her life coach taught her about receiving God's love. He poured water over her hands and told her to try to catch it. She ended up with only wet hands. But then he had her cup her hands and soon they were filled to overflowing with water. Ms. St. James shares that's how it is with God's love. We just have to stand there, palms open, and receive His love.

No matter what your situation, whether you had a slow steady spiral away from God, whether you never knew Him and are reaching out, or whether you've been the Christian good girl who can't forgive herself for a mistake, then LOVED is a book for you to consider. Each story reveals God's amazing love and the miracle of a life saved by Jesus Christ.
on October 28, 2009
I'm in a Bible study right now using Liz Curtis Higgs' Bad Girls of the Bible and What We Can Learn from Them book. Loved: Stories of Forgiveness is such a perfect companion to that study. It is so encouraging to read about women who have walked away from God for a period of time and who have later experienced His grace and forgiveness...and love. Whether or not you consider yourself a prodigal, these stories are very faith-affirming because they emphasize the love and grace that each of us experience at the foot of the Cross.
on October 28, 2009
The compilation of testimonies by RSJ is inspiring and encouraging. If you have felt like giving up and walking away because you have fallen and can't seem to go forward; have faith in God he is faithful and hasn't given up. Don't let satan deceive you, look up to Jesus and believe him!Loved: Stories of Forgiveness
on October 13, 2009
I started reading "Loved" yesterday and I can hardly put it down. I have been so inspired by what others have gone through and that God is always there no matter our circumstances/situations. Thank You Rebecca St. James!! If you think you are unloved, read "Loved" and you will find out that He loves you no matter.
on April 22, 2014
Good book offering hope for those who have struggled however, I don't actually know how much Rebecca had to do with this book aside from lending her name to it.