Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on May 18, 2010
I use Lucas Oil Stabilizer in a 1996 Dodge Caravan, base model, 2.4 L DOHC 4 cyl with automatic. I started using Lucas' Synthetic Oil Stabilizer and Wal-Mart's Super Tech 10W-30 full synthetic oil when the vehicle had 140,000 miles on it. I purchased the van with 136,000 miles and ran a couple of regular oil changes through it to check the condition of the engine and flush some abuse out of it.
Between then and now the engine is much cleaner inside. It is quiet, smooth, and runs BETTER than ever! Part of this is due to good lubrication and partly to preventative maintenance. Take care of your vehicle! In conjunction with using the Lucas synthetic additive and synthetic oil I use an oversize oil filter. The OEM filter in Purolator is L10241. It is about HALF the size of a soda can. :( Checking, there is clearance on my engine for a Purolator L40316. It has the same gasket and threads as the L10241. Its original application was for Volvo turbo diesel. It is about FIVE times bigger and holds an extra quart of oil. :o Much improved volume of flow to the engine, especially cold, greater ability to hold dirt.
The van currently has over 193,000 miles on it. With 1,400 miles on the current oil change it has used about 5 OUNCES!
I attribute the long life of this engine in large part to Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer.
I also use Lucas Synthetic Stabilizer and synthetic oil in my riding lawn mower and push mower.

Ammo Guy 8-)
Aim small, miss small.
on March 23, 2014
I have a 2003 Buick Regal with the 3800 engine. I purchased this car with 12,228 miles on it. I have been using Mobil1 since 1979. I have also used Castrol Syntech and Amzoil 's 35,000 full synthetic oil. Please note I am not endorsing or knocking any of these products, I am just stating the brands of Synthetic oil I have used. About a year ago I was talking with a mechanic friend of mine and he is not a fan of synthetic oils. I told him no matter what brand of synthetic oil I used I always had to continue to add oil to my engine. He told me Lucas Oil Stabilizer may stop my use of oil. I told him I do not think any of my vehicles are burning oil but everyone of them is using oil.

When I was in an automotive dept I noticed the Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer and purchased it. I have been using it now for about the last 25,000 miles. I currently have 236,000 miles on this engine. I added 1 quart to 3.5 quarts of oil. At first I did not notice any thing and felt Oops I just bought some Snake Oil. I found myself still adding oil, but I noticed my engine was running so much smoother and quitter. So I kept purchasing and using with every 5,000 mile oil change, but now I just add a 1/2 a quart with my oil.

Now comes the huge change. In my last 5,000 miles I was feeling cheap one day and I seen how expensive major brands of synthetic oil is getting. So I took my time at Wal-Mart and checked all the prices, then I come upon Super Tech Synthetic Motor Oil. ( Wal-Mart's House Brand) I read what the bottle had to say and then I read a few other major brands. Same ratings, same quality oil claims. I called my buddy the mechanic and he said the only oil he uses in his personal vehicles is the lowest price Super Tech he can find on the shelf. I thought what the heck I am going to save $10.00 and I will give it a shot. Well, here is the truth. My car never ran so good in the last 5,000 miles using 1/2 quart of Lucas Pure Synthetic Oil Stabilizer & 4 quart's of Super Tech Full Synthetic Oil 10 w 30. And I have not added 1 drop of oil in my most recent 5,000 miles. When I pull away from a stop light my engine has snap. When I floor it passing on the Hwy just goes like heck. I am also Lucas in my Transmission and in my Gasoline.

I don't know if I found the perfect formula, but in the last 5,000 I have not added a drop of oil. So since 1979 I have been adding oil regardless of brands. Just think of the money I poured down the hole. I also have a 1997 Chrysler Town & Country with 210,000 on it. I also add oil to that engine with no evidence oil burning. On my next oil change I am going to try my new formula. I will report back. Just a note I continued to use synthetic oils because I felt I was better protecting them and I do live in a climate that when it is cold it is below -0 and we can also see 100 + in the summer. All of my vehicles have 1979 have seen 150,000 miles at minimum and a maximum of 250,000 without ever spending a penny one engine repair.
on August 15, 2013
Used in a fleet: 5 3500 sprinters, 21 ford E350's gassers and diesels, 2 2010 3500 chevy express's, 3 2005 ford focus's,1 ford windstar, 1 international 7600 sfa with a cummins ism 385v engine, all these vehicles have anywhere from 100k to 400k miles, high idling all day vehicles. and even used in my personal 2005 corolla, and 2000 silverado and my 2009 polaris xp 550 4wheeler.
Been using since april 2013 and It quiets and smooths out how all the engines run and seems to slightly increase power. Each one had some sort of improvement in smoothness and drivability. and especially on the gas engines you can definitly hear the improved quietness of the valve train( ie: lifters, timing chains).
On my 6.0 fords they use high oil pressure to fire the injectors, they all just run better, its a diffenrence i can feel and hear.
I have tried other oil additives (Hotshots secret and sea foam) and niether made a difference like this.
Take it as you may, but i have pretty good sucess with lucas products
on November 21, 2011
This is a great product! I have used Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer for several years in many applications in about a 1:5 ratio. I use this in my Ford auto trannies with Redline Synthetic ATF or Royal Purple Max ATF and ATP filters, in a Volvo manuual trans with Royal Purple Type F Synthetic Racing ATF, in differentials and transfer cases with Lucas Synthetic Gear Oil, and in all engines with Royal Purple Oil and K&N oil filters. The combined performance of the Lucas and the high-quality synthetic lubricants makes for cleaner, smoother, and more powerful engines, and virtually wear-free transmissions, differentials, and transfer cases. Regular maintenance is key to keeping your ride running strong.
on January 24, 2011
Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer is a great product. I've used it for a little over two years and have excellent results. Oil change intervals have been extended with no ill effects, felt power and throttle response in both of my cars has increased. Fuel economy has increased and engine wear is expected to decrease significantly. Great stuff!
on July 10, 2014
I use this in my semi truck. I put in 1 gal. with every oil change every 35,000 miles (with Schaefer 5w40 full synthetic oil). It's amazing how it sticks to the internal engine parts so you don't have dry starts. Even after taking a long weekend, still starts smooth. You can definitely tell the difference on whether it's in there or not.
on April 20, 2014
Great quality product use in all my vehicles, saves gas, lubricates engine parts on start up. Cheaper to buy this way than your local auto parts store.
on January 2, 2015
I use this in everything, including my '91 Mazda MPV, with 345,000 miles on it and burns no oil.
on November 30, 2013
$122 for 4 gallons?? Back when I purchased 4 gals on Amazon it was 30% less. It is less to by in a retail outlet or truck stop vs $122 for 4 gallons. $30 a gallon????????
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2014
The only way to buy this!