Lowepro Classified 140 AW
Price:$49.99 - $144.99

on April 6, 2012
If you are serious about photography, before long you will accumulate some equipment and several camera bags. You will soon learn that camera bags are like luggage - you will need one to fit the occasion.

I now own five Lowepro camera bags. From smallest to largest:

* Classified 30
* Classified 140
* Classified 160
* Fastpack 350
* Pro Trekker 300 AW

Bags have to accommodate not only the occasion, but the equipment you want to carry, and maybe the equipment you hope to one day own and hope to fit in the bag. Below is the new stuff I own:

* Canon PowerShot G11
* Canon EOS60D (without grip)
* EF-S 17-55
* EF-S 10-22
* EF 70-200L IS
* Speedlite 430EX II
* Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod with the 054 Magnesium Ball Head with Q2 QR

OK. I bought the Classified 140 to hold my EOS60D with EF-S 17-55 lens, hood, and perhaps a map or travel book or sunglasses. It works for me as a small bag to carry just the essentials - one DSLR camera (not too big), one lens, - around town when I want to keep a low profile.

I have read all the bad reviews about this bag but I still bought it anyway - it was my last bag in my lineup. For anyone contemplating one of the Classified bags, I would recommend looking at the 160. The 160 is bigger, deeper, can carry an iPad, and has a little pocket for my tabletop tripod. Most photographers would be better served by the 160, but for what I describe above, the 140 is perfect. I can carry it all day without bother. I use the 160 when I want to look discreet and carry more. With the exception of the tripod, I can get all of the above in the 160, but it is heavy. If I want everything the 160 carries plus more room for extras and a laptop, I choose the Fastpack 350. And finally, for when I do landscape photography, I want something to carry a tripod (the Pro Trekker has three ways to do it), lots of water, lots of equipment, and a removable fanny pack/top pack, then there is no contest -the Pro Trekker is the one I use. You see, trying to get away with one bag, especially if you have lots of stuff, will never work. Get the 140 for when you walk around town with what I describe while on vacation or doing other things. Choose the 140 for when you are in dress clothes and want to use your DSLR for some great low light event pictures. And get the 140 if you have an ILC camera, a couple of lenses, flash and what have you. For an ILC or larger compact with extras (think PowerShot G1X), the 140 should work well.

I hope this helps. I just wanted to counter all of the trashing of this bag by reviewers expecting something it is not and was never designed to do.
on March 31, 2010
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I use the bag for a Nikon D5000 with 55-200 and 18-55 lenses. All fit nicely along with spare batteries, filters and lens cleaner. With a flash unit or additional lenses get a larger size. Doesn't look like a stereotypical camera bag. I am very pleased.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 5, 2010
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I was looking for a small sub camera bag and chose this bag over Domke F-5XB and something else from thinktank.
This bag is not for you if you need a bag to carry more than your attached lens. I find it great to carry around when I want to take a short walk around the city or run off for a short day trip.
It fits just the amount I would need without becoming a big bulk. I usually pack a d50 or d300 with a wide angle zoom lens/hood attached, and a speedlight in the main compartment, and other filters, memory cards and batteries in the small pockets.
With a d50 inside it's not that tight, but with a d300 inside it is a little snug, but it's okay if you open up the expanding zipper.
I love the bag because it's small enough to carry anywhere all day without attracting much eyes and without adding much strain to your shoulder. Also the bag itself looks and feels great, and the material used and finish is also top-notch.
Overall I'd recommend it to anyone in the market for a small, low profile but great looking, tough bag.
on July 9, 2013
Color Name: SepiaVerified Purchase
Been a big fan of Lowepro, so I bought this hoping to use it with my S&F harness (as Lowepro advertised), I was extremely disappointed.

1- The bag is way too small for a 6D and a kit lens, I had to remove all the velcro dividers to barely fit my camera... not the safest setup, so I end up using it less and less.

2- Lowepro falsely advertised their S&F Harness system can attach to Classified and Magnum bag, so false, the bag hangs two low and too loose to be of any use. To be fair, this is a point I hold against Lowepro and how the harness/bag combo were advertised.

3- The shoulder strap felt a bit uncomfortable, at first, but I haven't tried it on a long run, it may get worse, or I may get used to it. I can't tell.

4- It has small pockets on the front, but they're too small to carry anything of use.

Maybe if you have a small DSLR, it maybe able to hold the camera, lens + flash, as the picture shows, but it's not the case for me.

I wanted to take it back, but I got it 50% off and the cost to ship it back would've diminished my returns, so I'm keeping it.
on July 17, 2011
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
its my everday bag to fit not just camera and lenses, but keys, wallet, smart phones, pocket tools, mens' care, man-igan.
on July 30, 2014
Color Name: SepiaVerified Purchase
I was looking for an everyday bag that would hold my iPad mini, Fuji X100s, pen, notepad, keys and multi-tool - a "murse" for my digital gear. This bag was really designed for a small DSLR with a longish lens. Something like my old Nikon D90 and 18-200mm lens, which would have been on everyday carry camera a few years back. The deep camera compartment doesn't work well for the smaller X100s that I carry around nowadays. Oddly, the flap only covers the shallow zippered pocket up front, not the main camera compartment. To access the main compartment, you need to go through the zipper at the top of the bag. A DSLR with attached lens would be right at the top of the bag and easy to grab. With my smaller camera, I have to dig deep into the bag to retrieve it.

Also, because it is heavily padded and has stiff dividers, the bag retains a boxy shape. It definitely looks like an equipment bag of some sort. I was really hoping for something a little less profile, so I may be checking out the smaller ThinkTank Retrospective bags. My wife bought me the Retrospective 30 a couple years ago, and while that's a nice, large bag, perfect for my D3s and 2.8 glass, it's a bit too large for an everyday carry bag.

Not sure if I'll keep this Lowepro or not. I'm always finding a need to stuff some piece of gear in some bag, so this may end up being used in a manner I had not originally intended.
on June 12, 2013
Color Name: SepiaVerified Purchase
I received it shortly after I submitted the order, very good solid bag and easy to use. and it turned to be the one I finally kept bag for my Nikon 7000.
on March 12, 2014
Color Name: SepiaVerified Purchase
I bought this to hold a Cannon 60D and some accessories. It is a well made bag but a bit small for my camera. Would be better for a smaller camera.
on April 23, 2014
Color Name: SepiaVerified Purchase
This bag is awesome... I don't use it to keep my camera in (camera is too large) but it's great four holding a couple extra lenses and a flash, and my tablet and other odds and ends... I liked it so much that I bought this one for my Dad and he loves it too. Smaller body cameras (d300 / d5000 / rebel etc) can fit fine in this bag with lenses attached so it's great! I also like the fact that the zipper opens in the back close to the body.
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I got this bag for my Canon 50D, but it was a bit too small. The camera with lens attached fit, but it was a chore to pull it out. The top flap did add additional protection, but also made it difficult to access the camera quickly. I sold it to a friend with a smaller camera, and it works much better for him. It's definitely made of quality material, as is all of Lowepro's camera bags.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations