5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera bag! Sleek and comfortable!
I bought this bag to replace the "USA Gear dSLR ZOOM Holster for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras" bag. And I am sooo glad that I did!

Published on August 7, 2010 by Cristiano

3.0 out of 5 stars doesn't fit quite well for D90
If you have a Nikon D90, this one is a little too small. I can still fit in my D90 + Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens but very tight...
Published on October 19, 2010 by Mom for two boys

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera bag! Sleek and comfortable!, August 7, 2010
Cristiano (Seoul, Korea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro Adventura 140 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)

In contrast, the Lowe Pro Adventura is sleeker and more comfortable than the bulky, boxey, square USA Gear bag. Although it is smaller, it holds everything that the USA Gear bag could. And the shoulder strap's non-slip surface is HUGE because the USA Gear's shoulder strap kept slipping off my shoulder. Thus far, I am super happy with the Lowe Pro Adventura and super satisfied!

Great Features:
1) Sleek, comfortable, and nice to look at.
2) Room for my Nikon D90 with 50mm prime lens and an extra 18-200mm lens.
3) Side pockets hold an extra battery and my Canon S90 digital consumer camera (my backup for fast snapshots).
4) Front pocket holds extra memory cards and other extras.
5) Quick access via one plastic latch (I prefer this over a zipper).
6) Zipper enclosure in case you want the extra protection.
7) Great craftmanship in the bag's materials.

I kinda regretted that I didn't get the bigger Adventura 170 but on more careful examination, I like the fact that the 140 has a pocket in the back for a passport. The 170 has a belt strap instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars doesn't fit quite well for D90, October 19, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Very decent, small, inexpensive camera bag., October 3, 2010
Ashley Bee (St. Louis, MO, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro Adventura 140 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
I bought this camera bag mainly because it is really well-priced for the quality. Of course, it's Lowepro, so you KNOW it's good, but it's really, surprisingly well-padded. As soon as I put my camera in and zipped it closed for the first time, I could just feel how safe it was... and after accidentally dropping the bag a few times, I know that it is indeed safe.

I love the zipper + clasp-close that it has in order to protect from rain. I think that, along with the really well-made padding, is my favorite feature of the bag. For me, it fit a Nikon D40 with a 35mm lens attached, an 18-55mm lens on the left side, and a lens hood on the ride. Also, it has room for extra memory cards in the front.

The strap is extremely versatile -- I love that it's long enough that I can wear it slung across my body and have it resting near my hip or a little lower (I'm 5'9"). I think it would work perfectly on someone much shorter or taller than me, also.

Now, I don't care for the color of the internal padding. It's such a silly thing to say or let affect my opinion, but it's true. It's sort of a burnt orange color... I don't much care for it. I know it's a small bag and would be great for traveling if you don't need more than the lens you have attached and maybe one extra, but it is a *really* snug fit with those lenses. I think this is purely an "I'll only be taking photos for a few hours" bag, and that's perfectly okay. In fact, I'm sure I'll be using this even after I get my new Lowepro Passport bag for whenever I go on-location to shoot. However, I still feel that the size should have been expanded just a bit so I don't feel like I might damage something by trying to fit my camera in the bag.

