5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I wanted with the Canon Xsi
Published on October 28, 2008 by A. Anthony

1.0 out of 5 stars Nova 160
Interior dimensions are 8"(length)X4"(width)X6.5" (depth). I bought it thinking that the dimensions listed were interior. I felt it was a bit misleading. Bag seems well made but only someone who wanted to carry just their camera (If it's full body and I have a Nikon D7000) and maybe a flash would be able to use this bag. The biggest lense I could fit onbody in this...
Published on August 8, 2011 by ben

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I wanted with the Canon Xsi, October 28, 2008
This review is from: Lowepro Nova 160 AW Camera Bag - Black (Electronics)
This bag fits the Canon Rebel Xsi perfectly. I wanted a bag that was small enough to be truly portable and not look like I'm a photography nut. The bag snugly fits the camera with the the 18-200 lens attached and my kit lens (18-55mm) and my 50mm lens in the bag. I also store my SD cards, battery, charger, and some cables. That is it! If you want a bag that stores more then 3 lenses (one being attached) and the camera - then you have to go bigger.If you are like me and a minimilist who just wants a case that will carry the very basics - and is on the small side- this is the bag!

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect day kit bag, August 12, 2009
This review is from: Lowepro Nova 160 AW Camera Bag - Black (Electronics)
I have been using Lowepro bags for a long time and I'm always amazed at the simplicity of the design. This bag is perfect as my daily grab-and-go bag for my Pentax K-7 kit. It's weather-proof, just like my Pentax gear so I don't have to worry about the occasional rain or snow shower. I keep my SLR with a prime lens in one side (actually laying on the side with the grip facing up for quick access) and have room on the other side for another lens and some filters. The strap is well made and is easy to adjust. The zippers are well made and zip easily open and closed. The bag has an overall well-made fit and finish and is a joy to use. The top handle is padded and very comfortable to hold for short periods or while moving the bag around. Like most other top-flap designed bags, the handle on the top isn't very useful unless the bag is zippered and clasped closed. A short handle strap instead of a handle would have been a better choice for me, but I'm really nitpicking here.

The memory card pockets and zippered pocket on the inside face of the top cover are perfectly placed. There are a couple of elastic pockets on the outside of each end of the bag along with a zippered pocket on the back (probably only large enough for pamphlets or a map) as well as a compact zippered pocket on the front where I keep some smaller filters. If you have a compact DSLR and are looking for a compact bag to go along with it, I would highly recommend this bag. I can sling it over my shoulder and take it with me wherever I go and it hardly weighs anything. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Canon Rebel XS with 3 lenses, September 11, 2009
This review is from: Lowepro Nova 160 AW Camera Bag - Black (Electronics)
I use my bag told hold my Rebel XS as well as all my lenses and have no complaints so far. The lenses I keep in the bag are the Canon 55-250mm IS with hood reversed, the Canon 50mm f1.8, and the Canon 18-55mm IS. I can store all of them without feeling like I am cramming too much in, and can store the camera with any of the lenses attached to it. I had looked at the Nova 140, but it did not have enough space to hold the camera with the 55-250 attached, so it was out. This bag also has lots of pockets for all the goodies you need to carry, including USB cable, cards, filters, etc. This would not work for a full frame camera, but for a consumer SLR such as the Rebel XS, this fits the bill quite nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowepro Nova 160 Camera Bag, March 26, 2010
This review is from: Lowepro Nova 160 AW Camera Bag - Black (Electronics)
This is my second Nova 160 bag--the first one (bought 10 years ago) is still going strong, but I needed a second. This bag is convenient in all the right ways. I have used this when backpacking. The small loops on the top rear of the bag allow it to be hung with carabiners from D rings on my pack straps so that the bag rides on my lower chest. This allows quick and convenient access when the wonderful vistas appear.

The older bag dated from the film camera era and had pocket designs to match (e.g., a removable film pouch for the front zippered pocket). The major difference with the new bag is pocket layout. The front pocket is somewhat smaller, and there is some reduction in volume from the folded all-weather cover which tucks under the front flap. The inside top pocket is also smaller, but the outside top flap pocket more than makes up for it. I can't easily fit the SD cards or CF cards (in their protective cases) into the inside card pockets, but they can be forced in or out. The zippered pocket at the back is the same as in the earlier model, and convenient for your camera guide and for stowing other flat documents. The all-weather cover is a newer and valuable feature.

