Panasonic KX-TG1062M DECT 6.0 Corded/Cordless Phone with Answering Machine, Metallic Gray, 2 Handsets
Used & New from: $99.75
Low radiation DECT phone? I understand the KX-TG1062M has a low power Energy Star rating, but does that translate to a low radiation DECT phone? http://www.lessradiation.co.uk/low-radiation-eco-dect-digital-cordless-phones/
Old DECT phones always broadcast on high, but newer phones don't broadcast unless they need to. I don't necessarily buy all of the discussion on EMF exposure, but I'd like to minimize it. Plenty of info on the net about phones in Europe, but nothing on US phones.
[UPDATED] asked by Robert Anthony on March 8, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Answered my own question - I spoke to Panasonic. They say the KX-TG1062M does not broadcast when not being used, so yes it's low-rad.
Robert Anthony answered on March 24, 2010
Comments (2) | 16 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Siemens GIGASET C385 is specifically designed to be reduced in power demand which translates to reduced radiation. It goes into standby mode when not in use whether docked or not and that happens after 30 seconds then then is no radiation from the phone or dock, and it also reduces the radiation by the distance to the dock.
Christopher Grennan answered on December 2, 2011
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the 1061 model of this phone and my RF meter we used to test the phone was off the charts. It looks exactly like the 1062. I'm getting rid of it.
M. Homan answered on October 13, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Panasonic Dect 6.0 Metallic Gray Cordless/Corded Phone with Answering Machine (KX-TG1062M)
Robert Anthony answered on March 8, 2010
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The panasonic guy I spoke to said all continuously broadcast, so one of the folks at panasonic doesn't know what he/she is talking about
ChicagoJoe answered on November 7, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks!
HappyKat answered on September 18, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Aug 14, 2010 1:02:33 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product