5.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I get this sooner
I purchased this product for my Nikon D300. I have several lenses and other equipment in my photographic arsenal. These include:
* D300 Body
* Speedlight Flash
* Remote cable
* Extra battery and memory card
Published on April 29, 2009 by Arizona Shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, but...
I was looking for a little bit larger bag than my sling pack and this was the best I could come up with at that particular time. Being in a time crunch, I had to shop at a local retailer and couldn't do a lot of online research and wait for an order to arrive. I must admit, this bag holds everything I need it to but it has some particularly annoying features that I...
Published on March 3, 2010 by R. Helmig

* 35-70mm
* Speedlight Flash
* Remote cable
* Extra battery and memory card
All fit nicely within the main compartment. I chose this model because I like the added security of the opening being next to the body and not where some passerby can easily get to the contents. In addition I do a lot of nature photography and having the ability to get to my camera equipment by just spinning it around and without having to lay it on the ground is also an added plus. I have seen other photographers needing to remove their camera pack, place it on the ground to get into their pack. While this may not seem like a big deal, when you are shooting desert photography, laying your pack down and getting cactus needles embedded against their back makes for an uncomfortable rest of the day.
I really love my Lowepro Flipside 300 pack and recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found the perfect backpack for hiking with my gear., November 13, 2010
This review is from: Lowepro Flipside Backpack 300 Arctic Blue/Black (Camera)
I was using the lowepro slingshot 200 before I bought the Flipside 300 and had trouble with the shoulder strap falling off my shoulder when I was hiking. This became quite annoying and frankly the slingshot was very uncomfortable on hikes. I want a pack that is lightweight, small and comfortable but will carry the essential photo gear when I hike. The Flipside rocks. The breast and waist straps keep the weight on the waist and not the shoulders. I love the tripod carrying option as well. It holds my Canon EOS7d with 70-300mm lens attached, 2 wide angle telephoto lenses, a 100mm macro lens and speedlight flash. The removable inside pocket holds an extra battery, charger, 3 polarizing filters, extra batteries for flash and a close up filter. There is also a water bottle pouch and a small zippered section for compact flash cards and a few personal items. Not a lot of room for non photo gear, but I cannot carry a lot of weight on my back, and I manage to tuck small bags of tail mix and dried fruit in the pack. I only want the essentials. This is not a backpackers pack it is a day pack and works beautifully for that purpose. The pack weighs about 20-25 lbs with all my gear in it, including the tripod. That's enough weight for me to carry. There is also the option to wear the camera around my neck and this opens some space for a light jacket or sweater inside the pack. Another nice feature is that is does not look like a photo gear pack and so does not attract attention in that regard. Also it opens from the inside so no one can pilfer without you knowing about it. I have used this pack on many hikes and find it suits all my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, August 4, 2008
This review is from: Lowepro Flipside Backpack 300 Arctic Blue/Black (Camera)
I purchased this backpack for a trip to south america and the security of having it only open from the back is a big plus. The pack is rigid and well padded and I do not worry about my gear inside getting damaged. The pack feels as if was built to last with durable materials and solid stitching. I use this pack for day hikes and such and find that it holds all of my necessary equipment (XTi camera body, 2-3 lenses, a few filters, tripod, memory cards and various other accessories), while not be overly large and cumbersome to carry around all day. I would recommend this product to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great bag, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Lowepro Flipside Backpack 300 Arctic Blue/Black (Camera)
Here goes my first review.

I bought this bag within the last year as I started to collect more lenses and wanted a safe way to carry and store them. I did a lot of reading on a lot of bags and, based on what I wanted, finally settled on this one.

What I was looking for in a bag:
- backpack style
- medium size with room to grow
- camera/lens accessibility
- customizable layout
- protection

Obviously, this bag meets my criteria for what I was looking for. I was indifferent as to how the bag was opened just as long as my camera was relatively easily accessable. Although the back entry seems to be a nice security feature, it's more useful purpose allows the bag to be opened without taking it completely off. By clipping the wasit strap, you can swing the bag around to your front side and let it hang off your waist, leaving both hands free to change lenses, etc. While this isn't the most comfortable position for long periods of time, it is a nice feature to have in situations where you don't necessarily want to put your bag on the ground; i.e. wet or sandy conditions. The layout is very customizable to a certain degree. It's somewhat fixed in the most logical general layout in the sense that certain things can only fit in certain places, but everything inside is removable. They have several sizes of this bag and this one seemed to be able to hold everything I needed it to without being bulky or compromising. The protection is very good with more than adequate padding on all sides and in the dividers. The back panel is also very heavily padded and almost pillow-like when on your back.

