on July 14, 2008
I heard K.J. at Ft. Greene park in Brooklyn last Summer. When i entered the park she was just about to play Little Problems. I dug it after a little bit because it has a nice groove. :)

Then she followed it up with He's Not Coming Home (the fourth track on this album). While her explanation left me clueless as to how to follow the song, once they started jammin' I knew exactly what to do! lol It's my favorite cut on the album -- and the one that made me buy the album right there on the spot (for the same price Amazon is asking for)!

K.J. does music. You can't really put a type on it, except "good." :) You'll note on the album's track list that there is the What's My Name trilogy. In this trilogy you'll hear 3 completely different sounds.

The music is good (and indeed, if not for that i wouldn't be pleased), and i like hear lyrics. Some make you laugh either because they are funny, or because you were totally thinking she was gonna say something else. Or you were wondering how she was going to tie up the other half of a line. There's a good amount of managed personality (meaning "she" comes across, but it is done professionally).

Of the 12 tracks on my album (I don't have that bonus track), i listen to 8. That's a *good* album. I'm happy with every cent i spent.

I wrote to the email address to congratulate those involved with the project, and K.J. emailed me back to say thanks and share her favorite tracks. How cool is that!? I'll tell you -- 4.33 out of 5 cool.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on October 27, 2014
She is the best! For those of you not familiar with this artist make yourself know to her work. I'm sure you will love her as I do. Great voice. Over the rainbow is so special when song by K.J.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again