5.0 out of 5 stars So Sweet
This book was so sweet, a few sad moments but a great story all the way around. You felt for the characters, and boy, were there a lot of them. I've found with most stories, who have a lot of characters, the stories are too over done but this one was perfect and easy to follow. I loved it!

Set in the Big City, Annabel is living the life. She has a good job, a...
Published on September 8, 2011 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading, nice ending!
It starts a little slow. The content only catches your attention in the middle of the book, but, when it does, it becomes a very nice reading, with some nice romance at the end.
Published on December 14, 2012 by Aline

5.0 out of 5 stars So Sweet, September 8, 2011
This review is from: Lucky Charm (Kindle Edition)

Set in the Big City, Annabel is living the life. She has a good job, a wonderful fiancé, supportive friends; life is predictable and safe, until the uneventful happens. Annabel catches her fiancé in an affair and breaks off the wedding. Distraught, she decides going on vacation with her best friend to Paris, it's just the thing she needs. And there, she meets tall, dark and handsome!

Etienne, a French man, is smitten with Annabel the first day he meets her. Love at first sight? Three glorious weeks in Paris and they both believe so but will their love last when Annabel's fiancé comes back in the picture?
Did Annabel go back to her ex- fiancé or did she take a risk and go to her French man? Read the book and find out. I can promise that the story was wonderful, sweet and each character ended up with a happy ending. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars An instant favorite!, August 8, 2011
This review is from: Lucky Charm (Kindle Edition)
This book is amazingly well written! I enjoyed it immensely and the characters came to life from the very first page. I was just expecting another mildly entertaining romance novel, but it turns out this book was so intriguing I've been telling everyone I know they must read this book right away!

4.0 out of 5 stars Book you can settle into and enjoy, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Lucky Charm (Kindle Edition)
Lucky Charm is a very enjoyable read that made me want to grab a comfy chair and a glass of wine, and just enjoy the story.

It was very easy to identify with Annabel, a young woman who discovers her fiancé is having an affair. Annabel has to deal with the fall-out of a failed relationship, as well as the embarrassment of canceling wedding plans, all while trying to keep her emotions under control. With help from her best friend, Lilly, and even some therapeutic target shooting sessions, Annabel begins to put the failed relationship behind her and make positive changes in her life. The last think Annabel expected was to meet an attractive man while on vacation in Paris, but when Etienne enters her life, Annabel is torn between risking her heart in a relationship with a stranger or staying safe in her single status.

Lucky Charm is an easy contemporary romance novel to relate to and enjoy. The characters experience real-life situations and emotions, making it very easy to relate to and get caught up in the story. All of the female characters in Lucky Charm face their own relationship struggles and issues, and they are all a bit different. There is something for every reader to relate to, at least in some way. After all, relationships are complicated, but we all look for that happily ever after. I appreciate that while exploring the hurts of unfaithful relationships, Marie Astor manages to pull in humor and amusement to the story.

I loved the settings in Lucky Charm. Annabel and Lilly live in New York City, and they are independent, smart women making their way in the city. They get to travel to Paris for a few weeks, one of the most romantic cities in the world. The cities fit the characters, and the story line so well. The settings just pulled me into the storyline that much more, and made me wish that I could go to Paris too.

As far as contemporary romance novels go, Lucky Charm is a great novel that I highly enjoyed and recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun read that blends chick lit and romance, August 6, 2011
This review is from: Lucky Charm (Kindle Edition)
Lucky Charm by Marie Astor is a fun,quick read that is equal parts chick-lit and romance.I liked each of the characters, particularly Lilly for forcing Annabel outside of her comfort zone and for helping her realize that the end of her relationship with Jeremy wasn't her only chance for happiness.I loved all of the little details that Marie Astor included about Paris because it made me feel like I was there, experiencing all of the sights right alongside Annabel.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Got a Kick Out of Lucky Charm, December 4, 2011
This review is from: Lucky Charm (Kindle Edition)
Marie Astor's Lucky Charm is one of those books that once I started it, I just wanted to know what happend next. I really enjoyed Lucky Charm and it is this month's selection for the ChickLitPlus reading challenge I've been doing this year.

Annabel Green catches her fiance cheating on her. In the wake of this betrayal, Annabel is lost, uncertain of how to move forward and reclaim her life. Her best friend, an up and coming designer called Lilly Collins, tries to help. She treats Annabel to a fabulous makeover and makes sure she meets new men. However, Annabel still uses any and every excuse to delay jumping back in the dating pool. Worried about her friend, Lilly takes Annabel to visit a fortune teller, where Annabel acquires a special charm that is supposed to bring her luck in love.... but will it? I don't want to say a lot more about the summary because I want you to read it and discover it for yourself. You'll see a few more tidbits below, but only because they pertain to things I really liked about the story.

