Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 16, 2013
takes a lot of time invested to figure out the settings, pages, inputs and waypoint entry. not exactly intuitive, so everything takes a few tries to figure out. after that, it's a good unit. decent depth/fish finder, good gps. one knock is that when you do a sonar/gps split-screen, you lose the feature that keeps the "you are here" boat icon in the center of the map, and shifts the map around you. if you are running in this mode (and yes, this unit keeps a good bead on the bottom and your location while running 30 kts) you have to constantly adjust the cursor to keep yourself on the map. aggravating, if anyone knows a solution, feel free to respond. I have not installed the free Navionics chip that came with it, but I am getting more accustomed to using the interface, and will likely try that soon. I will update after that.
on August 25, 2013
This fish finder and GPS works excellent. I enjoy all the features of this product. It was easy to install, I used the dog bone setup to position it exactly where I needed it. The GPS takes a little to get use to, as the commands I normally use on my Garmin GPS are not the standard used with the Lowrance. The fish finder works great and I never have a problem in detected the big ones. I shoot the fish finder through the hull and this gave me a clean install with no holes through the hull. Great product! I would recommend this product and this seller. Enjoy!
on December 8, 2012
Great unit. Easy to use. Has all the GPS features I need. Highly recommend it. Found the basic internal map easier to read than the extra "gold" map (especially the depth markings).
on November 24, 2013
Great product. With the additional Gold Card included it is an unbelievable deal. The add on maps alone are worth about $125! Super easy to use.

Basically don't pay attention to the manual. I figured out just about everything by playing with the unit for a day on the water. Menus are easy to figure out. Resolution and accuracy are spot on. We have expensive Garmins on our boats at work and the picture quality is horrible compared to this unit. It shows every depth, contour, hazard, marker, and channel on all of my local waterways (coastal Carolina)

Fish/depth finder is spot on accurate. Finding fish? Sure it picks up stuff on the screen, but how are you going to really judge how well or accurate it is, there can be all sorts of fish under your boat but maybe you just stink at baiting and fishing. Bottom picture is clear and alarm settings are a big help when drifting.
on July 9, 2010
For users in coastal waters, the Elite 5 Gold Navionics Elite Bundle MSD chip provides less detail and less contrast than the Lowrance baseline chart that is included with the basic Elite 5. In addition, the user is required to select different charts when using the Navionics MSD, which is not easily accomplished, but the Lowrance chart allows seamless scrolling over very large areas.

The Elite 5 accepted the power/depth transducer cable from the prior Lowrance M68, even though the M68 has a single frequency sounder. Changing the cutout was easy. The Elite seems to work well with the single frequency transducer.Elite-5 Base US Combo Color w/200 kHz
on August 2, 2013
Just used it on a 4 day fishing trip in the Ocean.GPS is outstanding,showed map of the coastline buoys an it was easy to navigate in the fog.Sonar was great.Still figuring out all the stuff.Can't beat the price.Color is the way to go.Marking way points was very easy,tracking very good. Easy to use.
on April 1, 2013
User friendly, polaroid glass do not distort picture, easy functions, great picture, good value for the money.
But power cord just pushes in with no lock, no exit key and the face cover is an option at $25 extra!!! That is like paying for toilet paper on an airline.
on December 17, 2012
I've had problems getting Lowrance to repair my equipment after it's five years old. As close as I can tell, after five years, you might have to buy a new one if this one breaks.
on December 21, 2014
Great product
on March 22, 2015
Great, Great Product! I don't really fish but use it for depths when cruising in the boat. Wish it had an optional snap-on cover!