Outside attachment points are well designed: shoulder strap attachments (strap is included with the bag), belt loop attachments (belt sold separately: check your local backpacking store for cheap wide nylon straps and fasteners) and the top loops at the back for front mounting the bag to your pack straps.

You can easily stow a digital SLR with mounted lens, one additional small to medium sized lens, two screw-on filters, a couple of lens hoods, and maybe your battery charger and cord (with tight packing).

4.0 out of 5 stars Lowepro Nova 160 AW Camera Bag, December 5, 2009
Adarsh (Bangalore, India) - See all my reviews
Great Buy!

Has space for a D-SLR [like the D90], a 18-200 zoom, Flash [like the SB-600] AND a 50mm lens.

Build quality is good.

Negatives - Wish the base of the bag had a thicker / harder padding.

Conclusion:
Very good bag.
Make sure you know what will fit in. This is smaller than a full size pro kit bag and that is why I bought it. Very compact / portable.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for Canon Rebel XS & two lenses, December 29, 2009
Mike Massachusetts (Boston, Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro Nova 160 AW Camera Bag - Black (Electronics)
Purchased bag to carry Canon Rebel XS. Bag fits the camera, an attached 18-55mm lens, and a 75-300mm lens, along with some lens filters and a Canon Elph compact camera. Build quality is excellent, as is durability. Size is perfect for a day exploring on foot with your camera, and shoulder strap is wide and padded and doesn't dig into your skin. Would recommend to a friend and would purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect small camera bag, November 6, 2010
This review is from: Lowepro Nova 160 AW Camera Bag - Black (Electronics)
I really can't say enough great things about this bag. The construction of it is very solid and well-padded. The compartments are adjustable via velcro to fit whatever you're looking for. It has a water-resistant rain shield that you can pull out and wrap around the entire case if you get stuck in inclement weather. There is also an absolutely absurd number of pockets and zippers on it - I'm amazed at how much I can hold in such a small bag. I have it loaded to the brim with accessories (cleaning cloths and solution, brush pen, memory cards, extra battery w/ charger, memory card reader, etc.), plus it holds my camera and an extra lens. Even with all that, I was able to add four granola bars to it when I was going to be stuck outside without access to food for a while. The outside mesh pockets won't quite hold a water bottle though - that's perhaps my one complaint.

It's important to note that you are going to be limited to the main body + 1 small lens (attached) + 1 extra major accessory. I can fit the body (Canon T1i) with my 18-55 kit lens attached in the main section lying on it's back, but it won't fit with the 55-250 kit lens attached. For the second major accessory you can either go with a medium lens (this is where I store the 55-250) or something like a flash. If you're looking to carry multiple lenses and a flash, you will need a bigger bag. But as far as a reasonably-sized travel bag that holds tons of small accessories, you can't really go better than this. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality...Perfect!, July 9, 2009
Gypsybaker (Wellington, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro Nova 160 AW Camera Bag - Black (Electronics)
I was trying to find the perfect camera bag for my new Olympus SP565uz and stumbled upon this product...am I ever glad I did! It's light-weight, just big enough without looking like I'm pretending to be a professional photog, and until I become adept enough with my new camera to buy an add'l lense, the extra section can hold a bag of snacks! Velco strips enable you to block off just the right inside space to house your camera.

It has many pockets, so I can stash my credit card holder, passport and even my tiny-print camera manual. Pockets just for my extra X-D Picture cards, extra batteries, etc. On both sides, on the outside, are mesh pockets perfect for a couple small water bottles.

The feature that really sold me was the fold-over top, so there's no chance rain can creap in through the zipper...it even has its own "raincoat" stashed in the front pocket. Kudos to whoever designed this!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact bag fits D3100 with 18-55 and 55-300 lenses and charger, November 9, 2011
This review is from: Lowepro Nova 160 AW Camera Bag - Black (Electronics)
This is a compact bag that fits my D3100 with 18-55mm attached and the 55-300mm on the side. Contrary to one low reviewer, the bag also fits D3100 with the 55-300mm zoom lens attached but in horizontal instead of vertical placement; that leaves enough room for the 18-55mm lens above or below the attached 55-300 with the padding in between. I think I can also place 50mm in this bag but I have tested that. I think this bag could've been thinner. This bag ends up being as thick as the compact Nikon bags in the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product!, April 12, 2009
This review is from: Lowepro Nova 160 AW Camera Bag - Black (Electronics)
This case was bought for my wife for her Canon 40D with 24-105mm lens. It fits perfectly. This a great product.

Lowepro Nova 160 AW Camera Bag  - Black