5.0 out of 5 stars A truely surprising bag.
Published 19 months ago by J. Almodovar

3.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT fit a 13'" laptop - maybe a tablet
I bought this specifically so I could carry my 13" laptop with my camera. One less bag to juggle.

The bag is set up with an internal pocket that sits against your hip for the laptop. Try as I might, I could not get my laptop into this pocket. Maybe a tablet or an ultra-thin laptop might fit, but my standard 13" laptop just wouldn't go in. I was also concerned...
Published 3 months ago by Phbrowne

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A truely surprising bag., September 24, 2012
This review is from: Lowepro LP36416 Event Messenger 250 Large Shoulder Camera Bag with 13-Inch Laptop Compartment (Camera)
I absolutely hate shoulder bags and upon receiving this bag I thought my experience would be the same (I am a heavy set guy so these bags are normally uncomfortable to wear). Before packing the bag, I thought I'd put the bag on to see how comfortable it was, and I must say I was shocked that not only was it comfortable, but it was practically weightless. I am also surprised to see how many things actually fit into this bag and still remain entirely comfortable. I've been able to fit either one of my tablets (iPad and Kindle Fire), my notebook, my Canon EOS 60D with grip and EF 24-105 f/4 L IS USM with hood on, Canon Speedlite 580EX ii, Rode Video mic, etc. Even fully packed it remained lightweight and comfortable. This makes an excellent every day bag for the photographer.

Pros:
-Lightweight
-Comfortable for people of all sizes
-Very Spacious
-One of the few shoulder bags that allow for battery grip to remain on camera

Cons:
-The Velcro straps are extremely noisy and not useable if the bag is packed tightly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bag, July 22, 2012
I was skeptical about the shoulder bag style for carrying heavy equipment, but this bag really feels great fully-loaded. I spent a lot of time looking for that perfect bag that would fit everything for every occasion, and finally realized it does not exist. This bag allows you to carry a lot of gear and have easy access to it. I can carry my D800, 70-200, 24-70 a flash and a wide angle lens in this bag, along with cards and other small accessories. It is most comfortable to wear on the shoulder and hang straight down. If you need added security, are riding a bike or climbing, use it across the body on the other shoulder, but this is less comfortable. I have the Lowepro flipside 500 AW backpack for long hikes with tripod and that is a great, but huge, bag for taking everything on long hikes where you would want to have everything with you. I also have a great lowepro sling bag, but it does not allow you the easy access to change lenses like this bag does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, September 18, 2012
Book Carpenter (Catskill Mountains, NY) - See all my reviews
Is there such a thing as the perfect camera bag? Apparently not, because you can do a search and find over one hundred variations. I was going on a trip, and I wanted something that would hold enough, yet be easy to get into. This bag was perfect for that. There was a smaller model available, but I thought that carrying less was not my goal.

I prefer to have the strap run across my chest because it's more secure that way. You can have the lid close with Velcro for easy opening and closing, or you can use the plastic clasp for more secure, permanent closing.

There are dividers inside that you can move to accommodate whatever you are carrying. The front zips open to reveal a generous amount of storage with some little pockets, too.

Overall, this is a perfect bag for carrying lenses or other items that you want to get at quickly and easily. The quality is excellent, as with all Lowepro prodcuts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Might just be the Perfect Camera Bag, March 4, 2013
First and formost, LowePro makes GREAT camera bags.

I have owned several LowePro's and other bags since beginning photography and the Event Messanger 250 is without question the best I have ever owned. One thing you need to know about LowePro is that their bags are reliable and solid, even the inexpensive ones like the Adventure series. They are just well thought out/ simple bags and while you might think you don't need some of the features when ordering, they start making a heck of a lot of sense when actually using them.

The LowePro Event Messenger 250

PROS:

1) Amazing amount of space!

I can fit:

-Canon t3i w/ battery grip
-100mm Macro Lens
-18-135 STM LENS
-40mm Pancake Lens
-430ex II Flash
-MacBook Pro w/ Retina (13 inch)
-iPad (3rd Generation)
-Multiple accessories including: Portable Softbox, Lens Pens, Cleaning Supplies, Camera Charger, Battery Charger (for Flash), etc., etc., etc.

2) The bag is comfortable!

- After packing all that camera gear I thought I would be bogged down by the weight but the bag worked perfectly! The Strap cushion just feels like it is "stuck" to my shoulder and is just easy and comfortable to walk around with.

