Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lucky Brand Men's 181 Relaxed Straight-Leg Jean in Old Carriage
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 16, 2014
After years of searching for the "perfect jeans," I finally discovered Lucky Brand, and have worn them exclusively for many years. In the past, I've always bought directly from the store. When ordering online, I decided to conduct an experiment (given the inconsistency in ratings): I ordered one pair from Amazon's site, and another directly from the manufacturer. The two are absolutely identical in title: 181 Relaxed Straight, same waist & inseam, and all the logos & insignias on the product match completely. To be honest, they look exactly the same.

However, these two jeans could not be more different. The denim used in the "official" pair is soft, cozy, velvety, maybe even luscious. In contrast, the denim used in the pair from Amazon is rough, stiff, scratchy, and generally uncomfortable. I wanted to discredit the latter as a cheap knock-off, but as I wrote, it unequivocally bears the seal of the Lucky Brand company.

After looking closely, I was finally able to find a subtle deviation in the "style" code hidden underneath the tags. The good pair is coded 7M10828, whereas the bad ones have 7M11748. At the time of this writing, this code can be found in the product description, so please double-check before placing your order!
review image
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2014
Be careful with Lucky jeans. The 100% cotton are true sized, but 98% are a full size too large. I wear 38x32 and the 98% wore like a very loose 40x32, falling off with a belt. So I ordered these 100% 36x32, thinking they would fit perfect, however I couldn't zip these, so ended up ordering 38x32 100% cotton & they fit correctly. I have read other reviews stating the 100% cotton comes from China, whereas 98% comes from USA.
on March 27, 2014
I've worn Lucky jeans for 15 years ,and never had a problem until they started outsourcing the manufacturing of their products (jeans). When they were made in the U.S. they were the very best . Now that they are made out of the country every pair fits different. I wish I could talk to the person in charge of quality control, I'd be able to show him first hand where he is lacking in his or her job
on December 1, 2014
I've been buying Lucky's for a few years now. The problem is, they always seem to fit different depending on when I buy them. In this case, the 34 long seems to be much too long and the 32 seems to be much too short especially after their first wash. Someone is getting their measurements wrong or something. The 34's are a rarity to begin with but now I have to worry about destroying the legs as I walk on them.

The color is good and the texture indicates I can get a good year or more out of this pair. You can always tell by the stitch pattern. The tag on the inside keeps making me think I left a plastic piece from the tags because it digs into my back a bit wrong. This pair has my belt go through the lucky leather when my other pants don't so I need to get used to that I suppose.

Overall it's a good pair of jeans but Lucky needs to work on their measurements.
on November 14, 2014
Way too long! I have several pairs of Lucky Jeans and as a tall guy I like that they usually run a little long. However this pair/style was extremely long. It was my standard size, but there was no way I could wear them as is -- it looked like I had leg warmers on! So they had to be shipped back.
on January 7, 2015
These are the same style and size as my husband's favorite jeans. I bought him this pair and a regular wash of the same thing for Christmas as his other two pairs (same style and size and brand) are starting to fall apart. Regular wash fit perfectly and are super comfy. These were super stiff and itchy and about 4 inches too long. Back these go. Disappointing as it is always nice to have one pair of dark wash jeans for "dressy casual" events with a button down and causal jacket.
on May 9, 2015
Don't waste your money on these, Worst Lucky brand Jeans I have ever purchased, I have been buying Lucky brand jeans for over 10 years and never been this disappointed. The Denim material was very light weight, way too flimsy to use for these jeans. I tore the pocket and the bottom seam on two of these within two months. I done with lucky.
on May 21, 2014
Don't think they are the real thing. Fabric doesn't feel authentic. Would not purchase again. Only plus was sizing correct.
on May 19, 2015
Have a few pair of Lucky Brand Jeans and has generally liked them, but these are possibly the worst pair of jeans I have ever owned!

Within a few wears they began to fray and rip. This is unacceptable for a relatively new hardly worn pair of jeans.

I truly feel cheated by Amazon and Lucky. Decent denim should last, these barely held out for a season.

Do not buy!
on January 15, 2015
Read a ton of reviews bad and good but the only thing for certain I knew was to order a size larger an did so by first trying on a pair at a local shop but even the length was terrible I would have to get almost 12" cut off but I took a chance an the Amazon ones were shorter than the brand store...unbelievable, these have paid off! I'm a 38x30 got the 40x30 an they are better than even the store...