Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 22, 2012
I did hours of research before deciding to purchase this sunscreen. I was to set sail on a vacation with my very fair-skinned boyfriend, who'd gotten severely sunburned last time we went to the beach. I was determined not to let that happen again.

I chose this sunscreen for the following reasons:

1. protects against both UVA and UVB rays, something the vast majority of sunscreens do not.
2. all natural and mineral based. Yes, lots of things claim to be all natural these days, but this sunscreen lacks the HARMFUL CHEMICALS found in most other sunscreens(i.e. oxybenzone, vitamin A.,) which disturb hormone balance, break down easily because they are chemically unstable, and have been found to be carcinogenic.
3. non-nano zinc oxide. Zinc or Titanium oxide is usually the main ingredient in mineral-based sunscreen. When these particles are too small, they are harmful because they seep into the skin. SO GLAD Loving naturals has a non-nano formula!
4. clear. I hate sunscreens that turn the skin purple.
5. NOT a spray. I know from experience that spray on sunscreen, while seemingly convenient and easy to apply, has its pitfalls. Achieving sufficient and even coverage with them is difficult, and you wind up using half the can!
6. no obnoxious smell
7. all of the above reasons make this sunscreen ideal for children, or anyone with sensitive skin. i have a 2 year old and plan to use it on him.

After using this product, this is what i found:

1. It's very thick, which means you have to spend a few extra minutes applying it. but it also means that it stand up to the SUN and the WATER that much better.
2. I like the way it smells. I'd read a review complaining about the smell. I'm a very particular individual, especially when it comes to fragrances. This sunscreen is "unscented" which means they don't add fragrance. of course, it has a smell, but it does not smell at all medicinally. the smell is akin to shea butter. much better than some obnoxious faxe coconut smell.
3. It worked MARVELOUSLY!! The Bahamian sun is NO JOKE. My skin is dark enough so that i rarely, if ever, burn. I can spend 12 hours at the beach in nj and not get sunburned. On our vacation, I stupidly chose not to wear sunscreen and got sunburned. My boyfriend, however, was completely fine. He was amazed at the fact that he no longer had to fear being outside in the sun.

Please note: this sunscreen is pricier than what most consumers of sunscreen are accustomed to. the old adage does not fail us though... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I'd much rather shell out a few extra bucks and have the peace of mind that comes with knowing i won't get a sunburn! You can't put a price on that.

BOTTOM LINE: this is the only sunscreen i will purchase from now on.
66 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2012
This product works. No issues there. It is also free of hormone blockers and Vitamin A. However, I had to shower twice to get the stuff off! It goes on thick, stays on, and is greasy.
on June 22, 2012
While I love that the company uses purely natural ingredients, I can say after using this product, that i'll not be purchasing again. Even after putting on, and letting it sit, it's greasy. Putting it on and rubbing it in profusely, still greasy. I look like I have petroleum jelly all over my arms! Someone correct me if i'm not doing this right, but I'd tried other natural sunscreen that rubbed-in perfectly fine.

I"m not dissuading individuals from purchasing this item, but know it doesn't rub-in in easily, nor is a non-greasy product.
on May 4, 2012
Found this on the skin deep cosmetics site. We've been using Badger for the last few years, which is also highly rated for both UVA/UVB protection and an overall lack of nasty chemical ingredients. I must say though, the Loving Naturals consistency is much better. It goes on clear, rubs in nicely and is completely unscented. I also bought the Clear Face, which has even a lighter feel. Don't be afraid of all that zinc oxide, with this stuff you won't be looking like Caspar at the pool.
on August 6, 2012
More oily than I expected, but, excellent odorless sunblock. Found about it from EWG website 4-oz can is small for the money, but here is how to stretch your buck:
1. Go to dollar tree/99c/Family Dollar/Walmart and get a ~2.8 OZ transparent dispenser with a mist spray head (sometimes they sell 2-3 of these together for one dollar)
2. Get another sunblock (rated highly on EWG) with titanium dioxide as the active ingredient.
3. Rinse the bottle with clean water.
4. Pour about 0.75 oz of Loving Naturals Clear Body SPF 30+ Non-Nano Zinc Oxide into the spray bottle.
5. Pour about 1.25 oz of the other sunblock into the spray bottle.
6. Pour about 0.8 oz of clean water (filtered or bottled-water is fine) into the spray bottle.]
7. Shake Shake Shake. Shake Shake Shake. Shake Your bottle!
This is not a water-based sunblock, so you will probably be better off if your other sunblock is water-based, or thin. Otherwise, repeat step 7 several times.
8. Keep the tip of the spray nozzle clean by wiping off the excess on your sibling/offspring (when they are asleep)
Result: you now have two non-toxic active ingredients (one good at UVB, the other at UVA protection) in an airport-friendly(< 3.4oz) spray-can for easy application and even distribution, diluted with water to get the most out your money, refillable easily, easily visible how much you have left, put this in a zip-lock bag to protect from accidental leakage (bottle sprayer unscrewing), and you have got yourself the ultimate sun protection in your purse/swim bag/glove box/basement on Earth!
on April 27, 2015
I was looking for a sunscreen that scored 1 or lower on the EWG, was more affordable than other sunscreens with the same score and was clear (rather than the ghostly white of most 'natural' sunscreens).
Loving Naturals fit all three criteria.
Will rebuy.

