5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable

2.0 out of 5 stars My revised review 7/8/2013
Published 14 months ago by Jim Gordon

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, November 29, 2012
em04 (United States) - See all my reviews
I spent a lot of time reading reviews on these, and ended up buying this one, despite it having no reviews. First, let me say that I think if you have a medical condition (back problems, etc.) and are very particular about the softness/firmness/feel of your mattress, you should NOT be purchasing a mattress pad online! Go to a store where you can try it out and lay on it first. It seemed like most of the negative reviews for mattress pads on Amazon were from people that should have done just that. That being said, if you're like me and just enjoy a wonderful, comfy, cozy bed that you don't want to get out of, you will probably be very happy with this.

It took about a week and a half to arrive, and I'd been sleeping on my really uncomfortable old mattress, so I was anxious to get it set up. I put it on the porch to air our and decompress from afternoon until bedtime. It did have a noticeable over, but it wasn't overwhelming. I put it on at bedtime, even though it wasn't fully decompressed, and put my mattress cover/pad over it. There was a smell if I stuck my head close, but with the blankets over me and my head on the pillow, I didn't smell anything while I was sleeping .In the morning I took the sheets off and put a fan on it all day while I was at work, and the smell is fading quickly.

The mattress is thick, and feels like it's good quality. It is "real" memory foam, when you push in it leaves an imprint that slowly rises back up. I don't think it's too soft or too firm-- it's supportive, yet you sink into it. In hindsight, I probably would've been just as happy with the 2" pad, and it's cheaper, but this is definitely comfortable.

My last Queen-sized mattress pad was several inches smaller than my mattress, which left an annoying gap on the sides and bottom. This one is the right size for my queen bed, maybe an inch or so off, but barely noticeable.

I'm not sure why it's described as "ventilated." It doesn't have the ventilation holes like in the picture for the 2" one. It just looks like regular memory foam.

I'll try to remember to update this review after awhile to see how it's holding up!

2.0 out of 5 stars My revised review 7/8/2013, June 16, 2013
I weigh 275 and have multiple injuries so have had a lot of experience over the years with buying toppers. Value is somewhere between a worthless waffle foam topper from a department store, and a very expensive high end brand with dense foam. I got marginal relief from the 2 inch pad from Amazon for $50 and decided to try spending twice as much on this 3 inch product. It is mostly as described with perforations every 4 inches to increase breathablilty. It is one inch too short for my full and is 2 inches too narrow, which they have done to increase their profit margin - notice they do not give exact dimensions in the description. It was wastefully overpackaged with 3 nesting boxes for an unbreakable item. It is vacuum packed is a clear bag, rolled up in a clear sheet. It recovered very quickly in my 85 degree Florida room and I kept it out there with the windows open for 24 hours as the odor was fairly strong. I'm pretty sure that it would smell less, but need 2 days of airing, in a 70 degree room. It did not offer the feeling of sleeping on a cloud because of my weight, but does feel better than a 2 inch memory foam product. It feels no hotter than any other mattress and is perhaps a bit less clammy, and less likely to mildew, because of the perforations. If you weigh less you will likely be very happy with this 3 inch pad for the moderate price. Thank you to all the reviewers who have made my Amazon shopping easier, and also to the amusing cross-eyed reviewers who have been entertaining.
Revision 7/8/2013 After 6 weeks of use I now wake up early with burning pain in my hips. The foam slowly settles, more than a quality foam formulation would do. The warranty card with the item states that a permanent depression of up to 1 1/2 inch is 'normal' and not covered by warranty. Right. You know what to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, Comfortable Mattress Topper, February 1, 2013
This review is from: 3" Lucid® by LinenSpa Memory Foam Mattress Topper 3-Year Warranty
We purchased this King-sized 3" Lucid memory foam topper to make our Sleep Number mattress (which we love) even more luxurious. I was interested in doing so after a recent trip to the mall. Our existing mattress is almost 10 years old, and I was curious what a replacement would cost. I tried out a Sleep Number with a memory foam topper in their store, and while I was blown away by how comfortable it was - I was equally aghast at how expensive it would be to purchase it! So I decided to do some research and see if I could re-create that comfort with a new topper on our existing mattress.

We chose this topper because of the "cool cell" technology and the price. I also liked that it is 100% memory foam, unlike a competitor product from Walmart, which was the next-lowest price. In this economy, more memory foam for less money decided the issue. We ordered the 3" Lucid.