Over all, I would definitely recommend this bag to anyone who needs just an inexpensive bag to carry a small amount of equipment in. Just be sure you're aware of the size; it's not a bag meant for multiple lenses, really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect low cost case for nice DSLR, February 27, 2012
This review is from: Lowepro Adventura 140 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
I read many reviews saying this wasn't big enough for a DSLR. I have a Canon T3i with the optional 18-135 lens. It is longer than the standard 18-55. It fits in this case just perfectly, with the lens ON. That was huge for me. I didn't want to waste time switching out different size lenses, so I bought an extended size lens & love it. Very quick to pull the camera out & shoot. Just enough extra space in the front pocket, side pockets & 2 interior pockets (either side of the lens) to stash random things (extra batteries, cables, whatever! Very well padded case & nice orange lining inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a bag that's not too big or too small!, November 23, 2011
I recently bought a Sony NEX-5N with the standard 18-55mm lens along with the 55-210mm and had a difficult time finding a bag that was large enough to include all the lenses and accessories (the charger, spare battery, USB reader etc), without being cavernous. Luckily I happened across the Adventura 140. The bag is well made, the zippers feel strong and not likely to break after a number of unzips, the stitching on the handle attachment is strong and secure. They include two Velcro dividers that you can reposition for your specific rig. I can configure the bag so the camera w/ 18-55 attached is on one end, the 55-210 is in the middle, and the battery charger is on the other end with a nice snug fit for everything. The zippered pouch holds my extras like a few cables and my SD to USB drive, and the outer elastic pockets hold my spare battery and flash module for the NEX. The bag is tall, so you can also fit a pouch of filters on top of the camera/lens section as well.

I'm very happy with the purchase, and if you have a mirror-less camera like the NEX you will be able to fit quite a bit in the bag, if you have a consumer sized DSLR you could probably fit that with a short lens and a longer lens to the side, nice for small outing when you don't want to lug around 50 lbs. of lenses in your backpack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit!, September 28, 2011
This review is from: Lowepro Adventura 140 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
I purchased this bag for my Canon Rebel T3i. It's compact enough to carry around without worrying about extra bulk and the camera fits in there perfectly snug and protected. There are a couple of useful pockets on each side, an adjustable shoulder strap and extremely useful zip pockets with lots of little compartments - so nothing gets lost! Also, there is room for an additional lens inside the bag. I feel my camera is safe traveling in this case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit for Nikon Coolpix P500, May 9, 2011
This review is from: Lowepro Adventura 140 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
Searched for many days online. Most bags reviewed were either too small or too large. I was going to use an old video recorder bag, but it was just too big and bulky. Then I found this at a local retailer. It is just what I was looking for. The bag holds my Nikon Coolpix P500 camera, extra battery and battery charger and cables for the charger, two extra memory cards and my mini tripod (7 1/2 inches long)for low light shots. Camera goes on the left, tripod and cables stand up on the right, and the rest fits in the front pocket. Other reviews have gone over the construction details.
Small enough to carry comfortably but large enough for my stuff.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're only carrying 1 lens, March 6, 2013
I purchased this case for my Nikon D5100. I planned to carry both the 18-55mm and 55-300mm lens. Well, that didn't work out. I only had room to have the 18-55mm lens attached to the body and there was no room for the 55-300mm lens. With the shorter lens in I was able to tuck my neck strap in between the lens and the side wall of the bag. I was able to fit the battery charger on the other side of the lens.
This bag is perfect for 1 lens and a charger. I don't know who would carry just 1 lens with any DSLR camera but if you do, then this bag is perfect for you. But for my needs, I'm going to need something that will hold 2-3 lens, charger and a few odds and ends.
Looks and style are fine. Small and compact, not in your way.
Price - $29.99 @ Best Buy. I feel that it should be priced anywhere from $19.99 - $24.99.
I'm returning this item later today and will purchase the Lowepro Rezo 170.
I would not recommend this item for anyone who plans to carry more than 1 lens

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated, February 26, 2012
This review is from: Lowepro Adventura 140 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
I received this product fairly quickly, the only problem was the very first time I opened the front clip, one of the sides were broken. so now only one side of the clip will attach and it makes it very hard to unclip. I have not been able to figure out how to contact the seller to receive a replacement or refund. I like the product, just don't want a broken one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent single-shoulder bag for its price, June 30, 2011
This review is from: Lowepro Adventura 140 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
For users with small DSLRs with few lens or big zoom-range DCs, this bag is great for its price and size; it can hold up to one DSLR + one lens or a large DC with a external flash. Although not AW (all weather), users with this level of equipment would not be interested in taking photos in big rain.

Rate and Discover Movies