Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

on October 30, 2004
I've tried, like so many others, MANY camera bags. I've had the Lowepro Compact AW, the Lowepro Magnum AW, the Lowepro MiniTrekker, and the Lowepro Photo Trekker AW II just to name some of the many I've tried. But for an easy way to carry the camera and extra lens and/or flash while hiking around in Europe, the zoo, a park etc. this bag just cannot be beat!

The construction is very good and it is ideally sized to carry a small amount of equipment for a daily shoot. And it does so comfortably and inobtrusively.

The backpack solutions, for me, were mostly overkill, were uncomfortable to boot, and it was difficult to access my equipment. The shoulder bags are great to transport your gear, but very uncomfortable for carrying it around on a day trek. I believe in travelling light and keeping is simple and this bag allows you to do both.

Incidentally, the bag can be slung comfortably across your shoulder in addition to strapping it on your waist. While on your waist it is a simple matter to loosten the belt slightly and bring the gear arount to the front of you where you can easily remove it.

Do remember that the bag IS limited in size and it will force you to carefully consider your gear choices for the day. The advantages of "travelling light" far outweigh the disadvantages of not having all of your equipment at the tip of your fingers.

Honestly, I have not found a better solution for day treks and would, at this point, only consider other lumbar bags when considering an alternative for daily treks. Everyone I've recommended this bag to has been pleased.
on September 24, 2007
Overall, the bag is good quality, but I wish I could remove the straps I'm not using easily. I also found that it doesn't fit some of my larger lens very well. I can easily fit 3 lens, but 4 is a bit tight if I'm brining my 28-135 lens. The height of the bag is perfect, all of my lens including my 100-300 fit fine. I gave it 4 stars as its a little too narrow, another inch would have given it 5 stars.
on April 11, 2007
I love the quick way it opens and closes. Not too big but carries what I need. Secure for climbing over boulders with the belt and shoulder straps. Would recommend it to anyone if they need a compact well working camera pack. I carry my Nikon D-80 with zoom, and extra wide angle lens, a polorizer, exta battery and card and cleaning stuff. LOVE IT.
on January 27, 2015
Great camera bag - use it on bike trips and hiking where I need to have my hands free but don't want to carry a big bag around. Three interior compartments so if you want to carry an extra lens or other goodies things stay nicely padded and separated. Very handy.
on January 12, 2008
This is a great little bag! I can comfortably fit my SLR with lens attached and two more lenses! The dividers are velcroed in so you can move them around to your liking. I keep my chrger and extra batteries in a small area inside the bag and my cleaning kit and USB wires in the front pocket. The outer straps are very handy for strapping your tripod to as well. I've hiked with this bag and let me tell you it is great! It isn't too heavy and you have the choice of putting it over your shoulder or strapping it around your waist. I had it strapped around my waist and was perfectly comfortable! The waist straps can also be tucked away so they aren't hanging all over the place when not in use.

All in all I highly recommend the bag to someone who is active and packs a light load. This bag gets five stars from me! It's PERFECT!
on December 13, 2007
This is the perfect little bag, I'm holding a Rebel Xti, Sigma 10-20mm, Canon 28-135, Canon 50mm 1.4...and I strap a Manfrotto Modo 785B Tripod to the straps. It has a front zipper where I hold my extra batteries, charger and microfiber towel.

I don't plan on buying any more lenses so this is the perfect camera bag for me. If you're not a "pro" and you don't plan to carry a dozen lenses with you...look no further!
on April 2, 2008
The bag has the perfect size for a day trip. It has just enough space for the camera with one-two lenses and "a little extra" for wallet, cell phone and a water bottle. This is my only carry-on when being a tourist or visiting an adventure park. Furthermore, my hands and back are free (no sweating on hot days due to a backpack).
on April 5, 2007
This is a good starter bag for an on the go photographer. I used it to keep my camera safe and easily accessable. It was great on the ski slopes and I plan on taking it ever where I go. The price and size were the perfect fit for my wallet and hip.
on March 22, 2007
This bag is so versatile. It can be either a shoulder bag or clip around your waist. It's size is perfect to fit my camcorder, an extra battery, some lenses and my still camera. The movable walls inside keep anything from getting damaged.
on December 3, 2009
I usually carry a Canon 5D with 17-40mm, 50mm and 28-135/or100mm macro in this bag. As one of the other reviewers mentioned, its easy to swing it round to the front and grab what you need. The front pouch is much bigger than it appears. I currently have the following in there:
2 spare batteries, battery charger, small collapsible tabletop tripod, 3-4 filters, remote trigger, pen, pad of paper,8 extra memory cards. I like the fact that I can still carry a daypack on a hike and have all my camera gear along. Actually the daypack rests on the camera bag as an added bonus. I hope they never stop making these, although I've had mine for 4 years now and no sign of wear yet.