Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

91%
Format: PaperbackChange

on May 5, 2011
Burke's freshman novel tells the powerful and riveting story of Raya Walden, a young woman full of life and ready to embark on all it has to offer her. At first the book appears to be another typical love story, but Burke takes the reader down a different road, following the heart wrenching trials of Raya's life and love, found and lost. Fluid, descriptive writing and a roller coaster of emotions bring the reader right into the story with Raya.

Not every romance results in a happy ending, but like Raya, those who fight to survive will find meaning and grow from the experience. Join Raya in her struggles on her journey to understanding and spiritual transformation. It's a twist on an old fashioned love story...full of love, heartache, fulfillment, tragedy, and sacrifice. Even if you prefer happy endings, this one is simply bittersweet. I'm an avid reader of fiction and this book ranks right up there with Nicholas Sparks for giving the reader a firm punch in the gut at times. Well done, well written, and just fabulous - keep a box of tissues nearby. Someone better pick this one up for the big screen.
on January 2, 2012
Lucidity is a must read! Be ready for a fabulous love story that will take you on an emotional ride. For anyone that has experienced heartache and devastation, this story will validate that one must push on and never give up as the best is yet to come.
on September 30, 2013
Raya Walden falls in love during a summer job at the Hideaway Lodge in the Colorado mountains. Jack Castille captures her heart, and she's certain he's the only man for her, but an accident takes Jack from Raya and she's forced to go on alone. Eight years later, Colt Brewer enters her life, and she reluctantly marries him, believing her love for this man isn't what she had for Jack, but she'll give Cole a chance. That's when Raya learns the harsh truth, and she struggles to free herself from Cole before it's too late.
Angela Burke's tale of love interrupted and then coming full circle captured me from the first scene. I love the Rocky Mountains, especially the isolated areas where a person can feel closer to nature. Burke crafted the scenes so well, they didn't distract from an epic love story, but rather added to the emotion. Even the "Ghost" style love story didn't feel stale or jaded, as Raya searches for what is missing in her heart.
The characters in this novel are strong, with their share of life altering events, but they are also human, making it easy to identify with them. I'd highly recommend Lucidity to everyone looking for affirmation there is someone out there for them, no matter where they have to look.
on October 2, 2013
Of this be assured, Angela Burke writes clear, clean, and rhythmically readable prose. Her book, Lucidity, proves that and more. The book reminded me of a fundamental truth: "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars" ~ Khalil Gibran. The book brought home that insight, and exposed an idiosyncratic fact about me as a reader. Empathically experiencing a protagonist's misery and wounding for twenty chapters is physically and emotionally difficult for me. It doesn't hurt the story, just me. For that multitude of you out there who are different from me, I highly recommend the book. For those of you who are averse to witnessing the prolonged torment of a main character, I confess that I finished reading the book, and I expect you will too.
on August 17, 2013
Reading LUCIDITY was an absolute treat! I was definitely drawn in from the first page. This is the second novel from Ms. Burke that I have enjoyed, (the first was Beneath the Mayan Moon). This compelling love story is a must read! I found it impossible to put the book down. The story really got hold of me and I found the characters captivating. There are sub plots a long the way that really add depth to the story. I like the way Ms. Burke developed the characters, you feel you really get to know them. Angela Burke is a talented storyteller with an easy writing style that will sweep you away. You will love her! Hurry and write another novel - I'll be the first in line for it. I highly recommend LUCIDITY to anyone who wants to settle in and enjoy a great story.
on July 2, 2014
A beautiful account of love and life as it unfolds around us...at times with out our permission. Lucidity is the author's telling of a story of love and loss that touches the heart and encompasses the reality of modern life in a fantastical way. Open your heart and mind for a story that will hold you captive as much as any great love has ever done.
on September 6, 2013
A very compelling read that drew me in instantly. It is a heart wrenching read but well worth it. Great characters and fast-paced. I would recommend this book.
on June 14, 2013
What an interesting, sad but uplifting book. I thoroughly enjoyed it an bought her next book. Good book! Keep writing these inspirational stories.
on April 1, 2014
Loved this book. A love story that takes you through all kinds of twists and turns. Write some more books Angela!!
on August 31, 2013
Great book! I enjoyed this book and could not put it down! I want to read more of her books!