5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous first release
I've owned "Lucy" for about three weeks, downloading it after hearing "October" played on Minnesota Public Radio's 'The Heartland.' I've already played it a dozen times. The biggest disappointment on my recent trip to Texas was that I had no aux jack on my rental car to play it while driving along Galveston Island!

With all the singers and songwriters in her...
Published on February 15, 2011 by Benjamin Henwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent live, could use some work on the album!
Published on October 29, 2011 by Priya86

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous first release, February 15, 2011
This review is from: Lucy (MP3 Music)

With all the singers and songwriters in her family, she nevertheless makes her own mark with this recording. Her voice is similar to her mom's, Suzzy Roche, and she sings with a relaxed, unhurried style that forwards her stories, images and feelings. Her vocals are clear, warm, and inviting. Instrumentation, guitar work, and production values are extraordinarily high. Highly recommended for fans of singer-songwriters.

Two years later: I still adore this collection of songs, maybe more now than then.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, June 2, 2014
This review is from: Lucy (MP3 Music)
The daughter of folk icons Louden Wainright III and Suzzy Roche comes into her own. Lucy combines her parents' sense of humor, ironic insightful lyrics, sweet melodies, and a crystal voice reminiscent of her aunt Terre Roche. I would actually give this album 4.9 stars only because it's not quite as good as her new one, "There's a Last Time for Everything", but it's been on infinite loop on my ipod since I bought it. I also highly recommend the beautiful album Lucy just released with her mom, "Fairytale and Myth."

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching lyrics, remarkable delivery, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Lucy (MP3 Music)
Lucy Wainwright Roche writes touching, sincere and meaningful lyrics, marries them with fitting melodies and delivers them with loads of talent. The result is a collection of songs that are filled with love, despair, hope, pain and beauty. Take these songs along for your own journey, they will prove to be excellent companions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this cd and the singer, April 28, 2012
This review is from: Lucy (MP3 Music)
We just saw Lucy Wainwright Roche play at Eddie's attic in Atlanta (with Over the Rhine) and loved her beautiful pure voice. The cd is calming and pretty.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent live, could use some work on the album!, October 29, 2011
Priya86 (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lucy (MP3 Music)
Lucy Wainwright Roche is the sibling of Rufus and Martha Wainwright. She is an incredible live talent, very charming, fantastic voice, very good chemistry with audiences. I've seen Lucy quite a few times live, she is a regular at Kent Stage and plays very well with the audience. Her voice is fantastic! My only complaints about her music is that it is kind of depressing (she will admit herself that she has a hard time writing happy songs). The tone of each song tends to blend together if you listen to the album too many times. My favorites on this particular album are The Worst Part, Open Season, and October. I can't wait to see LWR develop as a songwriter and singer. I have faith that she'll grow wonderfully in the years to come!

Lucy