5.0 out of 5 stars Super Sweet Pack
Published 21 months ago by matthews0412

Published 1 month ago by Choclodite Lensman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Sweet Pack, December 7, 2012
I bought this for travelling with my 60d, 17-40mm, and 100mm lenses and the space is highly customizable. Everything fits snug and I have room for 2 water bottles or one water bottle w/mini tripod plus my tablet and a jacket- nice deep pockets on the front. There is plenty of room left in the top for misc. snacks or whatever as well. One of my favorite features of this pack is that the waist belt is easily removable. I don't particularly care for one on a pack this size so I was delighted that I didn't have to cut it off as I've had to do with some packs in the past, plus I can quickly throw it on if the situation calls for it. I looked at these bags in the store and there doesn't appear to be a lot of space difference between this bag and the 22L- the extra space is mostly in the upper portion of the pack. If my impression of this pack changes after my trip I'll make sure to update this review, but as for right now I am thrilled with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Built, High Quality Pack, October 3, 2012
This review is from: Lowepro LP36430-PWW Photo Hatchback 16L AW (Pepper Red) (Electronics)
After spending some time looking at bags for my NEX-6 (to be delivered), I ended up with the 16L Photo Hatchback by Lowepro. I went through their gear tool in order to determine which pack would be best suited for my needs. I went based off of the NEX-7 since it is virtually the same size as the 6. With this, a few lenses, and a tablet in mind, the Photo Hatchback seemed to fit the bill.

Once I received the product, I was not surprised to find out that the Pepper Red was actually more of an Orange (knew this by other reviews and videos) but I was very happy with the color. The bag has tons of great features, it is quite comfortable, and overall the build quality is excellent. I just reviewed the tripod that I purchased (Benro MeFoto Travel Tripod Kit, Titanium (A0350Q0T)) and although it doesnt fit in the bag with the carry case, it does fit in one of the side water bottle pockets. It is exposed, but it is still a nice thing to know that it will fit (may need a water bottle to counter the weight on the opposite side, but thats not a big deal to me really).

The photo compartment is compact, but has more than enough room to be sufficient for the gear that I plan on taking. In addition, there are other pockets for anything else youd want to bring with you.

I am very excited about this bag, and extremely pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for All My DSLR Gear, March 22, 2014
What's in mine?
Rode Videomic Shotgun Microphone with Rycote Lyre Mount
Movo Photo Heavy Duty & Super Sturdy Action Stabilizing Video Handle Grip for all Cameras (Black)
Nikon D5200
Grip
Batteries
Battery Charger
SD Cards
Cleaning Stuff (rags, brushes, cleaning solution and air puffer)
Assorted Cables/Adapters

11" MacBook Air
Charger

I am planing on adding a tripod, and putting it in one of the side pockets with probably 2 legs in the pocket. These pockets are rather long and I think it should hold a small and light tripod just fine. I am planing on trying a Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Compact Photo-Movie Kit (Black). I will see how it works and update my review.

It holds all this stuff, which is rather heavy but it feels very light when it is on my back. The removable camera pouch is very handy for those times when you want to grab all you lenses but don't have room for a full backpack. The one thing that is a little irritating it is falls over when the laptop is in the bag, but without my MBA it will stand on its own. I feel the camera is very safe in this bag, the camera pouch is very padded and sturdy and the rain cover protects my gear when I get caught in inclement weather, which tends to come out of nowhere here in SE Texas. Something cool is you can get to the camera without taking off the bag, which is great for when you have no clean surfaces to set the bag down on.

Pros
Loads of room
Decent organization
Removable camera pouch
Well padded camera pouch
Very comfortable to wear
Full camera and lens access without taking off the bag

Cons
Falls over when my MacBook Air is in it
No Tripod specific pocket and strap (I am going to try one but I don't have one small enough, yet)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller bag size is quite sufficient!, March 30, 2014
Without being able to touch and see different camera bags, I settled on this bag and couldn't be more pleased. The Lowepro website gives great recommendations for bag style. I wanted something easy to bring along, and keep up with kids. If I were to be more actively involved in hiking, I would be looking at the sport version, or some of the other Lowepro bags that have a more padded waist belt.

