Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lowepro Edit 130 Video Bag - Arctic Blue
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Color: Arctic Blue|Change
Price:$12.99 - $14.99

VINE VOICEon December 8, 2011
In construction, it is excellent and offers great protection. The burgundy color is a very nice deep color. I am extremely confident that it can protect my camera and everything in it. However, for current HD camcorders like the Sony HDR-CX160 (Black)/(Midnight Blue), it falls in-between being a great solution. I want it to either be super compact yet protective (like the Case Logic MSEC-4 or large enough to hold all the accessories. So it solves neither purpose and leaves it in the middle and being less space efficient. So it really depends on the camera size and how much you want to tote with you on your person. If only the camera and a few batteries and memory cards, this should work great except waste a little space. But if you want to tote everything, then no way unless you are just using a point and shoot camera. But don't get me wrong, if it is the right fit for you, then it is excellent. But I hold it to its claim as a "video bag", and rate it only OK as it is the middle of the road in size for me.

FEATURES
- 2 side pockets with flaps and Velcro for easy access.
- 1 zippered front pocket with some room plus 2 elastic netted pockets inside.
- 1 zippered netted section on the inside top lid.
- *Very* well padded walls.
- comfortable handle.
- acceptable strap made of nylon (that fits the relative cost of the bag).
- big flap over the zippered top that serves no functional purpose.
- padded felt covered divider with Velcro to move along the width between the narrow walls.

DIMENSIONS
By my measurements, the exterior is 9 5/8" wide (varies by side pockets and flaps), 5 1/4" tall, 5" thick without flap (but varies due to non-rigid shape) or 5 1/2" thick with flap (varies). The internal measurements are 7 1/2 to 5 5/8" wide, 2 3/8 to 2 5/8" thick (but flexible), and 3 1/2" tall.

CAMCORDER FIT
It does not fit my rather normal-sized Sony HDR-CX160 HD camcorder with all of its accessories, unless you take out the divider and cram all the stuff in on top of the camcorder and risk scratching it or less protection. However, if you are wiling to swap the big AC adapter & cables for the smaller Sony BCTRV Travel Charger, it actually is a pretty good fit. I am completely okay with not storing all the accessories, but the problem is that for daily carrying over your shoulder, it wastes space that if it is larger than it needs to be. I much prefer the smaller Case Logic MSEC-4 for daily toting of just the camera in a very compact way. But I am not willing to pile the AC adapter brick on top of my camera. What could have been better if there were more padded fabric dividers that could have gone length wise or covered the bottom. I would prefer to put the power cords and others in, put a padded layer down, then put the camera on top. Granted you could build your own divider. But there are so many nice compartments here to hold cards and batteries and some supplies. So you can definitely store some if you want to tote a bunch of batteries and memory cards. Or be willing to tote just some accessories. But my problem is that I much prefer the smaller MSEC-4 for daily walking around on vacation and this seems a bit too big. It might be fine for leaving in the car with a subset of accessories. But then if not toting, I might prefer it be a little larger and hold nearly all my accessories in a safe way.

So what I will do is use the MSEC-4 for the camera, then throw all the other accessories into this Edit 130 bag, so it really just becomes the accessory bag to leave in the car.

BUT SERIOUSLY - EXCELLENT CASE
Again, just check the dimensions and see if you either don't care about wasting unnecessary space for toting few items, or if your items are smaller and would be fine in these dimensions while keeping your important items safe and separated. It would really be great if only the right fit. I have to be honest about 3/5 star as Amazon's definition of "Its ok" because that is how it suits me as a video bag. But for others, it could easily be 5/5.
55 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2011
I used to own a Lowel Pro 110 bag that protected my camera on several trips. Then I purchased an external flash unit... there wasn't enough room in the 110. I happened upon the 130 bag at a camera store. It's just the right size for what I take on a trip. Yes, it looks like a camera bag. Yes, it's dark blue instead of black. Yes, it comes with a wimpy strap. SO.... I put on a better strap with a leather pad. Put in an additional divider from my old bag and everything fit perfectly. Really, for the price it's a very good bag, it protects my camera while on vacation and holds all the camera stuff I like to use. I posted a photo of my camera bag on this amazon page.
review image
on April 20, 2010
This was a birthday gift for my best friend - one she had requested herself, for a new Kodak camera. I was wondering why this size bag for a small digital camera? This bag holds her camera (enclosed in a smaller, fitted case) a table-top tripod, memory card case, pens, pencils and small notebook! Perfect size to hold all of the important items and she loves it!

