5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent day-bag for urban and mountain photographers
This is an excellent small day-bag for urban and mountain photographers. I've started to use backpacks instead of shoulder bags and this is my favorite day-bag. It's compact enough to easily fit under the seat of airplanes and doesn't tempt to you to carry everything and the kitchen sink.

That being said, it can carry a *lot*. With my EOS 10D, it...
Published on September 23, 2004 by Karen Nakamura

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value but with the price of comfort;
Published on April 3, 2005 by Toad S. Hopper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent day-bag for urban and mountain photographers, September 23, 2004
This review is from: Lowepro Micro Trekker 200 Camera Backpack (Black) (Electronics)

That being said, it can carry a *lot*. With my EOS 10D, it carries:

1. EOS 10D body with 16-35mm L attached

2. 24-70mm L lens

3. 550 EX flash (this could be used to carry another lens)

4. ST-E2 transmitter

5. 2 spare batteries

6. All my CF cards and CF card reader

7. Still lots of room for personal items (wallet, cell phone, maps, keys, sandwich) in outer pocket

With my Hasselblad system, it carries:

1. Hassie 203 FE with 80mm CFE attached and A12 back

2. 50mm CFE Distagon

3. 2 spare A-12 backs

4. Digital point and shoot as a proof camera (on site polaroid)

5. Small flash for fill flash

6. Personal items as above

In addition, you can strap a small tripod horizontally on the bottom of the pack. This is much better than the vertical strap system on my LowePro Rover AW. The vertical straps get in the way of getting into the pack (you have to remove the tripod to access the innards). The Micro Trekker's horizontal system lets you only use the tripod when you want to, and still gives full access to the pack.

The pack is small and inconspicuous. Just the thing for street photography. But some bigger men have found it too small for them. It's perfect for women and men under 5'10 or so. I found the waist strap a bit flimsy (it's more for stabilization than for carrying weight) but otherwise this pack is perfect for my needs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value but with the price of comfort;, April 3, 2005
Toad S. Hopper (High Springs, FL) - See all my reviews
Still searching for the perfect camera bag I purchased this pack for an extended day hike. I think I'm beginning to value the advice of the person who told me that you will take better photos in the field if you don't take more than one lens. But in trying them all I got this pack. It hold an enormous amount of gear. SLR body, 17-55mm Nikon f2.8 (a monster chunk of glass), 70-180mm Macro Zoom (another heavy weight) and a 300mm f4 with the body attached. Plus SB 600 flash, a macro ring flash, cleaning stuff, compact flash cards and batterys in a Tamrac case that mounts on the side. Plus there is a great outside storage area that can take lots of personal gear. It swallowed the compass, first aid kit, trail mix, matches, survival blanket and even a water bladder from a camelback pack. No problem holding the weight. I just ccould not get comfortable with the load. The side pockets also hold your cell phone or radio, a nice touch. It is also not really waterproofed, which could be a problem. Look to the AW line of Lowepro. I have an Omni Trekker that started to hurt after a few hours of hiking and I thought this pack would have more comfort. No it doesn't. The straps need a lot more padding and you can't adjust thier length. It 's not a bad pack but for me in extended hiking it started to dig into my shoulder. Also the zippers do let in a lot of crud and are not as protected as I would like them to be. I'm looking at the Tamrac and Kata bags and have sold this one on eBay after 3 hikes. I went back to my Omni Trekker as a backpack.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pack for the average user., March 8, 2006
B. Weese (Mt. Airy, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I'm an amateur photographer/videographer and am quite pleased with this bags durability, storage space and comfort to wear. I can pack my D70 kit, zoom lens, a Hitachi DVD camcorder, cables, filters, disks, sun block, and snacks all inside without bulging at the seams. It's only as heavy as you fill it, so weight wasn't a problem for me.

It's not marked as an "all weather" or "water resistant" and I've never had an opportunity to test that except when I had it strapped to by back for 18 hours one sweltering weekend.

I'm 5 foot 7 and it sits nicely on my back without being cumbersome. After about 3 hours or so the straps started digging into the front of my underarm. The chest strap might have fixed this, but because of my err...womanly build, it wasn't comfortable in any position. I eventually removed it.

I've taken it everywhere, from the woods to the drag strip and so far has cleaned up with a damp cloth.

My only regret is that I didn't get one that would hold a laptop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera bag. Shame about the tripod straps, January 3, 2007
Ian S (Mt Arlington, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This pack is good. We just took a trip to Europe and I had no concerns about the safety of my camera and lenses. The pockets are well-padded, and easily adjusted to fit any size of camera and most lenses. It also has numerous side pockets for little gadgets - spare memory card, remote shutter release, USB card reader, etc. etc.

A minor niggle is that the chest strap is too high. It feels like the bag is getting ready to strangle me. But I find the bag very comfortable and secure to wear without this strap anyway, so I just leave it undone.

The only thing I really dislike about this bag is the straps that hold on the tripod. They're fiddly to operate, take far too much time to tie the tripod, and are prone to slip loose. I would have much preferred some sort of rubber-backed velcro arrangement. A real design flaw on an otherwise excellent bag, this earns it 4 stars instead of 5.

