|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $10.00 (67%)
Lucid: Book 2 (Brightest Kind of Darkness) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 328 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Book 2 of 4 in Brightest Kind of Darkness (4 Book Series)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, read author blogs, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
After finishing Lucid the one thing that stood out for me that I would like to have known before reading it, is that Ethan is basically not in the book until the last 20%. I have to say I missed Ethan. Ethan is such a wonderful hero, so protective of Nara, and I was constantly thinking when is he coming back. I wanted more of that beautiful sweet romance that was present in BKoD. The romance is still there in Lucid, but due to the Ethan's absence it has a much different feel about it. But boy is it GREAT when Ethan does return.
Overall Lucid was a great second book, but not quite as good as the first. A good test of the second book is do I want to read the third? Yes, I am eagerly awaiting the next one.
Will I read it again? Yes
Would I recommend it? Yes
This novel was just as well written as the first, and was full of just as many twists and surprises - keeping me on my toes the entire time. Nara and Ethan's relationship develops further in this book, which I loved. The romance wasn't to syrupy or corny - like some young adult novels can be. I found it to be very sweet and swoon-worthy. The interesting plot concerning Fate and the battle that they are fighting in is very intricate and well detailed - which really drew me in and had me invested deeply in the story. I still find the concept of fighting Fate as an entity fascinating and the author definitely keeps the mystery and action charged throughout the novel. The reader is able to see obvious character growth in this second novel, and the storyline only gets more interesting as the series progresses. I will definitely be eagerly awaiting the next book in the series to be released. Highly recommended for fans of paranormal fiction that is outside the norm.
Disclosure: I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
To summarize my issues with this book:
1. Nara chooses NOT to tell Ethan about all the horrible things that are happening to her. Why on earth does she feel it is ok to not tell him, the man she loves, all about the deaths and danger and thievery and deceit that seems to be following her every waking moment? If I were her, I would have called him AS SOON AS IT HAPPENED. He needs to know. I'm sorry. She's being stupid.
2. Has she suddenly lost the ability to put two and two together and realize the gravity of the situation she's in? When did she become so naive, dim-witted, and self-absorbed that she can't see what's right in front of her?? 'Cause in the first book, she was intelligent and had a solid outlook on life. Now, though....Now she can't even acknowledge that she's in trouble. It drove me so crazy I had to stop reading. Literally. I put my Kindle under my bed and went to play tennis to cool off.
3. I can't decide if it's her stubborn nature or if she's literally that stupid that the fact that she's almost been killed like 5 times doesn't matter or impact her in the slightest. I can see brushing it off once, even twice. But 5 TIMES?! What is wrong with this girl???
I'm sorry if this review seems harsh. But I had such high expectations for this book.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Ms. Michelle ensanres readers with her brilliant and stunning characters. I simply loved Nara and Ethan. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Ashley
perfect love story. it's a classic that once your done with the series you wanna read it all over againPublished 5 months ago by caroline12
I don't like the way this is heading with them.l hope l am wrong about it l love patch .I he is all the story'sPublished 8 months ago by Melinda Joann Sturtz
Love this book ( series) and will highly recommend it to family & friends! Waiting for the next book pleasePublished 9 months ago by mgm
The first time reading Lucid there was an air of skepticism rolling around. Read more
Thankfully Ethan came home. I love your series. It is different from what I've been reading in a good way. Read morePublished 11 months ago by shimmers1AW
The only reason I didn't give this one five perfect stars was because I missed Ethan so damn much. Honestly, I'm not a fan of triangles and though I don't want to give away many... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Kay
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Angels
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Demons & Devils
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Psychics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Werewolves & Shifters
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult