5.0 out of 5 stars A truely surprising bag.
Published 24 months ago by J. Almodovar

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Looked great. I packed up my equipment and immediately learned that the bag is not made to comfortably sit against body. It's an awkward large box. The strap is nice and thick, but if you're a female with any sort of chest, it will be awkward and uncomfortable. No ergonomics.
Published 5 months ago by Erin N. Murphy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A truely surprising bag., September 24, 2012
This review is from: Lowepro LP36416 Event Messenger 250 Large Shoulder Camera Bag with 13-Inch Laptop Compartment (Camera)
I absolutely hate shoulder bags and upon receiving this bag I thought my experience would be the same (I am a heavy set guy so these bags are normally uncomfortable to wear). Before packing the bag, I thought I'd put the bag on to see how comfortable it was, and I must say I was shocked that not only was it comfortable, but it was practically weightless. I am also surprised to see how many things actually fit into this bag and still remain entirely comfortable. I've been able to fit either one of my tablets (iPad and Kindle Fire), my notebook, my Canon EOS 60D with grip and EF 24-105 f/4 L IS USM with hood on, Canon Speedlite 580EX ii, Rode Video mic, etc. Even fully packed it remained lightweight and comfortable. This makes an excellent every day bag for the photographer.

Pros:
-Lightweight
-Comfortable for people of all sizes
-Very Spacious
-One of the few shoulder bags that allow for battery grip to remain on camera

Cons:
-The Velcro straps are extremely noisy and not useable if the bag is packed tightly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bag, July 22, 2012
I was skeptical about the shoulder bag style for carrying heavy equipment, but this bag really feels great fully-loaded. I spent a lot of time looking for that perfect bag that would fit everything for every occasion, and finally realized it does not exist. This bag allows you to carry a lot of gear and have easy access to it. I can carry my D800, 70-200, 24-70 a flash and a wide angle lens in this bag, along with cards and other small accessories. It is most comfortable to wear on the shoulder and hang straight down. If you need added security, are riding a bike or climbing, use it across the body on the other shoulder, but this is less comfortable. I have the Lowepro flipside 500 AW backpack for long hikes with tripod and that is a great, but huge, bag for taking everything on long hikes where you would want to have everything with you. I also have a great lowepro sling bag, but it does not allow you the easy access to change lenses like this bag does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Might just be the Perfect Camera Bag, March 4, 2013
First and formost, LowePro makes GREAT camera bags.

I have owned several LowePro's and other bags since beginning photography and the Event Messanger 250 is without question the best I have ever owned. One thing you need to know about LowePro is that their bags are reliable and solid, even the inexpensive ones like the Adventure series. They are just well thought out/ simple bags and while you might think you don't need some of the features when ordering, they start making a heck of a lot of sense when actually using them.

The LowePro Event Messenger 250

PROS:

1) Amazing amount of space!

I can fit:

-Canon t3i w/ battery grip
-100mm Macro Lens
-18-135 STM LENS
-40mm Pancake Lens
-430ex II Flash
-MacBook Pro w/ Retina (13 inch)
-iPad (3rd Generation)
-Multiple accessories including: Portable Softbox, Lens Pens, Cleaning Supplies, Camera Charger, Battery Charger (for Flash), etc., etc., etc.

2) The bag is comfortable!

- After packing all that camera gear I thought I would be bogged down by the weight but the bag worked perfectly! The Strap cushion just feels like it is "stuck" to my shoulder and is just easy and comfortable to walk around with.

3) It is Built Well

-All the stitching is tough, even the elastic on the side pockets hold up really well, the zippers are top notch, it is SOLID!
-The inside configuration is wel easily configurable :)
-There is plenty of padding
-Even the front pocket for accessories is well planned. It is by no means large but it offers more space to hold Filters, cleaning supplies, wireless remotes, etc. (My one gripe with other Lowepro bags is the accessories pockets are just way too shallow, the Event Messenger 250 is just about perfect).

4) The reversible Velcro Liners are BRILLIANT!

- At first I thought this was an unnecessary addition to the bag but when I wanted to take pics at a local Cathedral I soon realized why LowePro thought of this! The Velcro is LOUD!!! It holds extremely tight which is great but trying to undo the bag in a quiet setting is a bit embarrassing.

Cons:

None (HONESTLY)

I guess if I had to complain about 1 thing it would be the foam inserts in the bag. They are kind of a pain to get in place but once they are there, they stay!

I am sure some people will find a problem here and there with this bag but all in all it is as close to perfect for My Needs as a camera/ laptop bag can get!

CONCLUSION:

-This bag is amazing, it is built well, looks nice, extremely comfortable, and well thought out. $70 for a messenger bag may seem expensive but it's a STEAL! If you are thinking about buying a smaller/ cheaper bag then save your money and get this instead. You will save money in the long run and be happier with the purchase.

