4.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe the ignorance
Published on October 18, 2007 by new york editor

3.0 out of 5 stars good outsiders view
I was expecting an "authentic" Jamaican to have written this so i was a little disappointed by that. However the recipes are a good interpretation of local dishes and most are quite easy and stay true to local Jamaican cuisine.
Published on May 19, 2007 by Dericka D. Ebanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe the ignorance, October 18, 2007
This review is from: Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen (Hardcover)
I must say, I'm floored by some of these negative comments. But then again, I shouldn't be -- idiocy is alive and kicking. Do you have to be Italian to write an Italian cookbook? Or French to write a French one? As someone who is intimately involved with cooking and restaurants, I can tell you the notion that good cooking is "in the blood" is a bunch of nonsense. Some Jamaicans (my parents were born there)appeared to be captivated by this notion.

I've scoured this book, and the recipes are enticing. Judge the author on the quality of her work. If not, go live in a cave and take your hidebound ideas with you. By the way, everyone has their ideas of what "authentic" means. I can cite multiple variations of lots of "traditional" recipes. No one owns "authenticity."

P.S. A true Jamaican knows Jamaica is an enormously diverse country.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop Hating!, October 17, 2007
This review is from: Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen (Hardcover)
I feel compelled to disagree with at least two of the other reviews. Granted I am biased being that we are family, but if you want to see less gratuitously insulting commentary on an exceptional piece of food writing look at the reviews of the first printing of this book from 1997. These comments were written before Lucinda Quinn became nationally known through a radio show and tv appearances and will better reflect people's opinions rather than the bitter responses of spiteful haters.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so great!!!!, June 5, 2010
This review is from: Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book!! I have a West Indian background, my parents are from the islands, so I was a little skeptical about the book at first, however after trying many of the recipes I can say that it is a great book. For those who know very little about Jamaican cooking this book is a great introduction book. And those like myself, who are accustomed to North American food but enjoy grandma's traditional Island cooking, you will love this book. This book is filled with great pictures and easy instructions that anyone can follow!!!! Enjoy this book...I definitely have!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen, November 4, 2006
This review is from: Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen (Hardcover)
This is a very good book to get if you need to cook some real authentic Jamaican food. The recipes are easy to understand and the ingredients are explain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great authentic recipes, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen (Hardcover)
I am Jamaican and can attest to the fact that these recipes are authentic and this book is a great resource for may family because the pictures are amazing and the instructions really do produce an amazing dish. I bought two copies one for me and one for my mom who is a wonderful Jamaican cook and she enjoyed the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen., July 12, 2012
This review is from: Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen (Hardcover)
I am pleased with the layout of this cookbook; it is easy to read and the ingredients are attainable and easy to reproduce. I am pleased to know that it is written by someone who has actually been to Jamaica throughout many years and has kept the recipes true to the island cuisine. I have found it to be a good and easy reference to making great food.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice recipes will even purchase another as gift, August 14, 2010
ML, NY (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen (Hardcover)
nice recipes, easy to follow and authentic. All hands are different so something that a born jamaican grew up on may be different than another household in a different parish. bravo ms Quin you have captured the spirit, the style and the spice of Jamaica!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jamaican Recipe Book, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen (Hardcover)
I bought this book because I knew it would have a recipe for meat patties, which are my absolute favorite meal when I travel to the Caribbean. This recipe book has so much more than just the basics and favorites; it has meals and recipes that I have never heard of and I consider myself pretty well-read on the subject. The pictures and stories that go along with the recipes are good. If you purchase this book you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars yum, October 15, 2011
This review is from: Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen (Hardcover)
Easy to read and follow. The food tastes great. I have all of Lucinda Scala Quinns book. Love her show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen (Hardcover)
My friend was overjoyed in receiving this cookbook (it's actually the third one I'm sending her). Nothing is greater than a cookbook with beautifully coloured photographs of the dish you are about to prepare. She is enjoying all 'jerk' dishes

Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen
Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Hardcover - April 7, 2006)
Used & New from: $7.98