4.0 out of 5 stars Highly Entertaining!
Low Pressure is a highly entertaining, suspenseful novel that will having you guessing until the very end!

Published 23 months ago by Lonelyowlbooks

2.0 out of 5 stars A miss for me...
It's been awhile since I struggled to finish a book as much as this one. After reading the sensational book Lethal, I had high hopes and expectations for this one. Unfortunately, this one fell way short.

Published 23 months ago by Krista Lyn

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly Entertaining!, September 18, 2012
This review is from: Low Pressure (Hardcover)

Sandra Brown has created a fantastic set of likable characters in this newest novel. Unpretentious rich girl Bellamy has repressed childhood memories of the day her sister was murdered. She's written a novel, Low Pressure, in an effort to bring those memories to the forefront and bring the suspicion she has that the wrong man was accused and found guilty of the murder. She teams up with her sister's then boyfriend, Dent, an airplane pilot and self-proclaimed bad boy, to solve the mystery that still surrounds her sister's death.

There are many twists and turns during Bellamy and Dent's investigation. Bellamy has to face some nasty truths about her sister and by digging up the past she's put both her and Dent's lives in danger from quite a few shady characters.

Many chapters end with a cliff hanging sentence which made me not want to put the book down. I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen in the next chapter. There's a nice steamy love scene in this one which does not disappoint.

For me the best thing about this book was I had no idea who the real murderer was. I knew who I thought didn't do it but didn't figure out who did until it was disclosed in the book...a very rare thing.

One request from the author...I want to read Bellamy's Low Pressure!

This book was provided for review by the publisher.

2.0 out of 5 stars A miss for me..., September 19, 2012
Krista Lyn (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Low Pressure (Hardcover)

The chemistry that was so scorching and believable in Lethal was missing in this book. I love romantic suspense novels, and I would concede that it is difficult to find a book that can balance both the romance and the suspense plots equally.

Low Pressure tells the story of a woman who is trying to deal with the murder of her sister. She has repressed memories from the night her sister was killed and has written a "fictional" book that rehashes the night of the tornado that changed so many lives forever. There was a trial, and a man was convicted of the murder, but Bellamy fears that an innocent man was framed for the murder.

Add in a host of secondary characters: the convicted man's brother who is bent on revenge, a guilt ridden prosecutor in the case, Bellamy's sisters former boyfriend, his father figure, and a terminally ill father, and you have a fairly intricate plot to dissect.

Unfortunately, I was never invested in any of the characters enough to care. Dent's character was never particularly attractive to me and Bellamy got on my nerves almost immediately. The suspense plot was fairly easy to see and I was able to guess what was going on before it was revealed.

This was a miss for me, but Lethal was a complete hit. I guess there are different strokes for different folks, and this one was not for me.

A big thanks to Grand Central Publishing for providing me with an ARC for review!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars "That little trick of hers cost us all so dearly.", September 18, 2012
This review is from: Low Pressure (Hardcover)
The plot of Brown's novel is simple enough: In an effort to find closure, Bellamy Price, the daughter of a wealthy Texas family, writes a fictional account of a family tragedy that occurred eighteen years ago on the site of a Memorial Day celebration but also a devastating tornado that left nine people dead in its wake. And one murder victim, Bellamy's sister, Susan Lyston. Based on a sensational murder and trial, the novel attracts enormous media attention, old wounds reopened for many of the individuals involved, not to mention long-buried hidden skeletons. One such individual is Denton Carter, Susan's boyfriend at the time of her death, the detective's first suspect, though Allen Strickland is eventually convicted of the crime, then murdered in prison. Dale Moody, the lead detective, has never found peace with his part in the investigation, but Rupe Collier, the prosecutor, a successful businessman, has developed an appetite for media attention. Adding to the drama, Bellamy's father is in the last stages of terminal illness, Bellamy's step-mother, Olivia, afraid to leave his side, Bellamy's step-brother having distanced himself from the family over the years.

