Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lowepro Event Messenger 150 DSLR Camera Shoulder Bag
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Style: Event Messenger 150|Color: Mica|Change

on November 10, 2012
Check out the photos that I've uploaded for a visual. I purchased this bag in hopes that it would be perfect to hit the streets with just a basic kit ie. camera body & 2 prime lenses & the iPad.
It's just a little too narrow for the 5D mark III. This would probably be great for a Canon or Nikon crop ie. T2i or D5100.
If you do have a FF body, you could probably still get away with carrying the body w/out lens attached, & maybe 2 small lenses & a flash or 2 larger lenses & body. After that, there wouldn't be any room for accessories, so don't even think about those.
Anyways...should probably look at something else if you have FF.
I can fit the 70-200 F4 lens attached, facing down, with hood reversed but the cover will not close for sure. OK..if you're doing street shooting & just need to grab it quick & don't mind that the cover will just be bulging out on top enough to where neither the plastic clip or the velcro can fasten, that would work also.
May end up returning it & opting for the larger Event Messenger 250.
review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2014
I ordered this bag to accommodate a minimal kit. I'm currently using it for my
Canon 60D (larger than the Canon Rebel series)
Canon 85mm f/1.8 with lens hood reversed
Canon 60mm macro (which will eventually be substituted out for the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM as it's the same size)
There's just barely enough room for the 40mm STM. And when I say BARELY, I mean it. It's packed TIGHT. The EF 50mm f/1.8 is a little bigger than the 40mm STM and will NOT fit in it's place.
This is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want a bag with a billion and one pockets so I could carry everything I might possibly need over the next 14 years. I wanted something that would carry my camera and two prime lenses so that I could tackle most photographic opportunities and this is FLAWLESS for that application.
The bag appears very well made and what I like most about it is that it doesn't look like a typical camera bag.
Other great features:
Like most camera bags, there are several removable/adjustable dividers.
The top! Sounds weird but what's great about it is that the top can secure via a single buckle or you can reveal two velcro strips and use those instead - or use the velcro and the buckle together.
Additionally, there are some little flaps that fold in for a little extra padding and protection.
Side and front pockets - going with the minimal theme, these pockets aren't intrusive and take up very little room when not in use.
If you're looking for something to carry a couple of small-ish lenses and your camera - this is your bag!
I added a few images in the hopes that it's helpful. EDIT: for some reason the pictures never showed up despite the upload working. Sorry.
review image review image review image review image
on September 14, 2012
Excellent bag for micro-four-thirds cameras. As small as the bag is it will hold an entire micro-four-thirds system. Three vertical dividers, the body fits on top with the attached lens in the center section. Side sections can then hold additional lenses. Can use as a three zoom set-up or a huge collection of primes. For primes it works best to remove the horizontal dividers and put the primes in small pouches. Holds a lot more this way. There are many possible configurations. For example I can fit my E-M5, Rokinon 7.5, Olympus 12/2, Panasonic 25/1.4, Olympus 45/1.8 and Olympus 75/1.8 with ease.
on April 2, 2014
See my video review here for a closer look!

I have been looking for a good DSLR camera bag to use while traveling. Something that will hold my basic photography equipment plus some books and a tablet. The Lowepro Event Messenger 250 fits all these requirements and more!

For me, the biggest advantage of this bag is that it is not flashy and does not look like a camera bag. Other camera bags have a huge Canon or Nikon logo in the outside. This screams "steak me!" to potential robbers robbers while traveling. On the other hand, the Lowepro looks like a nice messenger bag that you can safely use on your trips.

Another big advantage is that it easily fits a 13-inch laptop. However, when you have a laptop in the bag, you will have less space for your camera gear. Everything will still fit, but it will be much tighter and bulky.

Finally, this is a very comfortable bag to wear. Unlike with backpacks, it is easy to take equipment in an out of the bag without placing it on the ground. The Lowepro gives you easy access to most features of the bag.