Nice product, well-padded and I'm considering one for myself...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 24, 2014
ALL LOWEPRO EDIT SERIES GADGET BAGS--INTERIOR DIMENSIONS
> Edit 110 6 1/2" wide X 4 1/2"* tall X 3" deep, with 1 divider
> Edit 120 6 1/2" wide X 5 1/2"* tall X 3" deep, with 1 divider
> Edit 130 8" side X 4 1/2* tall X 3" deep, with 1 dividers (some shipped with 2 dividers)
> Edit 140 9 1/2" wide X 5"* tall X 4 1/2" deep, with 1 divider
* all with 1/2" thick bottom pad removed (which still leaves 1/2" of padding built-in).

ALL LOWEPRO EDIT SERIES GADGET BAGS--GENERAL
> Excellent quality and very compact
> My favorite feature is that I can wear the gadget bags it my belt, even when driving, so that my camera is always with me (with the case resting on my left thigh). Even so, it is a little front-heavy, so I also use the neckstrap---the combination of both works well. Without the belt loops, most gadget bags are constantly swinging and getting in the way.
> There is also a pocket in the flap, a front pocket, and 2 side pockets) which can hold short lens hoods, extra batteries, extension tubes, memory cards, etc--even small slave flash units, or pancake-design lenses.
> The top flap closure is an excellent design feature. You can use just the flap (with the zipper open)(held down by Velcro) for fast access--or you can close the zipper to completely close the bag against rain etc.
>> When I'm not actually wearing the case, I zip the flap closed. When I'm wearing the case, I leave the flap unzipped, and rely on the Velco closure for security. I keep my camera inside the bag when not in actual use (not bouncing around from a camera strap)---but it is still immediately available.

JUST THE LOWEPRO EDIT 130
> 1 or 2 movable partitions.
> There is also a pocket in the flap (about 8" x 4" for fairly flat items), a front pocket (about 8" x 3 1/2" X 1" deep), and 2 side pockets (about 3" x 3 1/2" x 1") which can hold short lens hoods, extra batteries, extension tubes, memory cards, etc--even small slave flash units, or pancake-design lenses.
> Depending on the sizes of your lenses, the 130 can hold a camera and up to 4 lens.
> In my case, I can stack my Lumix 20mm F1.7 (1.5" tall) and Lumix 14-42mm PZ (pancake zoom, 1.5" tall) in one partition, my Lumix 45-150mm zoom (3.5" tall) in one partition, and my Zuiko 60mm Macro (3.5" tall) in the third partition. The camera will fit vertically attached to either the 45-150mm zoom or the Zuiko Macro in the middle partition. Alternative the camera will fit sideways attached to either the Lumix 20mm F1.7 or the Lumix 14-42mm PZ, with the large lenses in separate partitions, and the remaining small lens stacked with either the 45-150mm zoom or the Zuiko Macro. Note however, this is a snug fit.

> Click on “Stoney” just below the product title to see my other reviews, or leave a comment to ask a question.
on December 15, 2011
I own the Canon SX10IS camera that has a 20x optical zoom on it so it's a sizeable camera, but not as large as the Nikon D50 SLR that I own. This bag is a nice fit for the camera, though I wish it had just a teensy bit more room so the manual could fit in there as well. That being said, it manages to somehow hold my Nikon L5 point and shoot in there instead. I like having the two cameras in there together since sometimes it is just easier to use my point and shoot depending on the situation. The bag is well constructed, has a small pocket in the front just underneath the the top that flaps over and velcros to the front for batteries and a lens cloth. I own several Lowepro bags and have never had any kind of problem. They are always well constructed, well padded and in this case even a little stylish.

