5.0 out of 5 stars Good Mid-Pitch Cowbell
This cowbell has a medium volume mid range pitch to it, lower than some of the lighter weight cowbells, but not as deep or as loud as most 6-7" cowbells typically are. This cowbell is very solidly constructed and should stand up well to most drummers.

Published 7 months ago by Mr Tall

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described
It's fine if you want a 5 inch cowbell. It was described as 9 inches. It's not. It's barely 7 inches, including the hardware. I have one this size, I wanted a bigger one. I sent it back. I'll give it 1 star, only because it's not as described. As I said, if you want a smaller cowbell it's fine.
Published 1 day ago by Nancy Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Mid-Pitch Cowbell, January 25, 2014
This review is from: Lp Lp204a Black Beauty Cowbell (Electronics)

One slight surprise I had was that this cowbell was a bit smaller than I had thought it would be, so be sure to pay attention to the overall size only being 4-7/8" long (not including the bracket).

5.0 out of 5 stars Large, loud and lovely sounding, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Lp Lp204a Black Beauty Cowbell (Electronics)
This is probably the most used cowbell for drum kit playing, although for Afro-Cuban percussion it's one of many percussion voices. Since I play styles that sometimes have an Afro-Cuban rhythm this is a great general purpose bell.

If you want a bell that you can play hand held or mounted, this is the one. It's relatively large at 4 7/8 inches long (the bell itself, not counting the bracket). The sound chamber is large and guarantees that this will cut through loud, amplified music. The mouth is 3 3/4 across by 2 1/8 inches, tapering to 2 3/4 across by 1 3/4 inches at the butt end where the bracket is welded to the body. In other words, this is one gigantic cowbell that was designed to be both heard and musical.

The fundamental is a medium low pitch, and the bell easily settles into the mix in live and studio playing. What I love is the many different tones and pitches you can get from this bell depending on where you strike it and how. A stick shank across the front and top of the bell produces the loudest notes, but if you play with the tip of your sticks in the center you can get some interesting low volume notes from it as well.

It is designed to be mounted on a 3/8 inch rod - 9.5mm - or can be held and played. I mount mine on a Gibraltar L-Rod Adjust Clamp when I do use it. If you are looking for a good general purpose cowbell to add another sound color to your palette this is an excellent choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality at a good price, July 26, 2007
A very nice cowbell. I just wish you could hear the tone prior to buying--it's difficult to determine without. This is pretty close to what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Added to drum set, October 2, 2013
This review is from: Lp Lp204a Black Beauty Cowbell (Electronics)
My son was very pleased with the quality addition to is drum set. I have to say ---- Give me more cowbell!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Cowbell!!!!, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Lp Lp204a Black Beauty Cowbell (Electronics)
Its a small discrete cowbell that has a nice punch to it, if your looking into buying a cowbell go ahead and purchase this one you wont regret it. I have mine set up with the latin percusion small claw that attaches to my cymbal stand completes my set

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by THE BRUCE DICKINSON, March 21, 2013
This review is from: Lp Lp204a Black Beauty Cowbell (Electronics)
This is the exact same model used by Will Ferrell in the famous SNL skit (watch the video - the sticker is identical). I bought it for my 2012 Halloween costume. Interestingly, most of my coworkers were in agreement that they did not need more cowbell. High quality model with some serious heft. Also, if you want to lower its volume, I recommend putting a new, dry dish sponge inside to mute it a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must to have !, January 30, 2012
This review is from: Lp Lp204a Black Beauty Cowbell (Electronics)
Love the sounds, not need to put tape or anything to control echo. Looks great in my timbales set. Got it on sale and tax free :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, September 17, 2014