Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Style Name: CS8525|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As I sit here trying to write this review, my husband is measuring everything in sight. He is telling me how far I am from him, how far I am from the wall, and all kinds of stuff I am not tuning into. He is in construction so tools are important to him and he tests them all thoroughly.

When I finally managed to pin him down, here is what he said about this Power Tape from his perspective as someone who really uses it:

COLOR- He loves the color because it is easy to find.

TAPE WIDTH- The size of the extra wide rule is excellent, and he likes that it is all feet and inches with no metric system on it.

TAPE THICKNESS- The tape is extra thick which makes it stand out over 10 feet which makes it much easier for one person to use.

DRAG STRIP- You can also control the drag strip with one finger which is also nicer as you usually need two fingers with many tapes. This one is easy and really does drag well with just one finger.

D RING- The ring for the strap is sturdy and very convenient to hang from a belt or hook.

TAPE OPERATION- The operation of the tape is very smooth and easy to control and retracts easily but not too fast to make it frustrating to use.

EASINESS TO READ- Another thing about this tape measure is that it is easy to read, something that will be important to those who might need reading glasses or have a hard time seeing up close. The fine increments you might need glasses for if you are far sighted.

CLIP STRENGTH- Another big thing for him is the clip- it holds quite well, one of his pet peeves about measuring tapes is when they fall off.

PACKAGING- The packaging was tricky to get off at first, but he figured it out pretty quickly.

I also find the tape easy to use too, although I am not as prone to do a LOT of measuring like my husband is always doing.

Well, he is off to measure the rest of the house now before setting off to his next project - this Power Tape is a big hit around here!
VINE VOICEon April 23, 2013
Style Name: CS8525|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love tape measures, and I own several. I have small ones (measures a few feet) and big ones that measure yards (back yards!). Anyway, this one by Lufkin is great for big wood projects--such as sheds. (I've built 2). It is 25 feet long, the numbers are nice and big so its easy to read, and it has black markers for feet and a red marker every 16 inches; so you tell at a glance exactly what you're dealing with. After the first foot, red numbers at the top tell how many inches are in the current foot. For example at the 17 inch mark is also a red 5 so you can either read it as 1 foot 5 inches or 17 inches. (Yards are not indicated.)

At the end of my other tapes, there's a little hook that I put at the end of a board I'm measuring to cut. It always jumps off the end about a nano-second before I mark a measurement. On this one there's a great big hook that reminds me of a saw horse. It hugs the end of the board. When I'm finished with my measurement, I can lift it ( the metal tape is U-shaped and won't go all floppy if you try to lift off the hook) and the return reel rolls it back into the holder. They ought to put a warning label on that thing because the coil spring could run Big Ben--the all-metal tape comes back in pretty quick. (Warning! You could have a 25-foot paper cut!)

To keep the tape in place once you've pulled it out is a top locking lever that you can thumb into place, and the other is what they call a "drag strip." This allows you to stop the tape with your finger without locking it so you can adjust it before locking it. Finally, it has a belt hook so that you can slip it on your belt and carry it around while working with it, and it has a D-ring that you can use to hook it on the wall with your other tools. This sucker is heavy, well made, and very well thought-out for lots of different projects where you need an accurate measure.
on April 26, 2015
Blade seems too thin, bends easily despite their claim to stand out for a great distance and the first 12 inches have such small lines that it becomes tedious to just. Liked the finger hold underneath for when you just don't want to use the lock position
on November 25, 2014
Good build quality, function. I wish it had "auto-lock". I'm glad I didn't go with a Milwaukee 16', which I saw later in a store - too big in all dimensions, twice as wide. This one fits in my small tool bag I use everywhere. I might put a strap through the hole to avoid drops (one 8' drop killed my previous tape).

Strange, this product had quite a few 5 star reviews when I ordered - they're all gone now.
Style Name: CS8525|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Every woman wants her own measuring tape. I don't mean one of those vinyl roll up tapes used for measuring fabric--though those are nice, too--but the kind of tape used by carpenters and construction workers. Ladies, you know you are always measuring something--sofas, bookcases, tables, beds, floors, walls, doorways, windows. Your kids! Because it's up to you to know whether or not something is going to fit in the space you've bought it for, and, believe me, none of you want to end up sitting on the floor in tears because the gorgeous armoire you found at that little out of the way antique store is too wide after all and blocks the door to the bathroom!

This Lufkin Control Series 25 foot measuring tape is perfect to prevent those kinds of disasters. And it can be your very own! No more rummaging around in someone else's greasy tool box looking for a tape that is probably not there anyway. Just go to your special hiding place and retrieve this professional little jewel and you're in business. Strong, wide, 25-foot heavy duty tape that is clearly marked in inches and glides out, smooth and quiet, and can be held at the desired length by pressing your forefinger against something they call a Drag Strip. There's also a lock down for when you want to keep the tape at a specific measurement without having to hold it. And this baby zips the tape back in like a speed demon! Then there is the clip on the back for hanging on a belt and a integrated D-ring for attaching the tape to a strap. And finally it comes in black and orange designer colors! You'll feel like such a professional using this tape that pretty soon you'll be eyeing table saws!

But fair warning! Hide this Lufkin tape well. Because others will also love it, and may not be above "borrowing" it. And then you'll be back to hunting through someone else's tool box. Of course, you could always buy two--one to give, one to keep. They are that great. Highly recommended, ladies, for you and for those you love!
on June 18, 2014
I have bought four of these in the last year. They are THE BEST measuring tape --great for when you are on your own and need a quick measure. No need to have another guy hold the end and easy to read and use too! Plus the belt clip is awesome. I bought this for my dad, nephew and brother-in-law. Cannot say enough good things about it!
on May 12, 2014
Overall, I have enjoyed using the tape measure. It is thick enough to go more than 10 feet without support, which is what I needed. The extra thick grabber at the end is also nice, as it flares out slightly from the tape to grab onto awkwardly-shaped items. I have used it quite a bit since I bought it, and I have been very pleased. We are about to move, and I need one for work, so I may be purchasing 2 more in the near future.
on March 17, 2014
If you need a 25' tape, look no further, this is the model you should choose. I love this tape measure; it's easy to see if you set it down, the tape easily stands out 10+ feet, the finger control to keep the tape from slamming back into the case works as designed. I would definitely get another if I ever lost this one. Highly recommended. The Family Handyman was right, this is the perfect tape measure.
on January 21, 2016
This does have a really good standout reach, but that's about it. To me, the claw is so big it gets in the way, and the tape is made of very thin metal that is curved quite a bit (more so than other tapes, which I believe allows the flimsy metal to reach out so far on its own). Also, I have found that I personal;ly do not like the 1/32" markings on the first foot, I find that it makes it harder for me to count. I never measure closer than 1/16" so it's not necessary for me.
on December 20, 2013
I bought this for measuring siding and it doesn't work as good as I'd hoped. It is great for measuring vertical and has fine increments and is good on table work and suitable for cabinet type work. I had a couple of small bends in the edge of the tape at the end of the first day trying to measure along side of a wall by myself.