This isn't something I was necessarily seeking at the time I purchased it - it was one of Amazon's "lightning deals" during Cyber Monday week and I got if for such a ridiculously low price that I figured if it didn't quite fit my needs I'd find an alternative use for it or give it as a gift. Now that I've actually gotten it and used it I would purchase this as a gift for someone at the regular Amazon price (though I always love a good bargain).
on November 30, 2011
The Lowepro Edit 130 is made of quality materials with good fit and finish throughout. It should stand up well for years to handling and the elements, providing good protection for your camera and a few accessories. Its red color is tastefully muted.

That said, the Edit 130 is suitable only for very compact point 'n' shoot or Flip-type mini video cameras. Interior dimensions (length, width, depth) in inches are: 7.5 x 2.5 x 3.5. The interior is of soft material and well enough padded to make the bag reasonably shock proof. A flexible, movable padded divider makes arranging and separating things easy. The shoulder strap attaches to plastic buckles. That might be a concern in a larger bag, but in this one you're not likely to carry enough weight to ever have a problem.

The bag has external side pockets big enough to hold a filter or two, or some parking change. A zippered front pocket with see-through vinyl panel can hold some batteries, memory cards or what have you. A fishnet-type zippered pocket on the underside of the top flap might be useful for cheat sheets, memory cards or other light, flat items. The back of the bag has a belt loop, but given the bag's length its usefulness seems doubtful.

In addition to carrying cameras and associated gear, this bag could be useful for an Ipod or other mp3 player, a charger and accessories.

At Amazon's price, the Edit 130 is a good value-for-money deal. The one cautionary note I will add is to carefully assess the Edit 130's size against your needs. If your camera and charger are small and you have only a few small things to go with it, this bag should serve you well.
on July 10, 2012
Yes, I know it's marketed as a video case, but I wanted a case for my compact camera and accessories, yet without being too big. At at under $10 for a brand name with good reviews I thought I'd take the risk to see if it worked!

The first thing I noticed is that this appears to be well made with a decent amount of padding. It is not so big to be cumbersome, yet has enough space to carry a decent array of accessories too, all protected, yet easily accessible.
Inside there is a moveable soft partition that sticks with velcro so you can create 2 separate sections according to your needs. There is also a netted and zippered pocket inside the top of the case, a front zippered pocket with 2 elasticated holders, which is covered over when the case is closed, and a side pocket on left and right, each with a velcro flap.

I can fit in the following items without straining it:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 10.1 MP Digital Camera with 3.8x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD - Black in it's carry case

* 2 x Opteka 52mm Lens Adapter for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Digital Camera (Black)

Opteka 2.2x High Definition² Telephoto Lens for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Digital Camera

RainbowImaging Mechanical Cable Release Adapter + 40cm Cable Release for Panasonic LX-5 LX-3 & Leica D-LUX 5 D-Lux4

Opteka 52mm High Definition² Professional 5 Piece Filter Kit includes UV, CPL, FL, ND4 and 10x Macro Lens

Progo Li-Ion Rechargeable Digital Camera Battery for Panasonic DMW-BCJ13, DMW-BCJ13E, DMW-BCJ13PP, Lumix DMC-LX5 Digital Camera. Fully Compatible.

* Panasonic AC Battery Charger

* Table-top mini tripod

* Several spare memory cards

Overall, a great functional case at a price that cannot be beaten (unless you want the red one!)
This is a great camcorder case for those who don't want to carry all their gear when out for the day with their video camera. The interior dimensions are approximately 8"x 3.25" x 3.25". This measurement will permit the zipper to easily close and will not compress the padding.

I am using the case for my Sony FDR AX33, but it also works with my Sony PJ340 and my Canon Vixia HF R400, all with the largest available battery attached.

