5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little black flats

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, painful
Published on October 14, 2011 by Ellen Spicer

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little black flats, February 10, 2012
K. Hansen (Bellingham, WA USA) - See all my reviews
These shoes deserve a rave review! I almost didn't buy them because of the disappointing reviews I read on here, but I am so glad I did buy them! They are exactly what I have been looking for for over a year! Great little black flats, that go with jeans, capris, or dressy outfits, for about 50 bucks! The slouchy style did rub the back of foot for one day, but I anticipated that because that style always rubs my heel wrong, I wore a band-aid for the first day and never have needed one since. I walk almost 2 miles from the parking lot, and to and from my classes, and these are cute and functional! You can't beat these for the price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, painful, October 14, 2011
Ellen Spicer (Fort Smith, AR USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered these shoes one size larger than I normally wear because the toe area looked a bit flat (and it is). I loved everything about the shoes but I could not wear them. They are cut very low over the toes making them too uncomfortable because they dug in to the top of my foot- I have a high instep. I really wish I could have kept them but they had to go back, otherwise they'd be in my closet collecting dust.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: FAKE/very inconsistent from department store quality, January 17, 2014
I LOVE Emmie flats. I have multiple pairs. The pair I received are most likely fake (unless Lucky has an outlet/factory store version that I'm unaware of).

Moral of the story - Buyer beware: if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

As other reviewers stated, the soles were glued on (all of my authentic pairs have stitching in the bottom). Additionally, the signature cloverleaf heel was a square heel. The logo is also smaller than it is on the regular shoes, and the zig zag stitching is different. There is also more cushioning on the alleged fake one's - still comfy, but the real one's fit so well that they feel like a glove.

The good news is, I found these at Marshall's for $30, and those are authentic/consistent with pairs I purchased in the past from Macy's. They actually turned out to be less expensive than what I received via Amazon, and when I compared the pair I got at Marshall's with the one's I received from the seller here, they are very different. I've never had a problem like this from Amazon, and don't know if it was even shipped from their warehouse or an independent seller, so I'm not sure who is to blame.

Just check your product when you get it, or go to Marshall's first if you're looking for a steal! There might be some authentic one's out there but I have highly reasonable doubt that these are not the real thing. Needless to say, I will be returning the pair I received.

2.0 out of 5 stars they look SO cute but kill my poor feet!, February 5, 2012
I ordered up a 1/2 size and was so excited to get these...but they KILLED my feet when i tried them on! so bummed. they digged into the back of my ankle, you can kind of tell by the pic how the shoe angles towards the back of where your ankle would go if you look close :( too bad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really wanted to like these, but the sizing is ridiculous., January 28, 2014
I purchased and returned not one but three pairs of these shoes. The first I ordered in my regular size. They were REALLY tight so I returned them and ordered the next size up. These, too, were really tight, but I got a better feel for them and I thought "The insoles are nice and cushy, the leather is soft, they will make a great pair of every day flats. I'll just return these and get the next larger size. That should finally work." WRONG! I got the next size up (now a full size larger than what I wear) and these were waaaaay too big. Once again, returned, only this time with no hope for a reasonable replacement.There is no happy medium here. I was so disappointed. I had a glimmer of hope, some real promise, and all that was dashed away. I cannot recommend these shoes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shoe, November 25, 2011
I love the shoe,but it hurts around the toe...it a lovely shoe! The shoe is flat, but it could be ok for long walks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Black Flat, October 6, 2012
Love these shoes! I went looking for the perfect black flat for fall. I wanted something I could wear with anything... jeans, skirts, dresses, whatever. I looked everywhere online and in local stores. I wanted something comfortable, quiet, very low to the ground. I don't like frills to anything too trendy that I could only wear with certain outfits. These seemed to match what I was looking for, and I'm so glad I ordered them from Amazon. They had a great price on them and they shipped quickly. Also, these run true to size. I'm a size 9 (sometimes an 8 1/2), and the 9's are perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars very painful, January 20, 2014
Theses shoes hurt more than any other pair I have ever bought. And I bought them 1/2 size larger because of other reviews.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not As Described, April 16, 2013
I work in retail and have to stand on my feet 8 hours a day. In order for me to survive, I have to have leather lining in my shoes. The description features, "a smooth leather upper, leather lining and rubber sole." I was so excited because the shoes came faster than expected. To my disappointment, the flats did not have a leather lining, instead it is man-made. I returned them in a heart beat. If you don't care about the lining, these flats are for you. Plus, I went up half a size because they are ballerina flats. I'm just disappointed because I was mislead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the heavy walkers, May 31, 2012
I usually don't buy flats because my feet wear them out quickly. This is no exception. The outsole doesn't extend far enough in the front, and in the first wear I wore the leather at the very front. If I continue to wear them I'll probably wear a hole through it.

Lucky Women's Emmie Ballet Flat,Bourbon,8 M US