5.0 out of 5 stars At this price you can't go wrong
Published on February 21, 2011

Customer Video Review     Length:: 9:16 Mins
Published on December 8, 2011 by Tiger

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality & Protection, Looks Great, But Too In-Between, December 8, 2011
Length:: 9:16 Mins

In construction, it is excellent and offers great protection. The burgundy color is a very nice deep color. I am extremely confident that it can protect my camera and everything in it. However, for current HD camcorders like the Sony HDR-CX160 (Black)/(Midnight Blue), it falls in-between being a great solution. I want it to either be super compact yet protective (like the Case Logic MSEC-4 or large enough to hold all the accessories. So it solves neither purpose and leaves it in the middle and being less space efficient. So it really depends on the camera size and how much you want to tote with you on your person. If only the camera and a few batteries and memory cards, this should work great except waste a little space. But if you want to tote everything, then no way unless you are just using a point and shoot camera. But don't get me wrong, if it is the right fit for you, then it is excellent. But I hold it to its claim as a "video bag", and rate it only OK as it is the middle of the road in size for me.

FEATURES
- 2 side pockets with flaps and Velcro for easy access.
- 1 zippered front pocket with some room plus 2 elastic netted pockets inside.
- 1 zippered netted section on the inside top lid.
- *Very* well padded walls.
- comfortable handle.
- acceptable strap made of nylon (that fits the relative cost of the bag).
- big flap over the zippered top that serves no functional purpose.
- padded felt covered divider with Velcro to move along the width between the narrow walls.

DIMENSIONS
By my measurements, the exterior is 9 5/8" wide (varies by side pockets and flaps), 5 1/4" tall, 5" thick without flap (but varies due to non-rigid shape) or 5 1/2" thick with flap (varies). The internal measurements are 7 1/2 to 5 5/8" wide, 2 3/8 to 2 5/8" thick (but flexible), and 3 1/2" tall.

CAMCORDER FIT
It does not fit my rather normal-sized Sony HDR-CX160 HD camcorder with all of its accessories, unless you take out the divider and cram all the stuff in on top of the camcorder and risk scratching it or less protection. However, if you are wiling to swap the big AC adapter & cables for the smaller Sony BCTRV Travel Charger, it actually is a pretty good fit. I am completely okay with not storing all the accessories, but the problem is that for daily carrying over your shoulder, it wastes space that if it is larger than it needs to be. I much prefer the smaller Case Logic MSEC-4 for daily toting of just the camera in a very compact way. But I am not willing to pile the AC adapter brick on top of my camera. What could have been better if there were more padded fabric dividers that could have gone length wise or covered the bottom. I would prefer to put the power cords and others in, put a padded layer down, then put the camera on top. Granted you could build your own divider. But there are so many nice compartments here to hold cards and batteries and some supplies. So you can definitely store some if you want to tote a bunch of batteries and memory cards. Or be willing to tote just some accessories. But my problem is that I much prefer the smaller MSEC-4 for daily walking around on vacation and this seems a bit too big. It might be fine for leaving in the car with a subset of accessories. But then if not toting, I might prefer it be a little larger and hold nearly all my accessories in a safe way.

So what I will do is use the MSEC-4 for the camera, then throw all the other accessories into this Edit 130 bag, so it really just becomes the accessory bag to leave in the car.

BUT SERIOUSLY - EXCELLENT CASE
Again, just check the dimensions and see if you either don't care about wasting unnecessary space for toting few items, or if your items are smaller and would be fine in these dimensions while keeping your important items safe and separated. It would really be great if only the right fit. I have to be honest about 3/5 star as Amazon's definition of "Its ok" because that is how it suits me as a video bag. But for others, it could easily be 5/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars At this price you can't go wrong, February 21, 2011
I used to own a Lowel Pro 110 bag that protected my camera on several trips. Then I purchased an external flash unit... there wasn't enough room in the 110. I happened upon the 130 bag at a camera store. It's just the right size for what I take on a trip. Yes, it looks like a camera bag. Yes, it's dark blue instead of black. Yes, it comes with a wimpy strap. SO.... I put on a better strap with a leather pad. Put in an additional divider from my old bag and everything fit perfectly. Really, for the price it's a very good bag, it protects my camera while on vacation and holds all the camera stuff I like to use. I posted a photo of my camera bag on this amazon page.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift!, April 20, 2010
This was a birthday gift for my best friend - one she had requested herself, for a new Kodak camera. I was wondering why this size bag for a small digital camera? This bag holds her camera (enclosed in a smaller, fitted case) a table-top tripod, memory card case, pens, pencils and small notebook! Perfect size to hold all of the important items and she loves it!