Inside the top is a zippered mesh comparment approximately 8" x 3.25" for small things like SD cards, cleaning rag, etc.

On the front of the case is a zipped compartment about 8" x 3.5 x 0.8" where you could even put you phone. In that compartment are 2 small pockets, each large enough to take an SD card in a case. On both ends are a small pocket with velcro closer where you can carry a spare battery. I have a 2 1/8" x 1.75" x 1.25" battery fitting comfortably in one.

This is a well-made case. Good material, well padded, good sewing, good zippers and a good design. included with the case are one divider and a strap. There is also a loop on the back if want to carry it on your belt

This is an excellent walk-around case. There is no room for a charger unless you put it in with camera, but why walk around with the extra weight. Start off with a battery on the camera and one or two in the end-pockets and you should be set for all day, no matter how much shooting you do.
#1 HALL OF FAMEVINE VOICEon December 3, 2011
The Lowepro Edit 130 Video Bag is a very well-thought-out camera bag. It has a functional design that is a good value for all that it includes. It is a good size for a compact camcorder or Micro 4/3 camera. It will not accommodate a full sized DSLR. As long as you are using this bag for the right sized equipment, there is plenty of space for your camera and accessories.

PROS
++ Good size for fitting extras along with your compact camcorder
++ Durable fabric stands up well to weather
++ Front flap fastens with Velcro for added security
++ See through mesh pocket lets you see accessories without opening it
++ Nice storage for memory cards and other small accessories
++ Velcro side pockets are convenient for quick-grab accessories
++ Zippered front pocket has see-through window
++ Wrap-around zipper top allows easy access to entire main compartment
++ Plush padded internal storage compartment protects your devices
++ Removable Velcro divider allows you to store lenses or other extras with your compact camcorder
++ Sewn-in belt loop allows easy tethering to your backpack or utility belt
++ Corner loops can allow hooking on extras with carabiners
++ Soft handle allows for easy carrying
++ Rectangular shape allows the bag to stand on its own
++ Great value given all the features
++ Includes the Lowepro limited lifetime warrantee

CONS
-- Announces "I have a camera in this bag"
-- Weak (optional) shoulder strap and plastic loops are insufficient for heavier equipment

CONCLUSION

There are a few things that would make this bag better. But given the great value, none of them really diminish what a great bag this is. This bag has so many design features, it's clear that a lot of time and effort went into it. It is equally useful for equipment storage as well as on-the-go use. By definition, this kind of bag announces that you are carrying around a camera or camcorder. But it does what it's designed to do, and it is the perfect size for your compact camcorder and accessories. I recommend it.

Enjoy.
on November 29, 2011
I purchased this bag for a friend who wanted to carry an HD flash camcorder (Samsung HMX-H200) and a point-and-shoot still camera (Panasonic DMC-FH25K) on daily walks. This bag works well for that purpose, and carries these two items with room to spare.

The bag has enough room for a flash camcorder and a high zoom digital camera. In addition to the main compartment, there is a zippered compartment on the inside of the lid, two small side pockets, and a front zip pocket. There is enough space to carry spare batteries, filters, a few assorted USB and video cables, a cell phone, a wallet, and a few flash cards.

Both the Samsung and the Panasonic mentioned have small AC power adapters. The Samsung uses a mini "wall wart" and the Panasonic charger is about as big as the camera itself. These would both fit as well.

I was impressed with the bag's quality of construction. This is definitely a step up from the Zeikos soft bags. The interior compartment is well padded. The exterior material is thick and dense. The straps look durable and well attached. The belt loop on the back is a nice touch.

If you are looking for a bag to hold a DSLR or an 8mm/Hi8 tape camcorder, definitely look elsewhere: this bag is too small. It also might be too small for a compact system camera with a lens attached. But if what you want is a small, durable, well padded bag for a day trip, this might be just the ticket.

Five stars because this is a high quality bag with well thought out construction for not too much money.