Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 27, 2013
I purchased this unit a year a go and within a month, due to my negligence, it was submerged and did not work. I mailed it to Lowrance for service/replacement. I received the unit back in an adequate turn around time. Remember this is warranty work and you are not dealing with a short order fry cook! I am not sure if the unit is the same one I send in but they stated that it would not be covered any more under the warranty. I have been quite careful ever since.
I regret not purchasing a fishfinder/chartplotter combo unit and for the most part I use the unit as a navigation aid. I done most of my fishing in the Biscayne Bay area and keep an eye out on the depth when navigating. I usually plan my trip, arrive at the spot and troll around while using the unit to get a feel for the bottom by observing the screen. I use the Navionics Ap on my Galaxy Note along with four batteries as a GPS (I spend up to 12 hours at a time out) This method has saved me over 300$ from buying a combo and allows me to plan my fishing trips in the comfort of my living room-but I still would have enjoyed having the combo!
I don't have any complains about the screen's visibility in bright light. It usually sits in the shade of my bimini top. At times I have gotten erratic depth readings (2 ft in 14 ft water) but it happens temporarily and it's not a chronic problem. I would think that it has to do with the transducer or voltage irregularities from the boat batteries.
As described by other reviewers the instructions are very basic but with practice and fisherman's patience you will be able to figure them out and apply the features to your specific needs. I know that I have not exploited all the features this device offers.
As noted at the beginning I regret that I did not purchase the FF/GPS combo. Tight lines.
on March 10, 2012
enAs a duck hunter & fisherman in Oregon I was disappointed that within 3 months of installation I had condensation in the screen. Warranty will cover replacement, but I have had to wait for 30 Days for that process.
on July 15, 2011
The unit arrived in good condition. My problem is that the instruction manual, for me, is very poorly written. This is my first fish finder and I have played with it for hours and can't seem to get it set right. For someone who is experienced with these devices the manual might be ok. The manual doesn,t explain the settings or how to use them.
on November 9, 2011
IT WAS A GIFT FOR MY HUSBAND AND HE SEEMS TO LIKE IT OK, THE ONLY THING BAD ABOUT IT IS THAT I HAVE A HARD TIME SEEING WHAT THE ICONS ARE ON THE SCREEN WHEN WE ARE OUT IN THE BOAT. EVERYTING ELSE SEEM TO WORK JUST GREAT.
on October 12, 2011
I purchased this item because I was told that it used the same transducer, cable, and plug as the FishMark 480 that I had that died. Well, the plug fit but that's about all. Wouldn't work with the old transducer, but it tested just fine with the one included in the new package. Looks like it'll all work well once I get the new transducer installed.
on September 7, 2011
It is easy to use and install. Very good product would recommend to other fishermen. We have already successfully use it.
on September 22, 2011
I am an experienced fish finder user and like to run the unit in manual mode. I found a problem where the unit will loose track of the digital depth if the lake bottom where you are at exceeds the range you have selected. If the unit is set for 30 ft, and you enter water deeper than 30 ft, the display will show around 2 ft. After talking to support, they confirmed that the Mark and Elite models do not have the ability to display digital depths greater than the selected range. The unit works great in the auto mode.
on May 24, 2013
works quite well in the channels and the shalolows of the bays here in Kentucky, fishes show well as does depth, I rarley go fast and I know most of the depths and it keeps up very well too
on March 11, 2012
Works excellent at recording depths as little as one foot.
Shows bottom structure very well. Shows fish but cannot verify the accuracy of the fish finding.
on August 16, 2014
I can see the depth and temp numbers but the unit is hard to see outdoors, I have adjusted the brightness and contrast and still have a hard time seeing the display.