Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lowepro Adventura 170 Camera Shoulder Bag for DSLR or Camcorder
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Model Number: Adventura 170 (Black)|Change

on January 7, 2011
This is my second Lowepro case, the first one was too small for my camera but this one is big enough for a DSLR or SLR with 2 or 3 lenses and a flash. Small items like filters, cleaning goods, extra batteries and memory cards can be accomodated in the outside pockets. Construction looks durable, the interior is very soft orange fabric and dividers are adjustable. Nice
review image review image review image
22 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2010
This bag comes with removable dividers making it easy to change the pockets to fit your needs. I am able to leave any of my lenses attached to my Canon Rebel and it still fits nicely in this bag. I also like the zipper and snap closure, I can use either or both. Very nice quality.
33 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2010
So far so good. This bag is spacious but not too bulky. It is great for a XLR Camera and two lenses. The 140 is barely big enough for the camera and a few accessories so if you are looking between the 170 and 140 and are planning on getting an extra lens I would recommend getting the larger bag. If you want just the camera the 140 is a lot smaller and better if you want less bulk. I think more space is better but that is just me! The 170 seems very study, is nice and padded well. It is a good quality bag.
on March 10, 2012
I was looking for the smallest bag possible for a Canon Rebel T3. Took this bag to the zoo to see how it works. I strapped the bag over my neck and under my right arm. Wore it for 5 1/2 hours straight while walking around with kids, pushing a stroller, hiking up hills (for southern Californians, I was at San Diego's Safrari Park, you know those hills!). I am sensitive to things touching my neck but the strap on this bag did not bother me at all, nor did i have any marks on my neck afterwards. It would be better if it had a padded strap, though.

The camera can be shoved into the bag with its shoulder strap hanging out and the bag left unzipped if you want quick access to the camera, it will not fall out. I kept the camera strapped over my neck with the same over the shoulder arrangement as the bag and adjusted the straps on both the camera and the bag so that the camera was output was partially in the bag while I walked. This kept it somewhat protected but still easily accessible. I don't think I would have been happy trying to pull it out and shoved back in every time I wanted to snap a picture of the kids. Kids and animals move fast, can't be spending time pulling the camera out of a tight fit. On the other hand I did not want a bigger bag as I am short and dont want to lug a big bag around while putting my toddler in and out of the stroller and helping my preschool age child in the bathroom at an amusement park or zoo so this size is perfect for me, but better for someone with a bridge size camera than a DSLR. I only had the 18-55 lens on, forget a bigger lens or else use the bag for the bigger lens and keep the camera strapped on your shoulder and neck.

Yes you can put the camera with the small lens on in the bag with the shoulder strap neatly folded over at the top and still zip the bag closed and unzip it and get it out. I did things the way I did for faster access, maybe someone more coordinated would have no problems.

The front pocket is nice, and I can fit a spare memory card, money, I'd and credit card and cell phone in with the camera in the bag. The side pockets are open but have tight elastic and I used it for my cell phone which stuck out above the pocket but never was in danger of slipping out despite the mother duties described above. Keys can fit in the other side pocket.

The padding is basic, not a hard bottom, adequate padding for my needs but not for someone who is worried about their camera. The strap holders are heavy duty plastic d rings and solid snaps on the strap. The top handle is heavy duty as wel and the zippers work fine, no shoddy construction here. Material feels as of it would be somewhat waterproof.

Conclusion, overall great, well built bag, can fit a Canon Rebel T3 but I don't know if my husband's larger Nikon D70 and D5000 would fit or not (can't try right now but can update)
on August 10, 2011
As you can read from other reviewers, the case is great and fits my Nikon DSLR D3100 plus 51-200 lens with room to spare. However, after just a month of use, the strap which as a non slip material on it in the center, started fraying (picture a cut denim jean with all the threads sticking out). Really poorly made strap.

I spoke to the customer service and they are sending me a "better" strap. Something to note for prospective buyers.
on December 31, 2010
I purchased this for my mom's Canon Rebel T1i. It was just perfect--not too bulky, but substantial enough to protect her camera. The interior is a cheery orange and padded nicely. The camera will fit whether the kit lens is attached or removed. I looked locally for a bag this size and prices were easily double. I am a photographer myself and was impressed with this bag. I don't always leave reviews, but I made this purchase based on other reviews on this page. This is a perfect bag for an SLR and 1-2 lenses.
on March 27, 2012
I did a lot of hunting around to find a decent, fairly compact protective case or bag for my Sony alpha Nex-5N. The Nex-5N is fairly beefy for a point and shoot, especially with the 18-55mm zoom lens attached. Thankfully, the Nex-5N fits snugly in this case inserted on it's side, even with the 18-55mm lens and flash attached. It's not perfect, but it has been very difficult to find a workable and not overly-huge case for this particular camera, so I'm quite happy with it. If you are looking for a case for the Nex-5N or a similar Nex model, keep in mind this case isn't going to hold more than the camera body, whatever lens you have attached, a memory card and maybe a spare battery.
on April 7, 2012
I have a Canon SX40. Good size. It fits the camera, extra battery, cable, charger and other accessories.
There is a removeable divider that is held in place by velcro and you can put the divider anywhere in the case. The divider is really well padded so it protects your camera well when you want to put other things in the case.
This bag is well padded, so the camera can be safe. This bag seems like a good quality.
on April 5, 2012
I got this for my Canon Rebel T3 with the default 18-55 lens (~$500, got it recently). I wanted a bag that wasn't too big but still felt safe (something I could throw in the backseat or bang against things without worrying). This seems to be a good one. I think I could have tried the TLZ 15, which seems to be a little shorter, if I wanted a more snug fit and a slightly smaller bag to carry. I heard they are sold at Fred Meyer/any local electronics store, so it might be worth taking your camera and trying it out there for fit. But I didn't know that, so between the 15 and the 25, I chose this bigger one semi-arbitrarily.

At first it seemed too big... but I shouldn't mind the extra room. If I were to get a bigger lens one day, there's some room for it. (Of course, no room to carry two lenses... just the camera and the lens currently attached to it.) Also, I use the extra room at the top to fold up the camera strap and fit that in. I'm not sure how the TLZ 15 would fit the camera strap. I might go and try it sometime just to see.

Quality construction. Durable outside, and smooth fabric on the inside like a life vest. The zippers are nice and move easily. The side pockets can hold my camera charger, though it's a tight fit. With the shoulder strap, I like to wear it across my torso with the bag hanging behind my hip and it's secure but out of the way if I'm just walking around. When I'm actively taking pictures, I can easily slide the lens cap into the front pocket.
on March 30, 2012
I have a nikon d40x with a kit lens and an extra macro lens and I still have room to spare (as in enough room on the top for another lens). I can hold an extra battery, wall charger, car charger, two cables, two memory cards, a remote, and a tripod adapter. Very rugged and high quality. I had been having some trouble getting the right size case, but this was perfect, not at all bulky but extremely functional. Perfect.