Nice product, well-padded and I'm considering one for myself...

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag for DSLR-like cameras, December 15, 2011
This review is from: Lowepro Edit 130 Video Bag - Bordeaux Red (Camera)
I own the Canon SX10IS camera that has a 20x optical zoom on it so it's a sizeable camera, but not as large as the Nikon D50 SLR that I own. This bag is a nice fit for the camera, though I wish it had just a teensy bit more room so the manual could fit in there as well. That being said, it manages to somehow hold my Nikon L5 point and shoot in there instead. I like having the two cameras in there together since sometimes it is just easier to use my point and shoot depending on the situation. The bag is well constructed, has a small pocket in the front just underneath the the top that flaps over and velcros to the front for batteries and a lens cloth. I own several Lowepro bags and have never had any kind of problem. They are always well constructed, well padded and in this case even a little stylish.

This isn't something I was necessarily seeking at the time I purchased it - it was one of Amazon's "lightning deals" during Cyber Monday week and I got if for such a ridiculously low price that I figured if it didn't quite fit my needs I'd find an alternative use for it or give it as a gift. Now that I've actually gotten it and used it I would purchase this as a gift for someone at the regular Amazon price (though I always love a good bargain).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very compact and nicely made, November 30, 2011
SWA (Washington state) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro Edit 130 Video Bag - Bordeaux Red (Camera)
The Lowepro Edit 130 is made of quality materials with good fit and finish throughout. It should stand up well for years to handling and the elements, providing good protection for your camera and a few accessories. Its red color is tastefully muted.

That said, the Edit 130 is suitable only for very compact point 'n' shoot or Flip-type mini video cameras. Interior dimensions (length, width, depth) in inches are: 7.5 x 2.5 x 3.5. The interior is of soft material and well enough padded to make the bag reasonably shock proof. A flexible, movable padded divider makes arranging and separating things easy. The shoulder strap attaches to plastic buckles. That might be a concern in a larger bag, but in this one you're not likely to carry enough weight to ever have a problem.

The bag has external side pockets big enough to hold a filter or two, or some parking change. A zippered front pocket with see-through vinyl panel can hold some batteries, memory cards or what have you. A fishnet-type zippered pocket on the underside of the top flap might be useful for cheat sheets, memory cards or other light, flat items. The back of the bag has a belt loop, but given the bag's length its usefulness seems doubtful.

In addition to carrying cameras and associated gear, this bag could be useful for an Ipod or other mp3 player, a charger and accessories.

At Amazon's price, the Edit 130 is a good value-for-money deal. The one cautionary note I will add is to carefully assess the Edit 130's size against your needs. If your camera and charger are small and you have only a few small things to go with it, this bag should serve you well.

4.0 out of 5 stars it is spacious but awkward, January 17, 2011
I bought this for my panasonic HDC TM-60 and it fits nicely, but if I want to put the cords inside, the camera is at an angle and the divider has to be placed funny. Other than that it is very secure and still fits on my belt even though it is a bigger bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars great bag Greater Price, March 4, 2010
Bought this from Amazon and AvidMax for 18.99(free shipping) which is below value for my daughter for Christmas. Then found it at same site for 14.99 (free shipping)for myself and got mine. Just gotta get my camcorder now.
Lowepro are great bags. My third purchase of Lowepro

4.0 out of 5 stars soft and attractive bag, April 6, 2009
This review is from: Lowepro Edit 130 Video Bag - Bordeaux Red (Camera)
It's just like the picture shows,very good for my camcorder CANON HF11 and additional space for my mini camera.good disign

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bag, August 23, 2011
This review is from: Lowepro Edit 130 Video Bag - Bordeaux Red (Camera)
I purchased this bag for our Panasonic HDC-SD800 camera (which is also awesome), and this is the little bag that could. I really like the adjustable divider in the main compartment, which allows anyone to fit the compartment to their exact camera, whether long or short. There are several pockets for cables, chargers, extra memory, etc., and it is comfortable to carry around. Plus, I like the color.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect little bag, January 9, 2011
i bought this for the Panasonic HDC-SD60K Camcorder. keep in mind that this is a small camcorder but it fit perfectly in the bag. all the accessories that came with the camera also fit. along with a small tripod. and there's still room for a little more! it looks just like the images and seems sturdy and well made.
wait for a good price and grab this great little bag!!

Lowepro Edit 130 Video Bag - Bordeaux Red