Top positive review
114 people found this helpful
this is the only sunscreen i will purchase from now on!
on March 22, 2012
I did hours of research before deciding to purchase this sunscreen. I was to set sail on a vacation with my very fair-skinned boyfriend, who'd gotten severely sunburned last time we went to the beach. I was determined not to let that happen again.
I chose this sunscreen for the following reasons:
1. protects against both UVA and UVB rays, something the vast majority of sunscreens do not.
2. all natural and mineral based. Yes, lots of things claim to be all natural these days, but this sunscreen lacks the HARMFUL CHEMICALS found in most other sunscreens(i.e. oxybenzone, vitamin A.,) which disturb hormone balance, break down easily because they are chemically unstable, and have been found to be carcinogenic.
3. non-nano zinc oxide. Zinc or Titanium oxide is usually the main ingredient in mineral-based sunscreen. When these particles are too small, they are harmful because they seep into the skin. SO GLAD Loving naturals has a non-nano formula!
4. clear. I hate sunscreens that turn the skin purple.
5. NOT a spray. I know from experience that spray on sunscreen, while seemingly convenient and easy to apply, has its pitfalls. Achieving sufficient and even coverage with them is difficult, and you wind up using half the can!
6. no obnoxious smell
7. all of the above reasons make this sunscreen ideal for children, or anyone with sensitive skin. i have a 2 year old and plan to use it on him.
After using this product, this is what i found:
1. It's very thick, which means you have to spend a few extra minutes applying it. but it also means that it stand up to the SUN and the WATER that much better.
2. I like the way it smells. I'd read a review complaining about the smell. I'm a very particular individual, especially when it comes to fragrances. This sunscreen is "unscented" which means they don't add fragrance. of course, it has a smell, but it does not smell at all medicinally. the smell is akin to shea butter. much better than some obnoxious faxe coconut smell.
3. It worked MARVELOUSLY!! The Bahamian sun is NO JOKE. My skin is dark enough so that i rarely, if ever, burn. I can spend 12 hours at the beach in nj and not get sunburned. On our vacation, I stupidly chose not to wear sunscreen and got sunburned. My boyfriend, however, was completely fine. He was amazed at the fact that he no longer had to fear being outside in the sun.
Please note: this sunscreen is pricier than what most consumers of sunscreen are accustomed to. the old adage does not fail us though... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I'd much rather shell out a few extra bucks and have the peace of mind that comes with knowing i won't get a sunburn! You can't put a price on that.
BOTTOM LINE: this is the only sunscreen i will purchase from now on.