Brown is an accomplished storyteller, at her best mixing personalities, motives, truth and lies, Bellamy's notoriety drawing the attention of tabloid reporter Rocky Van Durbin, as well as Strickland's brother, Ray, a loose cannon in search of revenge for the injustice done his brother. A young girl's crush on Denton, now an airline pilot Bellamy charters to take her father to the hospital, adds romantic tension, the pilot's life nearly destroyed by the investigation and animosity of the powerful Lyston family. Danger trumps animosity as Denton gets drawn into an evolving drama, Bellamy at grave risk when she discovers material that compromises the original investigation and trial. Brown balances conflicting agendas and characters in a surfeit of volatile confrontations, the realization of repressed memories and the imminent death of Howard Lyston, leading to a climax as shocking as the original murder eighteen years ago. Luan Gaines/2012.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good mystery.......Ms. Brown has another winner, September 20, 2012
This review is from: Low Pressure (Kindle Edition)
Ms. Brown has done it again! "Low Pressure" which I am assuming is referring to a weather condition, as in a tornado, is an excellent mystery. I'll not go into length of the synopsis of the book because other reviewers have already done a good job doing so. I'll just state that Bellamy writes a book about the murder of her older sister at a family company picnic 18 years ago. Bellamy was 12 at the time of the murder. Her sister's body was found just after a deadly tornado had hit the picnic grounds. The book opens up a so called "can of worms" and the story begins. I could hardly put the book down, but that is usually what happens when I read one of Ms. Brown's books and I believe I've read all of her books even the ones listed using her pseudo names. The twists and turns in the story are outstanding. I don't want to discourage anyone, but the book was a mystery; not a romance mystery; just a mystery with a little peripheral romance involved that is why I gave the book a 4.5. Like I have stated before, I prefer romance with a little mystery not the other way around. Hey, that's just my preference. Still the book was great! Like another reviewer, I had already figured out who the murderer was, but Ms. Brown did a great job tying it all together. If you like mysteries, you will love this book. I give a big thanks to Ms. Brown.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, September 19, 2012
This review is from: Low Pressure (Kindle Edition)
I was really disappointed with "Low Pressure". I thought the story was slow; I was at 30% and still wondering when it was going to get interesting. I never got a feel for the characters, they didn't seem real and their dialogue seemed forced and awkward. I figured out "whodunnit" by around 60%.

Sorry, I usually love Sandra Brown, but not this time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Low Pressure, February 27, 2013
This review is from: Low Pressure (Paperback)
Very disappointing. I have struggled from the first page. Could not even finish it. I was hoping for a great murder mystery and got nothing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not her best!!!, September 24, 2012
This review is from: Low Pressure (Kindle Edition)
I won't be so anxious to purchase her books anymore without reading a few reviews...This is not her best work, rather boring actually

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, October 7, 2012
This review is from: Low Pressure (Kindle Edition)
One plot flaw after the other! Implausible character actions, reactions, and reasonings. Predictable outcomes, mostly stupid dialog, and poor pacing. A few of her books have been good reads but most are not. Don't waste your time and money.

1.0 out of 5 stars None, September 27, 2012
This review is from: Low Pressure (Kindle Edition)
This book was one big disapointment. From lame characters like a reporter that apparently eery character HAS to talk to...to the predictable plot. A complete waste of time and money.

5.0 out of 5 stars loves a good book, September 20, 2012
This review is from: Low Pressure (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book from first page .keep my interest keep me guessing to the end . Don't understand the low rateing by a few. I was not disapointed glad she still is writting my kind of story .This book had every thing I look for in a good book interesting plot ,just enough conflict , mystery ,sex and danger to not want to put it down wanted to stay up all night reading .These are the books I like to save so I can go back and read over again never get tired of a great book like this.

Low Pressure
Low Pressure by Sandra Brown (Hardcover - September 18, 2012)
$26.99