The first thing that drew me into Lucky Charm was Annabel herself. She's not perfect, but she's also not a simpering idiot. It always helps to have a heroine that you feel like you could be friends with. Annabel's reaction to Jeremy's betrayal is authentic. It doesn't feel contrived or desperate. Nor do Lilly's plans to get Annabel back in the dating game. And if you like the idea of a lucky charm, then the fortune teller gifting Annabel with a talisman is endearing. I think most of us, whether or not we admit it out loud, would welcome any charm that would bring more love into our lives.

I also enjoyed Annabel's foray into Paris. I love reading about places I've visited and saying to myself "Yes, that's spot on". I did just that reading about Annabel's dinner at Cafe Marly at The Louvre. The Cafe at night, and the surrounding area, is one of the most romantic places I've been- just something in the air.

When Annabel learns that Lilly's been hiding a secret that could mean Annabel's not been as lucky in love as she thought, I found myself rooting for Annabel, and for her friendship with Lilly. In fact, my only real criticism of the story is that I thought Annabel overreacted and immediately jumped to the worst possible conclusion when she learned Lilly's secret. That may be me projecting my own practicality into Annabel's character, but even though I felt like Annabel's reaction wasn't completely warranted, I still really wanted everything to work out in the end.

This was a quick read for me. It was easy for me to keep turning the pages to find out what happened next. If you're a chick lit fan, I think you'll enjoy Lucky Charm and I for one am excited to read more from Marie Astor. You can learn more about Marie here.

Note: In the interest of full disclosure, Marie did ask me to review Lucky Charm. As I state in my review policy, a request for a review does not guarantee a positive review. I did genuinely enjoy this story and provided an honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lucky in love at last!, August 3, 2011
This review is from: Lucky Charm (Kindle Edition)
What do you do when the man you are going to marry cheats on you with a business associate? If you are Annabel Green you first try to get over it by retreating into your shell and becoming a semi-hermit, only going to work and then straight home alone.

The fun part of the story comes about when Annabels best friend Lilly, a social butterfly who in the past was always on the lookout for the next Mr-Right-Now, takes things in hand and forces Annabel to update her hair and wardrobe and at least try to date once again.. When this fails to get the required results Lilly invites Annabel to go with her to Paris where Lilly is competing in a fashion design show and reuniting with her long distance boyfriend who has moved back to Paris after being in New York on business.

Going to Paris at first seemed like such a chore, once Annabel got into the swing of things however her excitement over the trip takes over and she researches and plans numerous outings to discover the "City of Love" on her own... Lucky for her those particular plans are soon scrapped as she is swept off her feet and finds the one man who sees Annabel the way no one ever has before, a rocky road to a true HEA but well worth traveling!

Lucky Charm embodies the best of contemporary romance reading, it is serious but fun, full of the spirit of two friends who support each other through good and bad, manages to touch the readers emotions without being overwhelming and is an all out treat to anyone who has ever been "dumped". Annabel's comeback from despair to total joy was a wonderful journey as along the way she discovered that sometime's dreams do come true and making it happen is half the fun!

Contemporary romance/chick lit fans get yourselves out and get a copy, you will be happy you did.

[I have to disclose that this book was an e-arc copy submitted to me by the author via The Bookish Snob Promotions for an honest review and that there is no other compensation from her, the tour host or the publisher except my reading pleasure and enjoyment of the characters depicted in the story.]

5.0 out of 5 stars all it promised and more :-), June 19, 2013
Amazon Customer "!!" (Indianapolis Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lucky Charm (Kindle Edition)
Marie Astor's never let's me down.
Fun, romance , and dreams you never dared dream come true.

This is what should happen when work , love and family all turn sour at once. Your friends come to your rescue and we all get a Happy Ever After.

A great tale well told. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate to be done reading it, June 9, 2013
This review is from: Lucky Charm (Kindle Edition)
This was a really good book. It captured me from the beginning. The only complaint I have is that I wish the author had left the readers in suspense, without filling us in on Etienne's thoughts. Otherwise, it was a great romantic read and I will be looking for other books by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, May 30, 2013
This review is from: Lucky Charm (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this. It a fun concept of course to happen in real life would be amazing :). Read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Read, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Lucky Charm (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this book. I thought of long ago when I was in the same situation and how it turned out. This was a reminder that you always need to look forward.

Lucky Charm