5.0 out of 5 stars Good helmet - runs small! Check sizing before ordering.
Published 7 months ago by Veritasliberat

3.0 out of 5 stars Small tight helmet, but otherwise nice.
Published 18 months ago by B. Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Small tight helmet, but otherwise nice., January 24, 2013
This review is from: Lucky Bums Snow Sports Helmet (Sports)
First off, I ordered the Matt Black version of this helmet. The company did not list whether this helmet is for adults or kids so that is the first problem. I took a chance and assumed it was adult, and just in case ordered the "Large" size. Helmet finally arrives after a long time shipping, looks the part for sure. There is a lovely black fleece inside There is even an adjustable twisty-knob inside on the back to increase the size so I turn it to maximum then try it on. Ouch, it was way too small! I tried a few more times before giving up with squashed temples. I really have no complaints about the helmet itself, just the advertising of the helmet could be much much better. The company should list head circumference sizes alongside their sizes (there is no excuse not to there is a tag inside the helmet that lists this). I'd suggest trying on some helmets at REI then getting one at least 2 sizes bigger from this company. A point to note - You have to pay shipping to return the helmet (cost me $14 via USPS, to get a signature confirmation), added to that the $7 to ship it out to you and you blow half the price of the helmet itself in shipping charges alone should you order the wrong size, so you better be sure!!! I think these might be kids helmets after all.

Update: I have been to the luckybums website and the head-circumfrence sizes they list are as follows: Adult/Youth Small (54-55cm [21.5"]), Medium (56-58cm [22"-23"]), Large (59-60cm [23"-23.5"]), XL (61cm [24"]). Hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Good helmet - runs small! Check sizing before ordering., December 16, 2013
This is actually a very nice and comfortable helmet, if you can get the sizing issue worked out. It has a nice fleece padded liner and the circumference is easily adjustable using the wheel at the back. It can be adjusted while wearing the helmet, which makes it easy to get the perfect fit. The red color looks great, too... it is a shinier finish than expected based on the photo, but that is considered a plus by the 13 year old it was purchased for.

As for the sizing, they are fine for both kids and adults (the large helmet actually fits me, too). It just depends on the size. It appears that the company lists this sizing:

I found that it is not accurate, and you should plan to buy one size larger than would be indicated by this chart. I did actually measure prior to ordering, and with a head circumference of 57cm, I opted to buy a large (rather than medium as the chart suggests), and it fits perfectly. At the smallest setting it is a little too tight, and at the largest is slightly loose, so that is exactly what I would want for fit. Overall, I would definitely recommend this helmet, especially for the price. Just be sure to measure head circumference before ordering and then size up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lucky Bum Ski Helmet, March 30, 2011
This helmet is looks great and is manufactured very well, the design is functional and offers a good sense of protection. It is light weight and has ok air flow for your average winter day, spring skiing or a warm sunny day and you might get a little warm while wearing this helmet. Two other areas of concern for me are the fact that the dial fit adjustment located in the rear of the helmet is a little big, too far foward and low for my head. This causes undo pressure to be placed at the location where the neck meets the head causing a headache. I also found that certian goggles tend to hit the front of the helmet thus driving the goggle down into the bridge of your nose. This helmet is not the best fitting helmet on the market but the overall price does make up for some of its short falls. All in all on a scale of 1-10 ( 10 being the best) I would rate this helmet at a 6.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product ~ Better Value, December 29, 2010
Franklin "Master" (Alexandria, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Lucky Bums Adult Ski an Snowboard Helmet for myself and my wife.
I was pleasently surprised and the value (for the price) and when received them for our trip out West they were
everything that I hoped they would be.
I have already used them and found them great and were as good as other priced helmets that sold for much more.
The colors are great to match jackets or to stand out vs. what other helmets offer!

5.0 out of 5 stars ski helmet, April 26, 2011
Great helmet. I think the sizing runs a little small. I measured my son's head and ordered to his size, but when I received it was too small. I exchanged for next size and it fits perfect. He loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars A great helmet for my son and a very good price, December 11, 2012
momoftwo (Valley Forge, PA) - See all my reviews
Great helmet for the price. I bought this for my 10 year old and it fit great and has a nice style to it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product For the Price!, June 15, 2011
Very comfortable helmet. Easily adjusts to head and does the job for an affordable price! I have recommended this helmet to many of my sons friends and parents since skiing and snowboarding season is coming up soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars as good as big name brands, sizes run small, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Lucky Bums Snow Sports Helmet (Sports)
First off, I agree with a previous review that stated advertising could be better and the sizes run small. This company DOES make helmets for adults, but the sizing is all off. I am fortunate to live where the company is based, so I was able to go to their warehouse and try them on before I purchased. Glad I did. All of the other brands I tried on, I fit into a medium (my head measures 57cm). Even the size chart on the Lucky Bums website listed a 57cm in the medium size range. Well, after trying them on at the warehouse, I ended up buying the XL. The large might have worked, but the XL gives me the option of wearing a skull cap underneath on the colder days, and the adjustment dial in the back makes it possible to fit with or without the skull cap. Also, if you search around, there are two different style helmets pictured. The one with the three teardrop shaped vents on the side is the current model. All that being said, I am extremely pleased with this helmet. I wore it for the first time the other day and have never worn a ski helmet before. It was so comfortable that I often forgot I was even wearing it. After shopping around and trying on several other helmets of various brands, I still would have gone with this one even if the prices were the same. The fact that this one was half the cost of any comparable helmet with a big name brand is just a bonus to me. And I love the matte black version! If you can figure out the sizing issue, this helmet is well worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars CHILDREN'S HELMET, October 17, 2013
According to Lucky Bum's Website, all of the prodcuts they made are designed for children. I wear a size 7 1/2 baseball cap and this "Large" helmet was WAY TOO SMALL even set on the largest settting. Very disappointed by the product, and really irritated that the maker of this product doesn't take the time to mention that ALL products which fall under the Lucky Bums line are designed for kids.

1.0 out of 5 stars These run so small I'd classify it as defective, February 14, 2013
Nina Sober "amazon shopper" (Bethesda, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lucky Bums Snow Sports Helmet
Bought the medium for my husband and that wouldn't even get on his head (which measures 56cm). then ordered the large. It got on but was tight it was unbearable. But, the medium was a perfect fit for my 5 year old (if he needed a helmet). they were so small it was absurd.

Spend a few extra bucks and get a helmet that is made well and sized for adults.

Lucky Bums Snow Sports Helmet