Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

on May 28, 2012
This is a very cleverly designed little scooter and it really does all it says it will do. I love mine. However, maybe I got a lemon, but I've had several things go wrong with it.

First, the seat lifting/lowering mechanism jammed between positions while I was vacationing. Luckily, they referred me to a local authorized service dealer who came to the hotel and fixed it (for a fee).

Then a stabilizing latch broke off while in air transit back home. I had to pay for a replacement part, wait for delivery, and pay a tech to come to my house and install it when it arrived. I don't have a hard case, which would have prevented that problem, but their video does show it as being able to be checked at the airline without the case. I had absolutely no problem getting it checked, and was charged nothing for the service; I had worried about that but it couldn't have been easier.

Now it's in the shop because of three things happening simultaneously. It started making a whining noise while running, like motor pieces were rubbing together that shouldn't be. The service tech said that may be normal with wear; he hasn't confirmed yet. The second thing is that the switch that unlocks/locks the wheels for pulling it or driving it has stopped working - the wheels move freely in both positions, and they shouldn't. Finally, the scooter drives (aims) towards 12:00 but the handlebar faces 1:00. Not a function problem, but distracting.

The great thing (though I wish I hadn't needed to learn it!) is that the customer service staff are fantastic, just as nice and helpful as you could wish. I would definitely recommend getting a Luggie, but keep the receipt just in case and use it enough to find all its problems, if it has any, while your warranty is still in effect. ;)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 18, 2010
I have a disability that makes it impossible to walk without assistance. Therefore, for a recent holiday in SE Asia I purchased a Luggie scooter. It was a lifesaver and I wouldn't travel again without it. It's lightweight and folds to a size that fits in the trunk of a taxi or backseat of a car. It made it possible for me to go places and do things, not possible otherwise. People who saw me on the Luggie during my holiday were very impressed by it. If you buy one, I recommend also purchasing the hardshell carrying-case to protect it from airline baggage handlers. In addition, the user manual needs improvement as it contains several inaccuracies. However, videos on the Luggie website illustrate how to set it up & use it: [...]. Overall, I recommend the Luggie for travel.
review image review image
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 19, 2011
I ordered my Luggie from this vendor using Amazon about 4 months ago. The box arrived fairly quickly and in good condition and I was able to set up the scooter and test it out within a half hour.
Here's a quick run-down of pro's and cons:

Pros
1) Ease of Use: Fairly easy to open and the controls are very simplistic - you can't go too wrong.
2) Size: Still too heavy for me to be able to lift and get in and out of my trunk easily (I'm on crutches) but it has a very small footprint once it's setup
3) Maneuverability: Great turning radius and I can get in and out of small aisles and maneuver around racks while shopping
4) Speed: Wow, it ramps up pretty quickly and you can move at a quite a fast clip.
5) Battery Life: Really good! I fully charged it the other day, took it around the mall for about 2hrs of christmas shopping and barely used up any of the battery life.

Cons
1) Stability: This is a good scooter for quick trips to the mall, zipping around the grocery store and areas where there are flat surfaces. It doesn't feel sturdy enough for street or rough/uneven pavement use.
2) Storage: It's a pretty small scooter without any sort of basket or area to store shopping bags.
3) Weight: As small as this scooter is, it's still a bit too heavy for me to open/close on my own while on crutches. I'm 5'0 and on crutches so obviously most any scooter will be challenging for me to lift and setup on my own. Probably not an issue for most people.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the purchase, it's a great little scooter, a bit pricey but seems well worth the price to be able to pull this out and know I can zip around if I need to.
on July 31, 2013
I bought mine about a year ago. I have dermatomyositis and my ability to walk is transient. I got to use it exactly three times, then it would no longer charge. I tried calling the support line listed in the documentation but it just rings. So essentially its a $2600 door stop until I can come up with roughly one third the original cost to try another battery / charger assuming that's the problem. Seems like there are plenty of people that can sell you one but nobody to help you if anything goes wrong.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 25, 2014
On the surface, this a great little lightweight scooter that is very compact. Fits in the back of my CRV nicely and is not too heavy to load. The problem is the battery and service. After only one year, the battery died completely and I could not find anyone to service the unit nor could I get a response from Luggie. I finally replaced the battery and all is well again ($700 later). I will give this another try (what else can I do, I'm already out $2000 for initial purchase).

The next time I buy a scooter, I will do it at a sticks and bricks location that has service. This one is very hard to find any service for or get any from Luggie on.
on August 5, 2014
My mother is 82 with two replacement hips and recovering from a fractured pelvis. Following my father recently passing away, we decided to book a holiday of a lifetime European Cruise as recompense for a tough few years and purchased a Luggie to ensure that mum had her independence and was fully mobile and could fully enjoy her holiday.

