5.0 out of 5 stars New Nikon Coolpix S8100 Perfect Fit
Published on December 9, 2010 by S. Cain

Published on December 20, 2010 by Ezutguy

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning very slim! Not a good option for the Canon S90 or S95!, December 20, 2010
This review is from: Lowepro Volta 20 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
I bought this for my Canon S95 and it is way to slim to protect it. I did get the zipper to close but the case has no padding inside and it was so tight it bowed over the lens (if dropped flat I'm sure my cam would be damaged). So I went out and shopped the local stores and tried every one I could get my hands on Lowpro, Caselogic, etc. and I did find one that worked perfect for the Canon S95 IMO and it cost half the price too! Its the "Case Logic TBC302" and it was $7.00 locally. It is padded and fits the Canon S95 PERFECT! It also has a pocket that holds (2) spare S95 batteries and still room for an extra card, all in a case that appears smaller than the Volta 20. Amazon has it here if you want to check it out: Caselogic TBC-302 Ultra Compact Camera Case with Storage (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars New Nikon Coolpix S8100 Perfect Fit, December 9, 2010
This review is from: Lowepro Volta 20 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
I bought the new Coolpix S8100 which is a tad bigger than some shirt pocket cameras out there, and while at the store picked up the Lowepro Volta 20, knowing I could return it if the camera didn't fit. Turns out the camera fits in it like a glove - not much room for an extra battery, but exactly enough room for the S8100. Padding is sufficient for protection and the belt loop is a plus. It is stylish and sleek and I am very happy with this little case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice case for camera, mp3 or phone, December 14, 2009
Robert C. (NY, New York) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice little case which can be used for a small camera, an mp3 player or cell phone. It seems to be well made. It has a clean, flat black appearance with an intergated belt loop on the back. It has a double zipper so it can be zipped in either direction. It has an "accordion" hinge so that the case can only be opened so far (which is handy if you use it to carry an item on your belt). It has a nicely lined gray velour interior with a single pocket which could be used for memory cards or accessories. The only thing keeping this case from five stars in my opinion is that there is almost no padding factor to the lining - it's very thin. So if your item doesn't fill the interior, it will float around in there to some extent. Other than that, it's a nice case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Nice, September 22, 2010
Voltaire (Lake Worth,Texas,USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro Volta 20 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
Bought for a Canon S95. Works well, a slot for a battery and memory card. Looks very modern and is easy to put in your jacket, bag, purse, etc. If you have a strap of any kind (belt, purse, bag) the case can be held by the strap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for my S100, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Lowepro Volta 20 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
I wanted a case for my Canon PowerShot S100, and this case fits the bill. It's snug without being too tight.
If you worked hard at it, you probably could cram a spare battery in the case with the camera, but it would be a very tight fit and good luck zipping the case closed. I didn't try it, however.
The case is a nondescript black with a low-key logo that doesn't scream, "Camera! Steal me!" when you carry it. There is a loop to attach the case to a belt or strap, and there is a small pocket inside that could hold a credit card, money or a spare SD card. The two-way zipper is also a nice touch.
This case is all I need as a hands-free way to carry my camera and a way to give it a bit of protection without being overly bulky.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality case for small cameras & electronics, November 30, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
ETA: August 1, 2012. This has ended up being my favorite camera case of them all. It's thin so it fits almost anywhere, yet being hard on the exterior, and soft on the interior, gives lots of protection. My cameras I have stored in this case have NEVER had that first scratch.

I've never seen a camera case quite like this one, it's almost a combination of a hard molded camera case and a soft case. It's nice and slim and doesn't take up much room in my bag. Utilizes a quality, double zipper, and when the case is opened, there are gussets on the sides to keep your camera or whatever you have stored in there, from falling out. It also has an inside storage pocket for a memory card, and a belt loop (double-stitched with heavy-duty thread) on the back.

Currently I'm using mine to store a smaller Panasonic Lumix camera. Any of the smaller Lumix cameras less than 1" thick should fit fine. Whatever you decide to store, don't go beyond 4-1/4" on the length or it may be too snug.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great exterior, but the interior isn't quite soft enough, December 4, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like a lot about the Lowepro Volta 20. The outside shell is hard, but flexible, the zipper is of a nice quality, and there's a tiny pouch inside for a memory card. It also has protective fabric on the sides so your camera won't fall out easily while opening and closing the case.

My one concern is that the interior might not be soft enough. The interior fabric is somewhat rough and thin compared to other cases I have used. I tend to worry more than most people and I feel concerned that the interior might end up scratching the LCD screen.

It's difficult for me to rate this product. The exterior is great, but the interior is just average. When I travel, I plan to use a small soft pack for my camera and then put it inside the Volta, which offers a harder shell to protect against drops and bumps.

4.0 out of 5 stars camera case, February 1, 2013
This review is from: Lowepro Volta 20 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
fits my Panasonic lumix sz7 fine.it's compact but protective. it has a strap for your belt and 2 zippers, there is an inside pocket that holds the camera and a small side pocket for a battery or card.i recommend this case it is well worth the price

3.0 out of 5 stars Too squished!, March 11, 2011
This review is from: Lowepro Volta 20 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
Very tight fit for the Nikon Coolpix S8100. OK for going in your purse to protect the LCD screen, but if you want to carry ANYTHING more, even a slim memory card, it's not happening! I feel that if you have to squish it a little to zip it up, it's not really "protecting" the camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slim Compact Case - No Bells & Whistles, May 5, 2012
This review is from: Lowepro Volta 20 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
PROS:
- Very compact. It would be a really tight squeeze for a pocket, but fits nicely into a purse without taking up a lot of room.
- Solid build. Quality of materials seems to be good. It feels like a hybrid of a hard case and a soft case. The outside is hard with some give, while the inside is a soft material.
- Decent protection. The inside has no padding, but the outside material seems to take shock absorption well.
- Outer material doesn't seem to get scratched/marked easily.

CONS:
- Very small. Must be a small pocket camera to fit well.
- No room for accessories. While there is a small pocket on the inside, I struggle to fit my camera and a spare battery. The battery always flies out when I open the case to remove the camera.
- No straps/carrying handles.
- Belt loop is not detachable. You would actually have to feed your belt through the loop sewn onto the side of the case.

I bought this case with a Sony DSC-HX9V. The camera barely fits. The first time I tried to zip it up, I thought it didn't fit at all. It seems to stretch slightly with use.

I like the small, simple design with the leathery feel on the outside, but I wish it had more room for supplies (memory cards, batteries, etc). It's great if you want to store it in a purse or backpack and just want a shell to protect the camera in a bigger bag, but if you are looking for a case that will hold the camera and your accessories and you don't wear a belt or like cases that attach to a belt, this case is probably not for you.

This case does not have any straps or handles. Once you remove the camera, you either have to hold on to the case, or find a place to put the case. This can be extremely awkward when trying to take pictures if you use both hands to steady your shot. It is slightly larger than a standard wallet and probably 2-3x as thick. It doesn't fit into pockets well.

Lowepro Volta 20 Camera Case (Black)
$16.99 $4.49