I was surprised at how small the box was - and yet it was pretty heavy. I opened the box in the spare bedroom and let the topper open up and air out for 48 hours, per instructions. We didn't notice any horrible off-gassing, but I have family in the foam business so maybe I just understand what foam is supposed to smell like. After 48 hours, I put the topper on the bed and fidgeted until it was time to lay down.

My husband has had vertebrae fused and has to sleep on an extremely firm surface, and I was nervous that he wouldn't like the cushy-ness of the topper. We were both pleasantly surprised to find that this topper doesn't hold you in place or make it difficult to turn in the night. I slept so deeply the first night, I didn't realize it, but in subsequent nights I noticed my husband's snoring has drastically reduced. He reports he is sleeping more deeply and that the pressure points are greatly relieved without sacrificing the firmness he has to have.

I'm totally in love with this topper on our Sleep Number. The cool-cell technology must work because I'm an extremely warm sleeper, and this topper hasn't made me warmer in the least. I don't know that I've re-created the expensive model I tried out at the mall, but I do believe I've come close - and for around a hundred bucks! If that's not a win-win, I don't know what is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, February 3, 2013
First let me explain why it only got 4 stars.

1. It does smell like really strong nail polish
2. It was cut in a manner such that it was actually 1 inch short on one side of our mattress. Not a big deal, but we paid a lot of money and we expect to get our money's worth.

As Far As Other REviewer's complaints:
I read through lots of reviews on lots of similiar products and especially on this product. I can say that the smell on our mattress is not so bad that we didn't sleep on it the first night we had it. I only aired it out for 6 hours on my bed and then we slept on it that night just fine, but it is winter and cold, so that may have something to do with it. I can also say that ours is ventilated, like it claims. It also did fluff out to the full 3 inches. Last but not least, the mattress topper does not make me hot. It's been cold the last few days because of the weather and I have also been cold in bed, piling up the blankets. I kind of wish it insulated heat better, but that's not really what it's made for.

Good Stuff I liked
My husband, who only sleeps like 5 hours a night and usually just tosses and turns says that he slept so good he felt like he could have stayed up for days. So this is definitely saying something, becuase he's such a light sleeper that he usually never sleeps well. And he did, stay up for almost half of the next night just because he slept so well the first night and he said again that he slept really well.

I can say that for years now I haven't been sleeping well. After I had my kids, I always had to keep tossing and turning becuase my hips would ache and my arms would go numb. So far I have not experienced that problem anymore on this new mattrress topper. I slept so good last night that I woke up refreshed for the first time in a very long time. I didn't feel like I needed that extra 15 minutes anymore, I just woke up and was actually awake, and not really still tired, like I usually am. So I am definitely impressed. It is extremely comfortable. I'm glad we made the purchase and I plan on buying two more for my children's beds as well. This is going to add quite a few more years to mattresses that we previously thought we would be replacing this year, so we saved a ton of money. We're so pleased that we are contemplating never buying another mattress and just continuing to buy these mattress toppers. It's a much cheaper (more comfortable) alternative. So I plan on updating this review in a few weeks, then a few months to let you know how it's holding up. So far so good.

Update At 1 Week of Ownership:

It's been a week or two now that we've had the topper. This smell was pretty much gone in a few days. It's still as comfortable as ever. I have woken up wide awake since we got it, which is definitely an improvement. I used to wake up tired in the morning and drink lots of coffee all day to survive till bed time again, but now I wake up with energy and it's really nice not to feel sick every morning. My husband still says he sleeps great and I have seen quite an improvement in both of our moods. I will say, that it does slide, and I wish the product came with a protecter sheet thing that attaches to the bed to prevent all the sliding. Also, I am still a little dissapointed that it doesn't quite fit our bed becuase when it does slide, I somehow always end up with the 5 inches of bed instead of topper! But I will still be buying a few more for my kids. A really big plus is my decrease in caffiene consumption :)

Update at 1 Month of Onwership:

