Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lucky Line Flex-O-Loc , 5", Assorted Colors; 1 Per Card (71101)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 21, 2011
Love the concept - I hate normal key chains as I find them difficult to get keys on and off easily. Additionally, normal key chains plain don't work for some items (some fabs etc.) So I think this is a great idea.

However, contrary to other reviewers, I've found this to *not* be very secure. It has already opened up, spilling my keys on the ground, twice and I've only had it about 3 months. And its not like I'm using a ton of keys: 2 fabs and about 6 other keys.

And I can totally see why it happened - the device basically just 'opens' when you bend it inward. When I first put my keys on there I thought it seems like not that secure a system (would have loved a little mini-screw type lock?)

To me the absolute most important thing a key chain should do is 100% of the time not have your keys fall off - if this is at all at risk, in my view it is unusable as a key chain. Two stars vs. one star because, i mean c'mon - this is a sub 5 dollar item so its not like I feel ripped off or anything.
99 comments|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2010
A key ring is a simple thing that never gets much though. Everyone has one and everyone dreads putting keys on or taking them off, if it is the common split-ring. If you have any other type, it probably unscrews by itsself or could break easily. This one solves all of those problems. It open easily when you want it to, but will never open otherwise. No broken fingernails or cut skin. Anyone can work it. Unbreakable. Flexible for better comfort in the pocket.

I don't know why these are not sold in every hardware store. Probably because they cost a buck more than a split-ring. Get one for everyone you care about.
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2009
Until recently I had a galvanized cable key ring, with a twist closure, which I prefer the flexibility of over the standard o-ring. But with time it began to fray and poke as the wires separated from each other. I knew I wanted another cable type key ring but not the type that could fall apart on me. Not only is this that key ring but the locking mecanism is SO much more secure, with a ball/channel closure. No falling apart in any manner!! I've got eight keys on mine, two of which are bulky electronic car keys...perfect fit for all of them!
on April 2, 2013
This key ring is anything for lucky, it opened on me twice and that two times to many when it comes to something as important as house keys, car keys, and other keys. Keys unlock locked things! DO NOT LOSE THEM. No I am not purposely bashing this product. I loved it at first but it opens up under normal use. Do not take that risk please do not.
on March 22, 2011
It takes some getting used to both opening and closing; especially once it is loaded up.
The process is far less cumbersome than the traditional ring style, and more secure than any other alternative. This thing absolutely will not open on its own. It will only open when you want it to.

The twisting motion makes more sense once you have it open the initial time and see how the mechanism works. Then it is just a matter of using it.

Great, simple, effective design.

NOTE: There is another model 81101 that is smaller and FAR more difficult to open, especially when loaded. I made the mistake of ordering one of those for a family member, and as I tried to use it realized what all the complaints were about.
Definitely get the 71101, it is easy to open and stays securely closed.
on October 11, 2012
I really love this key chain most of the time, it is slimmer and easy to get keys on and off.

The problem with this keychain is that it has come unclasped a couple times on me when pulling my keys out of my pocket and my keys flew all over the ground, luckily I recovered them all.
on July 2, 2011
This is now the 2nd order I have placed for these after the first one I go just broke. The stock photo shows blue, but apparently they come in "assorted" colors and now for the second time in a row Amazon sent me a pink one. The first one I had lasted about 4 months and it broke at the "locking" point. The wire simply came out of male metal part of the clip. However for $3.48 I figured I would give it a 2nd chance. Will keep you posted...
on July 30, 2011
Survived more than 15 years of daily use! (Not sure it is this same exact brand, but it is the same item.) I was surprised that the outer plastic wire cover never cracked. Over the last several years, the metal connecting end has gotten soft and occasionally needs some adjusting to maintain a locking shape. Opening and closing is faster and less painful than a traditional split ring. I am going to replace it with 81101 which has a more secure locking mechanism since I don't often need to mess with those keys.
review image
on November 13, 2011
My old keyring started to fall apart after years of good use and I found this to be a good replacement. The design is a little different from most other keyrings I've seen and tried, but not in a bad way. It just works. Keys stay in place. Move around freely and don't get snagged anywhere. Easy enough to get them on and off if needed (have to be careful others don't fall off when you do this as the keyring kind of wants to straighten out when unhooked, but using two hands and just being careful solves this problem). Good price, does the job, and seems like it's going to last quite a long time.
on July 6, 2011
I'm very impressed this. It's lightweight, its easy to put your keys on, it stays clasped together and its very sturdy. That gold part, you press it inward and a little ball will slide out (you know standard ceiling fan pulleys? Its basically a mechanism like that one but stronger.) At first it was kind of hard for me to pop open and I'm pretty strong for a girl. I'd say its 2-3 inches long laid out. It stays in that circle shape very well, its not like a flimsy string or anything like that, its very durable.