Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

80%
20%

on June 6, 2011
My guitarron arrived quickly but the box was a little damaged. I pulled out the guitarron and found it to be a refurbished one in my mind. It smells of varnish and I found a dent that had been repaired. I also found a small separation of the upper flattop of the guitar and I can feel the rim is slightly cracked. I was disappointed but I needed the instrument quickly and decided not to return it. The strings seem new and it plays well. The bag was included and its a decent bag. It cost me about $360.00 and for guitarrons thats pretty cheap.I feel that mine is worth the price even with it's small damage but I know that others would not agree. So if you are thinking about buying one be aware that it might be a refurbished instrument. Most Guitarrons run about 700 to 1500 dollars so this is not bad for a beginner. The strings are colored which help you to learn your fingering since there are no frets. I love the strings.
on December 6, 2013
It came on time, has been working ok, no major complaints but it is what you pay for, this is an ok quality guitarron, so if you are looking for something to practice or play with as a hobby this is a really good option; if you are serious about music maybe you want to think of spending more.
on January 29, 2016
I bought this at a shop I think for ~$300 on sale, maybe $350.
Anyway, bought it more as a novelty, as I'm a pro bassist and this thing sounded huge. I play it like a bass (apologies to the real players). It's my upright sound-alike when I record. However, I moved from Colorado where I bought it, to the midwest. The bridge eventually popped out from the crappy glue they used. A family member clamped it back down and now it's ready for new strings again, but I don't have high hopes.
There is also a glued spot where the neck joint was, but I think that was from the shop, not necessarily bad manufacturing (perhaps poor quality though).

Either way, it's a great price for a starter guitarron and a blast to play!
on June 10, 2013
For the money, this guitarron is surprizingly good. Maybe it was an accident; maybe the poor quality vihuela was an accident; I do not know. I bought both instruments at the same time, from the same company, and the guitarron plays well and the vihuela could not even stay intune. This guitarron is not a fantastic quality instrument, but, it is usable and really inexpensive.
on June 21, 2012
It's taking a while to learn how to play this beast with no fretboard inlay to identify the finger positions and the action is pretty high which means the notes aren't exactly where you'd think they should be, but I've added some markers. As with the other review, it arrived with a slight crumple to the neck end of the box, but the styrofoam protected the instrument and it was clear of any obvious defects. The quality of the finish is not perfection, but it's rustic and good enough. The tone is pretty good, although I've already ordered some replacement strings with supposedly lighter tension and which should drop it down to a standard EADG tuning (not sure how i'll complete the top two strings - BE, or CF). Amazon doesn't ship to Canada for this type of item, so I had it sent to a UPS store near the border. Very smooth process - worst part was waiting on the bridge to cross the border. Declared it to the border agent and there was no hassle whatsoever.
44 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse