Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 26, 2013
In those days there was a "tone" knob that varied the sound between muffled through tinny. It's still mono, but the quality is so good you can actually understand what Elvis is saying. The disk is a replica of the vinyl album---blue with white lettering. Those born in the fifties or earlier have their own memories of what happened to it. I recall a jealous neighbor who put a fist right on Elvis's jaw. The record wasn't inside, but it came to grief a year later when I used it as a race car steering wheel.

Highlights are the drum work on Mean Woman Blues; the big base in Have I Told You Lately...and the folksy spin on I Beg Of You, which is every bit as good as the polished version. The alternate master of Party is a blast for the alternate lyrics: baby paint your lips/and regulate your wig/bring an army shovel if you really wanna dig/let's have a party. Still, it took a trip to one of the lyric sites to translate a line from I Beg Of You: same way I love you little girl/you got me at your--mercy/'cause I'm in love with you...

It's a great intro for those new to Elvis, at a time before he went in the army. A good followup would be his first album, then third, etc. I know one lady who uses them for background music at Christmas parties; but Elvis is good any time you need a blast of feel-good.
on April 5, 2009
This was Elvis' 3rd album and his 3rd number 1 album! While it was not quite as strong as his first two, it is still a great album for the period and this release is made even better by the inclusion of several bonus songs. It was part studio album and part soundtrack. It includes the hits "(Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear", "Loving You", and "I Beg Of You" as well as some songs that were hits in the UK, "Party" and "Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do". It also includes a different, darker version of "One Night" and an rock and roll version of the title track. Highly recommended for Elvis and 50's music fans!
on November 23, 2011
Elvis is always great. I had this as a vinyl album when I was a teenager(I'm 63 now)The songs sound just as good or better then they were back then. The CD price can't be beat.I don't think you will be unhappy with this.
on May 22, 2015
I grew up buying Elvis records when I could afford it, paper route and allowance were my income. Since I was only 11 years old when Elvis died, I'm not claiming to be knowledgeable about much of his releases and available takes, etc. But I can say this is really a great group of songs that flow together well and create a sound of a thought-out release. My wife and out son's also enjoy this "new album", to us. All in my family know, watched and own VHS tapes of many of this movies and like his "hits", but this album was so well produced and the added bonus tracks made it great! With the price of CD's at an all time low, I'm going to purchase his entire original RCA releases.
on March 13, 2012
I HAD THE BMG/RCA RELEASE OF LOVING YOU AND THE SOUND QUALITY WAS VERY POOR. SINCE SONY STARTED REMASTERING THE ELVIS CATALOGUE WHAT AN AMAZING DIFFERENCE. THIS 'LOVING YOU' RELEASED BY SONY IS INCREDIBLE. IT FEELS LIKE YOU COULD BE IN THE RECORDING STUDIO WITH ELVIS. EACH TRACK SEEMS LIKE NEW. THE GREAT 'MEAN WOMAN BLUES' LEADS OFF THIS ALBUM FOLLOWED BY 'TEDDY BEAR'THEN THE TITLE BALLAD 'LOVING YOU' BOTH GREAT HITS. WITH GREAT BONUS TRACKS 'IS IT SO STRANGE' AND 'ONE NIGHT OF SIN' YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THIS ALBUM. THEY ALL HAVE BEEN RELEASED BEFORE,BUT YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD THESE SONGS SOUND SO GOOD AND FRESH.5 STARS
on December 25, 2013
My wife collects all things Elvis. She did not have this particular 'record' so I bought it for her to add to her collection.
on May 31, 2014
Sound is OK and very interesting the extra material with introductions that make one feel as if in the recording studio.
on July 30, 2013
Anything Elvis is a must have. Timeless music from the King. You won't be disappointed if you are a true fan.
on July 23, 2014
Great music. Prompt delivery too.
on May 15, 2013
Lots of great music on this CD. He even sings a Cole Porter song. Songs from the movie and I think a few bonus tracks added in.
Roger Ashton