Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lowepro Adventura 140 Camera Shoulder Bag for DSLR or Camcorder
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 0000|Color: Black|Change

on August 7, 2010
I bought this bag to replace the "USA Gear dSLR ZOOM Holster for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras" bag. And I am sooo glad that I did!

In contrast, the Lowe Pro Adventura is sleeker and more comfortable than the bulky, boxey, square USA Gear bag. Although it is smaller, it holds everything that the USA Gear bag could. And the shoulder strap's non-slip surface is HUGE because the USA Gear's shoulder strap kept slipping off my shoulder. Thus far, I am super happy with the Lowe Pro Adventura and super satisfied!

Great Features:
1) Sleek, comfortable, and nice to look at.
2) Room for my Nikon D90 with 50mm prime lens and an extra 18-200mm lens.
3) Side pockets hold an extra battery and my Canon S90 digital consumer camera (my backup for fast snapshots).
4) Front pocket holds extra memory cards and other extras.
5) Quick access via one plastic latch (I prefer this over a zipper).
6) Zipper enclosure in case you want the extra protection.
7) Great craftmanship in the bag's materials.

I kinda regretted that I didn't get the bigger Adventura 170 but on more careful examination, I like the fact that the 140 has a pocket in the back for a passport. The 170 has a belt strap instead.
on November 23, 2011
I recently bought a Sony NEX-5N with the standard 18-55mm lens along with the 55-210mm and had a difficult time finding a bag that was large enough to include all the lenses and accessories (the charger, spare battery, USB reader etc), without being cavernous. Luckily I happened across the Adventura 140. The bag is well made, the zippers feel strong and not likely to break after a number of unzips, the stitching on the handle attachment is strong and secure. They include two Velcro dividers that you can reposition for your specific rig. I can configure the bag so the camera w/ 18-55 attached is on one end, the 55-210 is in the middle, and the battery charger is on the other end with a nice snug fit for everything. The zippered pouch holds my extras like a few cables and my SD to USB drive, and the outer elastic pockets hold my spare battery and flash module for the NEX. The bag is tall, so you can also fit a pouch of filters on top of the camera/lens section as well.

I'm very happy with the purchase, and if you have a mirror-less camera like the NEX you will be able to fit quite a bit in the bag, if you have a consumer sized DSLR you could probably fit that with a short lens and a longer lens to the side, nice for small outing when you don't want to lug around 50 lbs. of lenses in your backpack.
on October 3, 2010
I bought this camera bag mainly because it is really well-priced for the quality. Of course, it's Lowepro, so you KNOW it's good, but it's really, surprisingly well-padded. As soon as I put my camera in and zipped it closed for the first time, I could just feel how safe it was... and after accidentally dropping the bag a few times, I know that it is indeed safe.

I love the zipper + clasp-close that it has in order to protect from rain. I think that, along with the really well-made padding, is my favorite feature of the bag. For me, it fit a Nikon D40 with a 35mm lens attached, an 18-55mm lens on the left side, and a lens hood on the ride. Also, it has room for extra memory cards in the front.

The strap is extremely versatile -- I love that it's long enough that I can wear it slung across my body and have it resting near my hip or a little lower (I'm 5'9"). I think it would work perfectly on someone much shorter or taller than me, also.

Now, I don't care for the color of the internal padding. It's such a silly thing to say or let affect my opinion, but it's true. It's sort of a burnt orange color... I don't much care for it. I know it's a small bag and would be great for traveling if you don't need more than the lens you have attached and maybe one extra, but it is a *really* snug fit with those lenses. I think this is purely an "I'll only be taking photos for a few hours" bag, and that's perfectly okay. In fact, I'm sure I'll be using this even after I get my new Lowepro Passport bag for whenever I go on-location to shoot. However, I still feel that the size should have been expanded just a bit so I don't feel like I might damage something by trying to fit my camera in the bag.