It really is that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, September 18, 2012
Book Carpenter (Catskill Mountains, NY) - See all my reviews
Is there such a thing as the perfect camera bag? Apparently not, because you can do a search and find over one hundred variations. I was going on a trip, and I wanted something that would hold enough, yet be easy to get into. This bag was perfect for that. There was a smaller model available, but I thought that carrying less was not my goal.

I prefer to have the strap run across my chest because it's more secure that way. You can have the lid close with Velcro for easy opening and closing, or you can use the plastic clasp for more secure, permanent closing.

There are dividers inside that you can move to accommodate whatever you are carrying. The front zips open to reveal a generous amount of storage with some little pockets, too.

Overall, this is a perfect bag for carrying lenses or other items that you want to get at quickly and easily. The quality is excellent, as with all Lowepro prodcuts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for travel photography!, April 2, 2014
Length:: 9:58 Mins

See my video review here for a closer look!

I have been looking for a good DSLR camera bag to use while traveling. Something that will hold my basic photography equipment plus some books and a tablet. The Lowepro Event Messenger 250 fits all these requirements and more!

For me, the biggest advantage of this bag is that it is not flashy and does not look like a camera bag. Other camera bags have a huge Canon or Nikon logo in the outside. This screams "steak me!" to potential robbers robbers while traveling. On the other hand, the Lowepro looks like a nice messenger bag that you can safely use on your trips.

Another big advantage is that it easily fits a 13-inch laptop. However, when you have a laptop in the bag, you will have less space for your camera gear. Everything will still fit, but it will be much tighter and bulky.

Finally, this is a very comfortable bag to wear. Unlike with backpacks, it is easy to take equipment in an out of the bag without placing it on the ground. The Lowepro gives you easy access to most features of the bag.

Pros:
- Is not flashy. Does not look like a camera bag. Looks like a regular messenger bag.
- Easily holds 13-inch laptop and basic travel camera equipment, including 3 lenses, a DSLR camera and a speedlight.
- Nice green/beige color.
- Good quality materials.
- Handy velcro silencer feature.
- Customizable dividers.
- Easy to hold. Good shoulder strap.
- Easy to put in and take out camera equipment without putting the bag on the floor.
- Does not look like a purse (good for guys!)

Cons:
- Laptop takes a lot of space. When you put a laptop in the bag, there is considerably less space for your camera gear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed for wedding shoots, March 21, 2013
When shooting a wedding, i'm always having to leave my camera bag with the dj, or behind a table, and having a 1500 lens in there doesn't make me feel the best. I'm always checking to make sure it's still there. This is just the ticket i was looking for. I can keep an extra speed light, lens and camera body plus all my cards, batteries, etc right at my side. Where has this been for all my previous weddings! Great quality and not too noisy while opening, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a vacation or day pack for a multipurpose shoot, July 17, 2014
R. Ray (Playa Del Rey, CA) - See all my reviews
I have been looking for a long time to find the best way to carry around my camera equipment, and this may be it. For me, the biggest problem is that I switched to professional grade camera and lenses. So with a Canon 5D and L series lenses, the average day pack wouldn't be large enough.

here is what I figured out... 90% of the time I have my camera on a Black Rapid shoulder holster type strap... ready to take pictures at a moment's notice with a standard 24-70mm lens. That alone would cover about 75% of the shots I would need to take on a vacation or what not. The only other things I would need is a wide angle lens (16-35mm) and zoom lens (70-200) - and of course a flash. With this bag, I can carry all three of those (and leave my Fong flash diffuser attached) in the bag - as well as extra batteries, memory cards, a phone charger, (and for me a string tripod). Admittedly this means the camera has to stay on me, as there is no room, but I really like this set up. If the bag had been made with a tad more space, I could have fit a compressed jacket (which would have paid dividends in Seattle) but other than that, great bag, and easily accessible. I also like the fact that it has both the secure clip for closing the bag, OR, if you will be going in and out of it = they have to velcro tabs that you can open if desired, and use them instead.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, April 16, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera bag, March 11, 2014
This photo bag was just what I was looking for when I take day trips and don't need a lot of equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Yeah!!, March 10, 2014
Been using this bag for about a month now. It has been with me, 5-6 days a week. I shoot street/landscape photography, and this bag is super comfortable. I can carry my DSLR and my mirrorless bodies, and 2 lenses, with no issue. Or, mix and match. DSLR body, 2 lenses, flash gun, or whatever configuration your needs present. My 11" Macbook Air, or my 13" Macbook Pro, fit with comfort and ease. Will update this review, as I spend more time with it. For now, 5 stars, and loving it!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›