I had also purchased Jersey Kids as I was not sure which would work better. JK smears on white (even if you use minuscule amounts), is twice the price, and also got a '1' score on the Skin Deep Cosmetics Safe EWG database.
on June 14, 2012
I bought this for my 21 month old, THis is his first sunscreen ever, we used this when we were in San diego. It was very hard for us to aplly to our son as it was very thick and the oil seprated form the cream. It is very oily and left white coat on my sons skin this suncreen was there on him for hours ( did not re-apply for 6 hrs we were in zoo and beach) he did not have any tan or sun burn. Washing off the sunscreen was another challenge.
overall seems to be nice product, did not put it to test completly.. but defintely worth a try as it has a good rating in EWG.
on August 20, 2015
This stuff works great! I am very fair and really need to be careful when spending any extended period of time (basically, more than 20 mins) in the sun. But, I love the beach! I purchased this before my husband and I left for our beach vacation. I was looking for a product that didn't have all the questionable chemicals in it, yet wasn't thick/goopy and didn't leave behind the white residue that so many products with zinc oxide do. This product also has no discernible scent, for those put off by heavily scented products. You just apply and rub until the sunscreen is no longer visible on your skin. I reapplied each time I got out of the water/towel dried and I never got burned at all. Ingredients listed on the bottle: 24.7% Uncoated Non-nano Zinc Oxide; Grape Seed oil, Organic Sunflower oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides(from Coconut oil), Organic Beeswax, Stearic Acid(from Palm oil), Organic Honey, Sea Salt and Purified Water. Yes, it's pricey; but, I think it's worth it to use a product that keeps me/my family from burning and also doesn't contain a lot of questionable chemicals which could impact my or my family's health.
on September 20, 2015
I really want to love this but I can't it because it is way too sticky. I bought it to use on long bike rides and I come home with road grits stuck on my legs. The sunscreen is very thick and waterproof so sweat on my legs just bead up and can't flow or dry - when I hit a pot hole I would have this sudden cooling sensation as my sweat falls off my legs. Sorry if it's TMI but I didn't get it when others say that it is sticky! On the plus side, this product really works and I never reapply even on 10-hour bike rides.
on June 6, 2016
I've recently tried (and reviewed) several sunscreens and have only liked two; Majestic Pure Baby SPF 30+ sunscreen and this one which I've given five stars.

I've been looking for natural sunscreens however most of them still have many unwanted chemicals or leave a white cast on my skin. This sunscreen is great for me and is exactly what I'm looking for in both protection and ingredients but some people may not like the oily feel of this sunscreen. The reason I don't mind the consistency is that I use this mainly for my body and it's perfect for my dry skin before go to the beach or pool. I would not recommend it for the face if you are prone to breakouts but would be great for a babies (which it's made for anyway) or a young kids. I really like how soft it leaves my skin and that it doesn't leave a white residue.

There is a big difference between sunblock and sunscreen. Sunscreen uses chemical ingredients to protect from the sun's UV rays, while sunblock does not need them because it literally puts a protective barrier on the skin using mineral ingredients such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Most people, however, do not like a white cast on their skin, so zinc oxide sunblock isn't as popular as sunscreens. Although the newer zinc oxide formulations don't leave a white cast, they use nano-size particles that are so small that they easily penetrate the skin and go into the body and bloodstream.

This may be just as bad as using chemicals, as the potential risks/problems of zinc oxide inside the body aren't fully known.

Loving Naturals does not use nano-zinc oxide in its sunscreen and that's why I use it and would definitely recommend it for both its purity and effectiveness.

I'm grateful to have purchased this product at a discounted price in exchange for trying it and leaving my honest and unbiased review and will definitely be purchasing it again at full price.