5.0 out of 5 stars Missie accompanies Willie to his "Hanging W" in the West
Published on July 20, 2003 by Bonnie McKinzie

3.0 out of 5 stars Doormat heroine... So so
Missie looooooooves Willie and will do anything for him including giving up her family, traveling in a covered wagon, and going west to live and work on a Ranch, something she has no interest in at all. Willie looooves Missie and subjects her to a harrowing dream west, the pitfalls of traveling in a covered wagon, isolation, and living in a sodhouse for two years while he...
Published on December 29, 2005 by Serene Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Missie accompanies Willie to his "Hanging W" in the West, July 20, 2003
Bonnie McKinzie (Garden Grove, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Married and willing to follow her husband's dream, Missie says goodbye to her beloved family and home and sets out on the long journey West. There is no definite geographic setting named in the series, but they come on a "Big River" which seems to be the point of no return. Hardships, friendships, birth and death are a part of the wagon train trip. Expecting a baby, Missie learns she will be left at a town, alone, while Willie goes on to his beloved land. She thinks she cannot bear it. What awaits her is even more shocking. Her home? Surely this is not the beloved dream? Missie learns what real loneliness and isolation can feel like. However, she slowly realizes she has grown to love their mountains and cattle land, and that real love survives, friends and new family is gained and "home" can be found wherever there are people who depend on their faith, each other and their God. Ma and Pa have given the newlywed travelers some special verses in Isaiah, and this plays a big part in this third book of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oke did it again., October 23, 2005
This review is from: Love's Long Journey (Love Comes Softly Series #3) (Paperback)
This is one of my favorite books out of the series. I love the adventure and romance that this book brings with it. I laughed and I cried but mostly I cried. I love this story and think that everyone should read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series For All Ages, July 13, 2005
Jen (Omaha Ne USA) - See all my reviews
I received book 1 and 2 (Love Comes Softly and Love's Enduring Promise) as a Christmas gift from my good friend. After reading them back to back, I decided to wait a few months before picking up the next book, Love's Long Journey. I was not dissapointed. I love Janette Oke's style of writing. It's simple, yet it draws you in to the story, making you feel like you are right there with the characters. I laugh out loud and I shed a few tears.

With Love's Long Journey, we find Missy and Willie heading west to start a new life. With faith, love and endurance, they make a new home for themselves. We hardly hear from Missy's parents, who are the main characters in books 1 and 2, but I didn't mind that at all because this story was not about them.

I believe this series is good for all ages: it's easy to read, clean, adventurous, happy, sad, and everything in between. I'm impatiently waiting for the next book, Love's Abiding Joy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Movie confused me..........still liked it, March 25, 2006
Cyndi Stahl (Montclair, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
I started reading the books after i watched all 3 movies. The book was very different then the book. I cant say i was disappointed. I enjoyed reading this version. This book was about Missie's journey to the west, and what she went through to get there. How hard it must of been. I still recomend this book. Just dont go into it thinking it is like the movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Adult Little House Moves, January 24, 2008
Heidi (New Mexico) - See all my reviews
I read 3 books by Janette Oke over the last 2 weeks. They are really easy, escape literature. If you liked Little House On the Prairie when you were growing up these are the adult versions. I discovered them via the movies. I really like to read the book before I see the movie and when I saw an advertisement about these movies I felt I should read the books. I have enjoyed them quite a bit. The chapters are short so I can get one in on breaks between my work around the house.

Love's Long Journey has Missie going west with her husband to the untamed prairie. Will she ever get over her homesickness? Will they make it on the wagon train? Will the ranch prosper? This one is every bit as exciting as the 1st one.

These are Christian Literature. One of the things I enjoyed the most about them is that they really seem to reflect how hard life was then. The work was endless and the tools were hard to come by. These people really did have to do for themselves and make do the best they could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, heartfelt Story!, September 24, 2010
After many, many years, I'm currently reading these books for a second time. I missed Marty and Clark so much in this book, and that only added to the drama. REading the first two books, I fell in love with Missy's Mama and Pa and felt I was growing with their marriage. So as Missy traveled West further and further away from her parents, I ached with her. And when Willie announced she would be staying in town until the baby was born, I cried with her. I ached along with her as she awaited her baby. Then when the time came for her to see her arm, I ached again at what she had seen. Jeanette writes with such expression and such feeling...I can feel what the characters are feeling. I'm now into the fourth book and am now excitedly awaiting the reunion between mother and daughter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love's Long Journey, April 11, 2007
Another winner for Janette oke. This is the third instalment in the "Love Comes Softly" series. Once again you are drawn into the story and have a hard time putting it down. I plan on reading this series again and again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great story in the series, April 17, 2010
I enjoyed this book a lot. I read this book as an audio book, so my experience may be different than others'.

This is the story of Missie, her marriage to Willie LeHaye, and their adventures together creating their life out west.

The first third of the book or so are their adventures on the wagon train going west. It takes them months to reach their destination and many things, from birth to death and everything in between, happen throughout their journey. Once they finally reach the town where their wagon train ends, Missie and Willie's new land is still a week or more wagon ride away. Missie being pregnant, of course, is forced to stay in town until the baby is born since there is a doctor in town. When the baby is finally born and Willie comes back to town to retrieve Missie and baby, Missie is finally able to see the land that her husband has talked about for so long. At first, she is disappointed, but could never let him know. However, as time goes on, Missie learns to love the new land and homestead she and Willie have set up.

A beautiful story of new adventures in the west. The author doesn't go into too much detail about any one thing, but instead keeps the story moving along to tell of the new family's adventures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Janette Oke Spans Generation Gap!, October 26, 2008
Janette Oke has a way of reaching through scripture from one generation to the next without being preachy. As I read this book, I found encouragement in my own problems through scripture and example.

What a way she has of connecting the reader to the people in her stories. "Love's Long Journey" is easy to read and yet not juvenile. Moral issues and love shine through every page. The decision making process includes the results of that decision according to promises of the Word! A great book to escape to and come out better able to face life!

This book was a little peculiar to me in the location. She seemed to put the Canadian climate into the Texas prairie. It would have been super, super, super, had she learned more about Texas climate!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful prarie romance which I've read again & again!, July 21, 1999
By A Customer
This book is just as good as any other Janette Oke book I've read. You get so involved in the novel that you will think about characters all throughout the day. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I will continue to read all in the series. I recomend all of Oke's books to any reader looking for a good romance.

Love's Long Journey (Love Comes Softly Series #3)
Love's Long Journey (Love Comes Softly Series #3) by Janette Oke (Paperback - November 1, 2003)
$13.99 $11.24