3.0 out of 5 stars It really is a "micro"., January 16, 2006
Gustavo (Santa Fe, NM USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this backpack with the idea of getting "everything" in one small, compact design. Actually, the interior design is quite good and accomodated my Canon 5D with telephoto quite well. Lowepro makes good packs, there is no doubt. However, if you happen to be a medium to larger size person, the micro trekker 200 may be a bit small. I did feel it immediately acrosss my chest, even after adjusting straps, etc. I just could not imagine taking this backpack on a hiking trip. Lowepro makes also a mini version, but compared the size chart and was not convinced it would be much different. I have ordered a Tamrac Adventure 7 Model 5547 (not yet received), which is probably more what I need, and priced very similar to these smaller-size Lowepro's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, compact bag for day use, November 22, 2006
While I own the Lowepro Nature Trekker AW II Camera Backpack, I was inclined to purchase this backpack when I realized that the Nature Trekker was a lot for me to carry everywhere I go.

All-in-all, I'm very pleased with this bag and have found a good assortment of lens to store in it. Specifically, I can store a 300mm f/4, a 70-200mm f/4, and the 180mm macro (all from Canon) with their lens hoods attached (in the inverse position), and still have a little bit of room left on the inside for filter cases and an air blower. The inside of the bag can be fully customized as everything is attached using Velcro, so you can move the dividers around or remove them altogether. Finally, the inside contains three zippered pouches, with one "larger" one (10 inches long x 5 inches wide) and two very small ones. These would be used well for storing cords, flash cards, etc.

The outside of the bag has two primary pockets, with a small zipper pouch near the top and a larger zipper pouch in the middle. The larger pouch can be further secured with a clasp/strap combination that is adjustable. In addition, there are two small velcro pockets on each side of the bag that provide more storage. Finally, there is one "loop" on each side of the bag near the top that allow for "SlipLock" add-ons. While I have personally not found a use for these yet, I'm sure that you could easily attach a water bottle or something else.

While I have not tested the bag in overly harsh weather, it can probably stand up to some moisture, although I would not suggest letting it get drenched by rain. It seems durable as Lowepro bags in general tend to be of high quality for outdoor use.

Like I said, I personally selected this bag specifically for lens storage, while I carry my DSLR on a shoulder strap. I'm sure that the bag could hold up to three DSLRs alone if necessary, or some combination of DSLRs and lenses, but I have not tried this combination.

While some people might select this as a secondary bag, others could consider it for primary use as well, as long as you don't have too much to carry. Others might consider selecting something like the Lowepro Mini Trekker AW Backpack or perhaps the Lowepro Mini Trekker Classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Backpack, March 7, 2006
I borrowed one of these bags for a vacation. It was fantastic! It fit my Canon 10d perfectly plus 2 lenses and other gear. There was plenty of extra room for my wallet, keys, etc... Used the bag during a bike trip, hiking and general sight seeing ... the bag was excellent for getting into and out of quickly.. and protected the gear well. I carried it on the plane also and it was the perfect size. Great item!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I, an amateur, needed!, October 7, 2008
I bought this after looking at countless photo bags online. I went with lowepro, because from what I read, they are a very reputible company, who has been making quality bags for years. When buying a bag to protect thousands of dollars of camera equipment, you shouldn't have to buy anything less!

For the price, this bag is incredible. It fits everything, and even has room to spare. So far I've loaded it with my Nikon D80 with an 85mm f/1.8 lens attatched. I fit into it my nikon 50mm f/1.8 lens, nikon 60mm f/2.8 micro, and sigma 18-200mm lenses. There was plenty of room for all of my filters, battery charger and all the other accessories I have. I'm planning on buying an SB-600 flash soon, and there is still plenty of room left to put that in there as well.

As far as the size concerns, I'm 5'6" (a girl) and this bag is perfect for me. The chest and waist straps are right where they should be. I can see however, that this bag might be a little on the small end for someone much taller than me. I do know that lowepro makes larger backpacks, and some aren't much more expensive, maybe even cheaper than this one. Just something to think about.

Over all, I am very satisfied with this purchase, and would reccommend it to others! THanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really an absolutely great camera backpack, August 3, 2009
I've been using my Lowepro Micro Trekker 200 for about three years now and it is an excellent product in every respect. I don't even have anything to nitpick about! This bag is very well constructed, extremely durable, nicely designed and like every bag it has its limits. It can only hold so much, but it can hold enough equipment that it has been my everyday bag for almost three solid years of nearly daily use. One of the best products of any kind I have ever bought actually. Looks to me as though it will last another three years or more easily. I find it to be generally quite comfortable depending upon how much stuff I've crammed into it. At a certain point any discomfort is more likley than not to be coming from the sheer weight of all the stuff you've jammed into a bag and not a reflection of the bag's comfort when carrying a more normal, sensible and moderate load. Seriously an excellent product in my opinion and experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Bag!, March 4, 2008
I LOVE THIS BAG!! I have put my nikon d80 (with 50mm 1.8 lens attached), 18-200mm lens, 60mm micro lens, sb600 flash, pouch of 5 filters, battery recharger, expodisc in the pouch, and more! I even attached the tripod to the bottom to see how comfortable it would be to walk around with, and it was amazing! The bag is padded in all the right places, and is so comfortable. Even with all my gear in there, its comfortable to wear, and I'm only 5 feet tall (and a girl- not that that matters!). This bag is great, buy it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Lowepro Micro Trekker 200 Camera Backpack (Black)
Used & New from: $39.01