5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money. A good fail-safe device.
Published 5 months ago by Hanbit Kwon

This is not made by the famous and trusted brand LOWEPRO, it come in a clear plastic pocket with "JOBY" printed on it. What and Who is JOBY? I bought this because I trust the quality of Lowepro, I have never heard of or used any JOBY product before. I will not place the order if I knew it was JOBY made in the first place.
Published 25 days ago by lawrence cheung

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not made by Lowepro, feel a bit cheated. Will not pay for it if I knew it was not LOWEPRO product., December 1, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money. A good fail-safe device., July 10, 2014
This review is from: Lowepro JB01307-PWW Camera Tether (Charcoal) (Electronics)
I bought this even though it was one of those things that wasn't really necessary. I've attached this as a fail-safe/backup to my camera just in case. I was glad I did because I got careless and forgot that my camera was not hooked to the camera strap while I was fumbling with a damn tripod. The camera tether caught my camera. It seems like an unnecessary and expensive for a simple looking thing but I feel better having this on my camera. The cord and the enclosure looks and feels solid and could stand some abuse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, June 4, 2014
This review is from: Lowepro JB01307-PWW Camera Tether (Charcoal) (Electronics)
I'm sure you could make your own for cheaper but the quality of this is good and buying parts to make the same thing seemed liek a lot of hassle after reading very inconsistent reviews for the clip part. this works great and gives me piece of mind when i use my Joby ultrafit sling strap. this was actually also joby branded not Lowepro as advertised, not sure if that makes a difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowepro / Joby Camera Tether, June 19, 2014
F. Ramirez (Chula Vista, CA. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro JB01307-PWW Camera Tether (Charcoal) (Electronics)
Received it today Thursday June 19, 2014. I could make my own for cheaper I would say for about $2 to about $5 but I just don't have the time to make a trip to the local hardware store. Also keep in mind that now days things in general are not as cheap as they once were and on top of that I am not sure if I could exactly find the same parts to duplicate.

I paired it with my Joby Ultrafit Sling Strap. As the other reviewers may have mentioned this was actually also Joby brand "Not" Lowepro as advertised. In any case it was only $7.95 + shipping and handling it came out to about $14.95. I rather spend the $14.95 and have it as a safety-net just in case the worst case scenario ever happens.

$14.95 including shipping vs the replacement of a $200 to $1500 or more for a lens and or other attachments that could possibly become damage. The choice is obvious. I rather have it attached to my camera as a precaution and not need it, than to need it, and not have it on my Nikon D-610 with the Nikon MB-D14 Battery Power Pack / Grip, Nikon 85mm 1.8G lens, Nikon SB-800 Flash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Think of this as insurance for the hundreds or thousands you invested in your camera equipment, October 24, 2014
This review is from: Lowepro JB01307-PWW Camera Tether (Charcoal) (Electronics)
I use this along with my Fotasy Quick Strap. It's not mandatory, but to me it's like having a 2nd parachute. As far as I can tell, the Fotasy is solid and reliable. But having this attached provides an extra psychological crutch if I'm wearing my camera all day and walking through hordes of people or over rough landscape.

Notable features:
► Strong materials. The rope is thin yet made of a strong material. The carbiner can hold many times the weight of a camera -– good if you ever have to make a fast move.
► The carabiner takes time to put on and review because is small threaded. While you can few this as a negative, it's a positive making theft just a little more difficult.
► Unobtrusive. It does the job without attracting attention.

A good piece of insurance to get for the investment you make in your equipment

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves the Day, September 2, 2014
This review is from: Lowepro JB01307-PWW Camera Tether (Charcoal) (Electronics)
Don't buy the Joby Ultra Fit Sling Strap or any camera strap without buying this too. There have been a dozen times that it kept my camera from hitting the ground. When the attachment on the sling comes undone, this little tether keeps it safely from falling off. I have enjoyed taking my camera all over the world since I bought the sling and tether. It has really improved my shooting experience 1. because I have the camera easily accessible to me at all times, 2. because it doesn't pull on my neck and shoulders. I am 5'3" so the Sling for Women is perfect for me.
I highly recommend this combination to photography enthusiasts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Safety Net!, December 26, 2014
This review is from: Lowepro JB01307-PWW Camera Tether (Charcoal) (Electronics)
Provides a nice "safety net" for the camera and lens in the event of a clasp failure! Very well made. High quality build. I did however dock it one star for the screw buckle clasp. Its a pain and much too big. Will be removing that and replacing it with a locking carabiner. I am using this with a CustomSLR Glide One system. I have multiple C-Loop and buckle setups, so that I can quickly change between body mount and lens mount attachments, so the screw mount buckle eats into the speed of changing lenses. All in all a good product though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ugly looking Solid strap, August 26, 2014
This review is from: Lowepro JB01307-PWW Camera Tether (Charcoal) (Electronics)
I recently purchased this tether strap and i really like it. though it looks ugly(to me atleast) it serves the purpose effectively by protecting my gear as backup. I even tested it attaching to my 5DmkII+battergrip+70-200 2.8L and holding for few minutes, this looks solid. You may feel it is overpriced for the purpose it do, but putting extra dollar will save your gear from repairs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for extra peace of mind, November 1, 2014
J. Davis (Columbus, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro JB01307-PWW Camera Tether (Charcoal) (Electronics)
I purchased this tether as extra security for my Canon Sx50 and Fotasy shoulder strap. As previously stated, I could have made this myself using any number of items from a hardware store. I'm not a fan of the plain carabiner, therefore I swapped it for an anodized locking d-ring.
All being stated, it's a small price to pay to protect my camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what it is, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Lowepro JB01307-PWW Camera Tether (Charcoal) (Electronics)
Ok. This is really extensive for what it is. I guess you could build the same exact thing from parts at the hardware store for around 2 dollars. We got ours from Amazon for around $8. With that being said its well worth the security you get when you combine this with a sling strap.

We use this with the fotasy strap on a Nikon D610. You can read my review for the Fotasy strap which I find to be a great value. This should really be included and gives you a bunch of added security, knowing that if your Strap breaks you at least have this rope to save your camera.

I would recommend buying if you cannot afford the time to build one yourself.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Lowepro JB01307-PWW Camera Tether (Charcoal)
$7.95 $7.49