It does take some time to adjust to the mattress topper. So I would say if you seem to not like it within the first week, just hang in there, becuase it you will need to recreate your whole sleeping habits. I used to lay in bed for hours before falling asleep, now I fall asleep within the first 30 minutes. So then I was waking up really early fully rested, yet it was still like 4 am! So I had to start staying up later to get up in the morning at a reasonable hour. Which made me cranky for a while as I am not a night person. Some of the reviews have talked about back problems, or turning over and waking up constantly, I'd say if you experience any uncomfortablness or awkwardness, that you just give it at least a month before making any final decision about it. It still slides around a lot, which is super annoying, but other than that, it continues to be one of the best purchases I have made lately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, December 5, 2012
It took awhile to air this product out. I would recommend leaving it outside in a protected spot or in your garage for a couple of weeks as there is quite an odor. Once we put it on the bed- it was amazing! If makes the bed feel like our simmons black beauty rest which was almost 2000.00 ! Great change for little money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping like a BABY! Love this Topper!, December 10, 2013
Cadewg (LOGAN, UT, US) - See all my reviews
I was nervous about making an addition to the mattress that my wife and I have enjoyed for the last few years. I sleep ok, usually around 5-6 hours a night, and I thought that was enough. My wife on the other hand, is not a great sleeper, and is often restless. She rarely gets enough sleep to get through the day effectively. We decided that this would be worth a try to see what results we would get. The price was very reasonable, so our thinking was that it would be worth the investment.

WOW! Were we ever pleasantly surprised. Based on the results we are experiencing, we would have paid 2 or 3 times what we paid for this topper. My wife is sleeping soundly through the night for the first time in years. I am still sleeping my normal 5-6 hours, but I am experiencing a significant positive shift in my energy levels and my ability to focus more effectively. My wife is loving the benefits she is seeing in her extra energy, and has commented that her back and neck are not sore after sleeping for the first time in a long time.

We were nervous when we opened the box. After reading a few review about the 'smell' we hoped to not have that problem. There was a slight smell for the first few hours as the topper expanded to full size, but by the time we got it on the bed later that night and added our linens the smell was almost completely gone. We have not experienced any additional problems with smells.

We did find that it is good to let the topper expand to full size. We opened up the compressed package and laid it out on the floor for somewhere around 3 or 4 hours. It was amazing to see the decompression and the full 3" of memory foam take shape.

Very Happy with our purchase. Definitely something my wife and I would recommend, and have recommended to many of our friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great mattress topper, December 19, 2012
I was more than wary of this mattress topper because there are some pretty stinky reviews out there about it, but I couldn't beat the price and figured I could send it back if it were really bad. When it arrived, it was incredibly heavy and we opened it about a week later (it was a gift to someone from me). The smell was a lot like sizing on new clothes, or that almost chemical smell of new car or new carpet, which was absolutely TO BE EXPECTED. I have a small house and was worried it wouldn't air out properly, but in less than 48 hours it was no problem. The smell dissipated (although it was still present for a few days after, off and on) and the mattress topper itself felt soooooo good. Seriously, I own a kind size, top of the line, memory foam mattress, and this mattress topper was ALMOST as good to rest on. The density is perfect, the size is the best out there for the price, and the topper turned an old, broken down mattress into something comfortable and enjoyable to sleep on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, September 20, 2013
I bought an 8 inch memory foam mattress that left a lot to be desired. I almost just sent it back. I decided to order this to see if it could fix my problem. It is a dream. Love love love it. very nice quality stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed, September 7, 2013
When I bought this pad I was skeptical about how much difference it would make to a very firm mattress. I deal with chronic joint pain and was ready to buy a new mattress to replace the one that was only a few years old. I live in a small rowhouse and getting large items upstairs is a serious hassle, which was more of an issue than the cost of a new mattress. I didn't expect much, but thought I'd give this a chance.

To my surprise, this pad works wonders. I have had it for about two months (I wanted to give it a chance before writing the review) and I am amazed at the change in my joints and ability to sleep. I felt a significant difference from the first night. My husband loves the additional comfort as well. Other reviewers have commented on the warmth of it, but we have not found it to be the case. We have a good mattress cover that slips over the pad and feel no difference in temperature. I have had mattresses with pillow tops and this is significantly better.

As mentioned in other reviews, there is a light chemical smell, but it dissipates quickly. I used the pad on the day it arrived (my joints were really painful that day) and the smell was noticeable, but by the next day or two it was gone. If you are hyper reactive to odors, I suggest letting it air out in the open air, garage or patio for a day or so.

If you are looking for additional comfort, do yourself a favor and buy this.

I highly recommend this pad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my mattress and my back!, May 14, 2013
This is the best purchase I have made so far this year. I was waking up with a sore neck and back for so many months in a row. I'd gotten into a rut of just dealing with it, until I saw how affordable these foam mattress pads were. Better quality than the ones you'll find at Bed, Bath & Beyond or Target, and way more comfortable.

There is a nice firmness to the pad, without being too hard or too soft. It's just right! I bought some feather pillows to go along with it, and I feel like I completely reinvented my sleep cycle.

A definite must have for anyone suffering from occasional soreness and cramping!

Rate and Discover Movies