Over all, I would definitely recommend this bag to anyone who needs just an inexpensive bag to carry a small amount of equipment in. Just be sure you're aware of the size; it's not a bag meant for multiple lenses, really.
on September 28, 2011
I purchased this bag for my Canon Rebel T3i. It's compact enough to carry around without worrying about extra bulk and the camera fits in there perfectly snug and protected. There are a couple of useful pockets on each side, an adjustable shoulder strap and extremely useful zip pockets with lots of little compartments - so nothing gets lost! Also, there is room for an additional lens inside the bag. I feel my camera is safe traveling in this case!
on February 27, 2012
I read many reviews saying this wasn't big enough for a DSLR. I have a Canon T3i with the optional 18-135 lens. It is longer than the standard 18-55. It fits in this case just perfectly, with the lens ON. That was huge for me. I didn't want to waste time switching out different size lenses, so I bought an extended size lens & love it. Very quick to pull the camera out & shoot. Just enough extra space in the front pocket, side pockets & 2 interior pockets (either side of the lens) to stash random things (extra batteries, cables, whatever! Very well padded case & nice orange lining inside.
on October 19, 2010
If you have a Nikon D90, this one is a little too small. I can still fit in my D90 + Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens but very tight...
on July 18, 2012
Did some extensive researching on bags for my Canon G12, and decided on this one since it seemed sleek enough and well-padded if I ever want to take it around within a NorthFace Slingshot backpack (along with other items inside the backpack) OR by itself. The top entry and the buckle was what drew me to this bag at first, since I can just leave the lid unzipped and unlatched so that I can access my camera easily just by lifting the lid up&down within my backpack. Also, the buckle ensures that your front pocket's accessories or even the stuff in the bag can't be pilfered as easily when you're on a crowded train or mob or something. :P

This bag fits my Canon G12, Speedlite 430EX II + bounce cap diffuser, and the G12's filter adapter + lens quite snugly and perfectly with a teeny bit of room to spare, with the front pocket for SD card and other small/flat miscellaneous stuff, plus the back and side pockets for extra storage of manuals, cell phones, etc.

Girls, you'll definitely look more feminine carrying this around if you're planning to be pretty low-key with your camera/DSLR + one or two lenses, etc. :)

Highly recommended!
on March 7, 2011
I bought this LowePro to house an Olympus E-PL1 camera and two kit lenses (14-42mm and 40-150mm).

With the Olympus electronic viewfinder installed this bag is a snug fit.

With the 14-42 mounted on the camera there is room for the 40-150 if one removes one of the two dividers provided with the bag. With the 40-150 mounted there is no way to conveniently store the 14-42 within easy reach. You can store all of the bits and pieces, but ease of access suffers.

That being said, the bag is built quite solidly. While there is no rain cover included in the bag the bag itself has good weather protection. Note that this bag is not an "AW" model - LowePro's code for "All Weather". The lid has a solid zipper and overlaps well. I have several LowePro bags and they are all of good quality.

There is a small pocket in the back of the bag, but the Olympus camera manual will not completely fit in it; an inch or so protrudes from the pocket.

There is room in the front pocket for a spare battery and SD cards, lens cap, etc.

The two pockets on either end of the case are quite small, and a drink bottle would not be a good fit. Car keys, perhaps, or loose change.

The interior is unfortunately a loud shade of orange; I can only assume that it's purpose is to use as a signaling device should one become lost at sea. (Edit - actually of course the color is because most camera accessories are dark colored and an orange liner allows small items to be easily be seen in the bottom of the bag. Makes much sense in a large bag, not so much perhaps in a bag of this size).

The bag is advertised for holding "a DSLR" camera - if so they must have meant a very small DSLR indeed; the micro four thirds Olympus (with viewer attached) is about as large as I'd care to fit into the bag. A couple of inches fore and aft would have been most welcome - but it does serve the purpose for which I purchased it.

Recommended - if one is looking for quite a small bag.

Update, 1 year later:

The bag is still in excellent condition, having been carried hither and yon in four seasons of Michigan weather. I have added the Panasonic 20mm pancake lens to the kit. If one mounts either the 14-42 or the 20mm lens on the E-PL1 body the remaining lens and the 40-150 kit lens can be "stacked" in the remaining free space in the main compartment of the bag.
on May 14, 2015
Good value in a camera bag. No bells and whistles, but it holds the camera and at least one medium-size spare lens, batteries, charging cables, and as many memory cards as you could need. Well padded, but I wouldn't recommend tossing it around (it's thin compared to some others, but therefore is less bulky which is a plus)
on February 26, 2013
This is a great bag for my Olympus EM-5. I carry one or two extra lenses, a few extra batteries and misc. accessories along with the camera all set up to use. I like that the top flat completely covers the main compartment so you can leave it open in rain or snow. It's got enough padding to protect the camera from a fair amount of abuse. The top is securely closed by both a perimeter zipper (two together so you can open them in either direction. Then the flap snaps into a clasp down on the bottom front side. The inside compartment can be easily configured with 2 pull out velcro dividers.
I just returned from a 4 day winter camping trip that involved some pretty rugged conditions. The case worked really well: protected the camera and still gave me ready access.
Earlier I purchased the next size smaller which was a bit cramped for the gear I wanted to carry. Instead of returning it, I found that the smaller bag was just right for a few additional lenses when I want to bring everything
My only criticism is that the snap on the main flap is a little hard to undo. It's not a big deal, though, and when I'm working I usually leave the flap open since it hangs nicely over the main compartment.
Yes, I would recommend this case.