Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on April 26, 2012
This book actually follows Miach ("Lemongrass" to those of you following the series) and his mate, Nick, a wolf shifter. Miach has been in previous books on the side of the scientists--muscle mostly. This book lets you in on how Miach came to be there and how he thought he was on the right side. He was told that shape-shifters were a threat to humanity (I won't spoil how!).
Overall, a nice solid addition to the series and I enjoyed keeping up with the previous characters. The relationship didn't seem to be forced and, even though they were mates, it didn't automatically make everything okay for them without any problems. My only thing--she should have just named him Micah--because that is what he kept being in my mind!
on August 28, 2012
I was really looking forward to this book because I had a feeling that the super-human agent the shifters called Lemongrass would prove interesting when he was captured. And low and behold he does, he is the steadfast wolf shifter, Nick's mate.

Poor Nick has had a bad day! His alpha, Declan, ordered him to infiltrate the intimate circle of a set of wolf shifters who were bullying non-wolves in their territory and questioned the Alpha's decision to allow them to live there. Nick allows an attack on a polar bear and his mate before rescuing them to prove the truth, then he sits through the fallout meeting and now he must explain to his alpha that he thinks their prisoner is his mate.

Nick is surprised when Declan encourages him to pursue things with his mate, but happily chooses not to question it. Nick is Miach's guard and he's the only guard that doesn't get a hard time from the prisoner. Nick sets out to woo his mate and it achieves good results. Miach is equally taken with him allowing Nick to explain about shifters and contradict much of what Miach has been taught. The two men share about their pasts and really connect. But all this is interrupted by an angry, vengeful wolf and Miach's connections to the human scientists. Miach accepts that he's Nick's mate, but now he has the job of proving himself contrite for his past actions and trustworthy to Nick's pack.

As I said in a review for a previous book in the series, the stories just seem to be getting better as I go.
Nice read!
on June 29, 2012
I read this story first because Micah really intrigued me - I adore his shyness amongst other things,I really want to know more about him,I guess I will now be reading the rest of the books as the previous reviewer suggested.All in all I enjoyed reading this story.
on March 31, 2013
I was wondering if we'd see Miach again.... Thought he was a bad guy but not so much! I liked Nick, and his wooing of Miach wih good barbequed ribs! Good story, good sex, works for me!
on September 4, 2012
i loved this book. loved also how it was put together. it isn't easy to create a charictor that is strong yet changes sides.
on August 7, 2014
I love to read saga's! Couldn't put it down! Waiting for more from this author!!!!!!