By day 3 after only approximately 6 short uses of the Luggie, the tiller trigger completely sheared and we suspect that the tiller teeth are jammed. We immediately contacted Luggies UK, Luggies USA and Luggies Germany for assistance with finding a repairer or the spare parts. None of them could help us/ knew of any repairers/how to get spare parts. We were told they were not in stock in yje uk and would have to be ordered from Taiwan. So much for their promises of assistance.

I am now left dreading my return via Amsterdam Airport, with all our luggage, a broken luggie and a disabled mother.
While the Luggie was working it was excellent, just a bit slow. Once it had a problem, their was no support/help from Luggie if you were outside of the UK.
on September 12, 2013
We purchased our first Luggie Scooter in August 2011. By March of 2012 it stopped charging and we had to send it back to the manufacturer under warranty. January 2013 the second scooter failed the same way the first one did. Go Mobility said it was no longer under warranty and that a new battery would be $430.00 and told us to contact the manufacturer directly. We contacted them and they now tell us the warranty on the 2nd scooter was only for 30 days (which we were not told) and now the new battery price is now over $600 with them "discounting" it for us and we don't even know what else is wrong with this thing as there is potentially another issue besides the battery as was the case with the first one.

So beware, in our experience, the scooter has serious issues and the batteries we were told by the service tech only lasts one year. Plan on spending OVER $600 every year on a new battery as well as any charges for repairs which include a $75 service fee! Unfortunately for us, we are now stuck with a $2100.00 dead scooter and had told so many people that first year how much we loved this thing. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! The person we spoke with at Freerider Healthcare is Stella and the people we spoke to at Go Mobility was Jeff and Michelle. And yes, I told them I was going to go online and tell everyone I can find about this product. In our opinion, no one should waste their money on this product, especially disabled people. Don't fall for this one.

****UPDATE LISTED IN COMMENTS BELOW******** 3/10/14
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 22, 2013
Luggie Compact Electric Folding Mobility Scooter - FR168-4(IT):by Luggie, has returned my mobility, returning my independace lost, increasingly, over the past decade. I now depend on Luggie to get me where I need and desire to be. Thank you Luggie.
The Lord gave me the training and intellect to be wise with spending my money. Some may feel this was not wise. I did not allow this decision to go through channels, I paid for Luggie from my own savings.
I have an advanced stage of Secondary Progressive M.S. Repetative physical acts fitigue my motor function, I can no longer depend on my body's completing the simplest of tasks. Luggie, with energy to spare, gives me the vigor I need to complete the task. Because this unit is small and light compaired with my prior power chair, I am again able to complete simple shopping tasks while my husband does the major hauling of groceries. I feel self reliant again! When I request of others, it displays a lack of appreciation when someone doesn't do it quite right and I say anything less than thank you for being there for me. Now, with Luggie, I can get it for myself.
With the smooth, narrow lines of Luggie, the bumpers when my co-ordination is out of killter, the excellent turning radias; I am no longer seeing the wall gouges I received with my large, bulky power chair. With the Luggie I may be able to risk the reinvestment of repairing and painting the interior walls of the home. Thank you Luggie
Sincerely, ClhCosta
on July 13, 2013
This scooter is really amazing. I have limited mobility due to a severe clubfoot, and I have been using walkers and manual wheelchairs for a couple of years now as well as the clunky store scooters which I absolutely HATE! This has been by far the best way for me to get around and has really improved my life. I didn't mind using a manual wheelchair but I hated how wide it made me. It was hard to get through stores and shops. And don't even get me started on those monster store scooters. The luggie is so slim-lined that I can get through almost anywhere that you could walk. I just took it to the Mall of America, and I was able to hang bags off the back, there is a small rack on the back that holds more than you might think. Also I am able to fit a shopping basket under the seat which was a huge help. The luggie folds up easily to go in and out of the backseat of my car, and you can partially fold it up in restaurants to be less in the way. Best purchase I have ever made. Only one downside, the seat could use more padding but I solved that easily with an added seat pad.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 10, 2012
The Luggie was a new sort of mobility scooter which I first saw whilst I was on holiday in New Zealand. An English lady was riding the Luggie in Napier and she gave me all the details about this amazing scooter. On return home I scanned the internet and after many days spotted the Luggie at the best price on the Amazon website. Delivery was swift and since then I have been getting used to the system of opening and closing the scooter. To be honest, even though it is half the weight of my other scooter, when lifted in and out of the boot of my car, it does need 2 people (we are pensioners) to lift it. By the way my other scooter breaks up into 4 pieces, to make lifting easier, whereas the Luggie is all in one piece. The ride is good, very quiet and smooth. The seat is a touch hard, but a small cushion alleviates any problems in that area. Overall it is a boon for me and my carer, and I am so pleased I bought it.