Pros:
- Is not flashy. Does not look like a camera bag. Looks like a regular messenger bag.
- Easily holds 13-inch laptop and basic travel camera equipment, including 3 lenses, a DSLR camera and a speedlight.
- Nice green/beige color.
- Good quality materials.
- Handy velcro silencer feature.
- Customizable dividers.
- Easy to hold. Good shoulder strap.
- Easy to put in and take out camera equipment without putting the bag on the floor.
- Does not look like a purse (good for guys!)

Cons:
- Laptop takes a lot of space. When you put a laptop in the bag, there is considerably less space for your camera gear.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2012
I absolutely hate shoulder bags and upon receiving this bag I thought my experience would be the same (I am a heavy set guy so these bags are normally uncomfortable to wear). Before packing the bag, I thought I'd put the bag on to see how comfortable it was, and I must say I was shocked that not only was it comfortable, but it was practically weightless. I am also surprised to see how many things actually fit into this bag and still remain entirely comfortable. I've been able to fit either one of my tablets (iPad and Kindle Fire), my notebook, my Canon EOS 60D with grip and EF 24-105 f/4 L IS USM with hood on, Canon Speedlite 580EX ii, Rode Video mic, etc. Even fully packed it remained lightweight and comfortable. This makes an excellent every day bag for the photographer.

Pros:
-Lightweight
-Comfortable for people of all sizes
-Very Spacious
-One of the few shoulder bags that allow for battery grip to remain on camera

Cons:
-The Velcro straps are extremely noisy and not useable if the bag is packed tightly.
on November 28, 2012
I bought this bag to use in situations when it is either not appropriate or not desirable to carry around my full-size camera backpack. I recently upgraded to a Nikon D800, and am able to fit the D800 into this bag easily, with room for two additional small to medium lenses.
This bag can almost fit a 10" HP netbook in its tablet pocket; I don't have a tablet to carry around but the pocket fits my friend's tablets.
There are plenty of smaller pockets for accessories like memory cards, a flash, cables, chargers, etc. The side pockets can fit a small water bottle, umbrella, or granola bar.

As a note, this bag is not very large - I have to choose what I want to bring with me before I leave the home - but I bought the bag to fit only selected items, and as long as you only intend to carry around one body, 2-3 lenses and a small flash at a given time, you will be all set.

The best thing about this bag is does not attract much attention (only a subtle LowePro logo, no flashy colors ) and I can quickly, quietly open it up and have all of the equipment I brought along for a given day at my fingertips.
on June 25, 2012
This small bag fits my Olympus OM-D (with a zoom lens attached) plus two extra zoom lenses.
This bag comes with the typical vertical dividers which split the space into three compartments.
The camera fits face down with the attached lens taking up the middle compartment.
The extra lenses (or accessories) go on the side compartments.
But one cool feature is that it also has horizontal dividers so you can stack two items in the side compartments.
(like a small zoom and a pancake lens or the charger and the clip-on flash).
It also has a front pocket to store memory cards, batteries, and miscellaneous stuff.
There's also a slim pocket in the back that fits a Kindle perfectly.
The material is sturdy but pliable. The case is well padded but not bulky.

CONS: There's just one color.
44 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2013
I'm using bag for a Sony NEX 5R with three lenses (35mm, 18-55mm, and 55-200mm). It fits everything well with a few additional accessories in the front pocket (batteries, SD Cards, flash, etc.) There is probably even room for another small lens. I wanted something as compact as possible and still functional.I like the large top opening and ability to clip the top down for security or Velcro it for quick access. After a lot of searching, I settled on the Event Messenger 100, and I am glad I did.
on July 17, 2012
Bought this bag for a 2 week trip. I didn't want to bring a laptop on the trip so I wanted a trip that would hold my camera, a couple lenses, iPad and a couple accessories. This bag fit the bill! Good quality bag, nice layout, and a great price.
on April 14, 2012
High quality bag, easy to adapt to your specific gear. I have my 7D plus attached 70-200 in it plus one extra lens and iPad. If you separate body and lens there is even more space left