Pros (to me):
- chest and waist straps
- great padding/equipment protection
- small external storage for memory cards, keys, phone, etc.
- large pocket inside for misc things, filters, flash trigger, remotes, etc.
- additional interior pocket for cleaning kit, filters, etc. (no odd shaped things as you will feel them while wearing the bag here)
- strechy external pocket convenient for granola bars, 32 oz powerade/nalgene, etc.
- adequate space inside
- top handle is very useful
- well constructed and looks nice overall

But as nice as this bag is, it does have several misses. The shoulder straps are under-padded. I may have the bag over packed but I do find my shoulders to be sore after wearing it for extended amounts of time. The tripod holder is also poorly designed. I do like the inconspicuousness of it when it is not in use, but when you have a tripod attached as designed, you can't put the bag down on the bottom without either the tripod falling out or the bag falling over because the "leg pocket" hangs down lower than the bottom of the bag. This is not a huge deal to me because if I carry anything it's usually just my monopod, which I can deal with just by carrying it, but it is an issue worth mentioning. The chest straps really help in the comfort of this pack, but they don't seem to stay on well. Since they slide on to a piece of piping sewn to the shoulder straps from the bottom, they tend to fall off if adjusted too low or get caught on something as you lift the bag off the ground. I have since lost, and miss, half of the chest strap. I did see a one-star review complaining that the inside was hard to access due to the back panel not opening all the way, and there is some truth to that. Access to the lower part of the bag is not unbearable, just a little less convinent.

Cons (to me):
- shoulder straps seem under-padded (easy remedy is add some cheap laptop bag shoulder pads or something)
- chest straps fall off
- tripod mount is functional while on your back, but useless any other time
- no rain cover

All things considered, this is a great bag that holds everything I need it to. I don't think I could have found a bag that would of met my needs better than this one does and although it's a premium price, the quality, construction, and protection is on par with the cost in my opinion. I have taken it on planes, to the beach, on short (under 3 mile) hikes, and everywhere in between and I don't regret it at all.

I'm also including a list of what I carry so you can see how much this bag actually fits:
- Canon 7D body
- Canon f2.8 70-200mm is ii with hood
- Canon f2.8 16-35mm ii
- Canon f2.8 60mm macro with hood
- Canon f1.8 50mm "nifty fifty"
- Canon f1.2 50mm
- other misc stuff

Hope this helped!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bag for 70-200 lens, November 5, 2009
This review is from: Lowepro Flipside Backpack 300 Arctic Blue/Black (Camera)
Pros:

Takes a Nikond300 with 70-200 lens comfortably. I can fit in a 1.7xTC and it can still squeeze in. Space for extra lenses. Just about right size for hiking. More comfortable than a sling bag.

Easy to change lens in the field.

Secure design with zips safely against the back when in use.

Cons:

No rain cover.

Useful addition for the next edition:

Pouch for a netbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Backpack!, October 9, 2009
This review is from: Lowepro Flipside Backpack 300 Arctic Blue/Black (Camera)
I bought this backpack from Amazon almost a year ago. I've since used it many times, and have nothing but praise for both it's design and ease of use. I can fit my digital SLR, three lenses, my small digital camcorder, and there's even room for my wallet and cell phone! It's very roomy! Of course, the more you carry the heavier the bag gets...but still it is so well designed that it feels like you are hardly carrying anything at all. And the best feature (in my opinion) - it only opens from the back, so you don't have to be worried about anyone unzipping and stealing any of your expensive camera equipment :) I can't recommend this backpack enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flipside 300, April 5, 2011
This review is from: Lowepro Flipside Backpack 300 Arctic Blue/Black (Camera)
After reading many reviews was having difficulty deciding whether the 200 or the 300 model would be best for my needs (Nikon SLR, 18-70mm, 70-300mm, filters, etc.). In the end, saw that the 300 was about 1" longer and wider than the 200 and decided the additional flexibility offered with the 300 was worth carrying around something slightly larger. Bag is very solidly constructed and it is easy to access my equipment with the smooth operating zippers (some reviewers said they had some difficulty with the zippers). I have not yet swung the bag from rear to front as it's designed to do as I prefer to put the bag down as long as I'm not in a crowd. Very comfortable to carry around for long periods with the 2 shoulder straps or for shorter periods using just one. Very satisfied with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing bag!, November 7, 2010
D. Diaz (West Hartford, CT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro Flipside Backpack 300 Arctic Blue/Black (Camera)
I've owned the Lowepro Flipside backpack for 2 and a half years and I just love it. I'm a hobbyist who mainly enjoy photography during his vacation time overseas. Its durability has been great so far (I've taken it to very diverse trips like the Jungle-Amazon, Europe, Colombian-Desert, etc). I typically carry a Nikon D40 with 3 lenses on it (one of them a 70-300 telephoto), several batteries, external flash, filters, camera-manual, battery-charger and a tripod. I now highly depend on its design (I feel very safe with it not being open-able from behind) and I've found its ability to open by turning it around my body very useful (it is like a little table-top you can use anywhere... very helpful in the jungle or any other place where you don't have any location to put your equipment temporarily while changing lenses or filters, etc).Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size, February 12, 2014
This review is from: Lowepro Flipside Backpack 300 Arctic Blue/Black (Camera)
Perfect fit for point and shoot and full sized digital, large zoom, extra lense, small extras. I concidered the flipside 400 and felt it was just too big and potentially heavy for long hikes. So for the female photographers out there this seems perfect. Failed to mention that the tripod fits as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Lowepro Flipside Backpack 300 Arctic Blue/Black (Camera)
Very functional and fits multiple lenses and camera accessories all in one spot. Great for adventuring outdoors. Best part is you never have to worry about items getting stolen. The main compartment's zipper is in the back (against you back) when wearing it so not is everything safe from others but nothing will accidentally fall out without you knowing which may not be good when you are trekking through the wilderness. Very study, comfortable, and protective bag for all your camera needs!

Rate and Discover Movies