My Nikon D7100 fits great, with 18-55 lens attached, extra lens, charger and a little extra space. Love the front pockets for iPad (currently using for manual, writing notebook & pens)!

I had previously purchased the larger size (22L), but felt that it was too big, and the height of the bag felt quite clunky on my back (I'm 5'6").

The blue color is very pretty. The handle at the top has been quite useful, too!

For the camera section, I love that it comes out and is still quite protected if I'm using the bag for other purposes.

If the camera is situated at the bottom of the compartment, there is one padded layer, and then two layers of the bag, plus the all weather cover to add some extra protection.

For the side pockets, a narrow water bottle is needed.

With all the gear I mentioned I carry, there's still plenty of room in the top section to bring along a lightweight jacket, snacks, towel, etc.
As small as this backpack is, it can pack a lot!

Accessing the camera from the back seemed strange at first, but I actually like it--more secure, easy to open.

A few cons
Not all the straps have elastic to hold the loose ends (if you sew, you could easily add on)
Big Lowepro name printed on the visible side of bag--announces that it's a camera bag

Overall
I am so impressed with the quality of the backpack-the padding, design, & durable material. This is the third Lowepro bag we've owned for our cameras, and for the price, am one very happy 'enthusiast photographer'!

2.0 out of 5 stars WHERE'S THE STORAGE SPACE !? HORRIBLY DESIGNED. SORRY, LOWEPRO - YOU MISSED YOUR MARK ON THIS ONE !, July 30, 2014
Not impressed. Item's storage compartment is dinky. Don't be fooled by photos they post showing camera body with lens and other lenses in with it. I barely could put my Canon 1Ds Mark II w/ 24-70mm lens -- no other room for other lenses. Great idea, but bad design. The material is also a "scratchy" nylon that is not comfortable against the skin. Where are the lanyard loops to hang items outside (like a cell solar charger?) Poorly designed and made cheaply for a Lowepro product. I wouldn't recommend this item unless there were no other bag manufacturers around. This item is too costly for what you don't get…..

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible for photo sessions out hiking, August 21, 2014
I bought this pack to use out photographing while hiking. It does neither job well, I cannot put in my rain jacket (the upper compartment is too small), and I cannot use the compartment for my Nikon D5300 with any of the lenses on it. So it just sits in the closet while I use an old backpack for the photo sessions while out hiking.

It is made well and the straps are pretty comfortable, but just not useful for my purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, July 6, 2014
I really love it! Good Quality, reasonable priced, i'll stick to this brand for future camera-bag purchases

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Backpack for DSLR, June 26, 2014
I purchased this backpack to carry my DSLR for travel. I recently used it as a carry on for several flights. I love the protection it provides. I also love the fact that the camera is only accessible through the back hatch and can't be accessed by someone else while I'm carrying the bag. The ventilation holes in the back help it to not be too hot to carry. I wish the top compartment was a little bigger. My laptop won't fit in the bag unless I remove the camera compartment. However, the bag has plenty of room for a tablet and smaller items. The camera compartment easily holds my Nikon DSLR and two lenses, but I don't believe there is room for a third lens in the camera compartment. If you are looking for a bag to carry a dslr, extra lens, and small personal items, this bag is great. If you are looking to carry additional lenses and a laptop, you should probably consider a bigger bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars as expected, June 22, 2014
lowepro is known for quality products, this is one of the best. i would recommend this to people who are travelling

4.0 out of 5 stars Go with the large one, this is really small, June 4, 2014
Great tote to keep your camera safe, but the rest of the space is really limited. My McBook doesn't fit and my iPad barely gets in. Go with the bigger size if you are trying to carry your camera and laptop.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›