3) It is Built Well

-All the stitching is tough, even the elastic on the side pockets hold up really well, the zippers are top notch, it is SOLID!
-The inside configuration is wel easily configurable :)
-There is plenty of padding
-Even the front pocket for accessories is well planned. It is by no means large but it offers more space to hold Filters, cleaning supplies, wireless remotes, etc. (My one gripe with other Lowepro bags is the accessories pockets are just way too shallow, the Event Messenger 250 is just about perfect).

4) The reversible Velcro Liners are BRILLIANT!

- At first I thought this was an unnecessary addition to the bag but when I wanted to take pics at a local Cathedral I soon realized why LowePro thought of this! The Velcro is LOUD!!! It holds extremely tight which is great but trying to undo the bag in a quiet setting is a bit embarrassing.

Cons:

None (HONESTLY)

I guess if I had to complain about 1 thing it would be the foam inserts in the bag. They are kind of a pain to get in place but once they are there, they stay!

I am sure some people will find a problem here and there with this bag but all in all it is as close to perfect for My Needs as a camera/ laptop bag can get!

CONCLUSION:

-This bag is amazing, it is built well, looks nice, extremely comfortable, and well thought out. $70 for a messenger bag may seem expensive but it's a STEAL! If you are thinking about buying a smaller/ cheaper bag then save your money and get this instead. You will save money in the long run and be happier with the purchase.

It really is that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed for wedding shoots, March 21, 2013
When shooting a wedding, i'm always having to leave my camera bag with the dj, or behind a table, and having a 1500 lens in there doesn't make me feel the best. I'm always checking to make sure it's still there. This is just the ticket i was looking for. I can keep an extra speed light, lens and camera body plus all my cards, batteries, etc right at my side. Where has this been for all my previous weddings! Great quality and not too noisy while opening, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect -- could use two small but important features., December 10, 2013
There is a lot to like about this bag, for all the reasons stated by other positive reviews. So the only thing I have to add (and I hope Lowepro is listening) is that this bag is missing two features that could be easily and cheaply added by the maker.

- First, a clear business card pocket should be attached to the inside of the flap. If the bag is misplaced there is at least a chance it may make it back to you if you had a good place to slip in a business card or hand written note. Inside the flap would be a good location since it would be visible only if the bag was opened, the first thing somebody is going to do if they find it. You would not want the tag outside for privacy reasons. (A con artist could read your name without you noticing and then pretend that he knows you.)

- Second, a set of small rubber feet on the bottom of the bag. This would help keep the cloth material on the bottom of the bag clean when placed on surfaces like a floor or pavement.

I'll be adding these myself, but they would be much better if provided by the manufacturer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera bag, March 11, 2014
This photo bag was just what I was looking for when I take day trips and don't need a lot of equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Yeah!!, March 10, 2014
Been using this bag for about a month now. It has been with me, 5-6 days a week. I shoot street/landscape photography, and this bag is super comfortable. I can carry my DSLR and my mirrorless bodies, and 2 lenses, with no issue. Or, mix and match. DSLR body, 2 lenses, flash gun, or whatever configuration your needs present. My 11" Macbook Air, or my 13" Macbook Pro, fit with comfort and ease. Will update this review, as I spend more time with it. For now, 5 stars, and loving it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Case for Video Equipment for the DSLR Shooter, January 29, 2014
PD (Southwest) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I'm primarily a landscape and portrait stills shooter but I do like the occasional video project. For that I use Marshall 7" field monitor which has several accessories that go with it such as sun hood, cables and batteries + charger. I also use a small Cinevate hand rig for mounting the 5D MK3 for handheld video. When I go out on frequent photography shoots for landscapes or real estate jobs, I don't want to have to carry video -specific gear around. I'd prefer to have that nicely sorted into a separate bag that I can grab if I'm doing video, and know that all I need is there. I use this case for just that reason. The tablet slot holds the monitor perfectly plus the folded sun hood, the main compartment holds the Cinevate rig plus a zippered pouch with cables and adapters, and the front section zips out to holds the remaining small bits I need. This is kind of a weird specialized use of the bag but it works well. I'm thinking that a second one may be in order to use for flash equipment... this bag would easily hold two Canon 600 speedlights and the transmitter, plus rechargeable AA's and my two 8-battery power packs. LowePro may have designed this bag for other reasons, but for accessory management it really works well. The greenish tan is awesome too, because it's completely unflattering, doesn't look like a bag holding $2K in flash gear at ALL, lol!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Bag, February 23, 2013
This bag worked as advertised. It housed my D7000 & 2 Lens plus my iPad. It looks professional & practical. It stayed on my shoulder with no problem. The handle also functions well. A nice touch. Would gladly recommend to friends.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›