on November 20, 2012
Verified Purchase
This is an excellent size so you can refill your little bottles. This is the kind of iodine you can take internally. I mix mine with orange juice so I don't taste it. I used to have more health problems before I started taking this. There is a book for sale here on iodine written by Dr. Brownstein, link provided below. You can also look at his video series on youtube © 2013 YouTube, LLC. youtube.com/user/drdavidbrownstein

Book:
TOP 100 REVIEWERon June 14, 2014
It's only 2% strength but every cell in your body needs iodine, this kind of iodine. Always makes sure it's made with potassium iodide, which is good, whereas some are now made with sodium iodide and do not go into the cells.

Here in the US regular Lugol's solution with 10% total iodine (from 10% potassium iodide and 5% iodine in water) is now outlawed. The highest total amount of iodine allowed is 2.2%. In the US you are still able to buy Iodoral tablets with have the same iodine content as 2 drops of Lugol's solution, or 13 mg per standard tablet, but even 50 mg tablets are available.

Using the industry standard for a METRIC drop (= 1/20 of 1ml), Lugol's content per drop should be:

2% - 1.0mg iodine & 1.5mg iodide, total 2.5mg
3% - 1.5mg iodine & 2.25mg iodide, total 3.75mg
5% - 2.5mg iodine & 3.75mg iodide, total 6.25mg
7% - 3.5mg iodine & 5.25mg iodine, total 8.75mg
10% - 5mg iodine & 7.5mg iodide, total 12.5mg (10% was the original Lugol's solution)
15% - 7.5mg iodine & 11.25mg iodine, total 18.75mg

It's recommended to work up slowly (from 12.5mg - the daily physiologic dose of iodine for the body - to 50mg daily)
example: 7% lugol's - to get to about 50mg, work up slowly to 6 drops daily (1/3 are able to reduce thyroid supplements). Maintenance dose, after about 3 months, is about 2 drops daily. If lugol's gives you stomach problems, switch to iodoral, the tablet form of lugol's (more expensive, though).

It's also good for warts and skin tags, applied externally on a cotton swab, taped on and left there overnight and repeated for several days (if large or cancerous, then longer). (Painting it on the skin - apparently most of it evaporates so don't count it as part of your daily total.)

If you are nebulizing with iodine, do NOT use lugol's because of the potassium - use only nascent iodine.

Dealing with side effects of lugol's supplementation (it's a great detox as, for example, iodine pushes out the poison bromide, which is added to bread) - ½ tsp salt (unprocessed, unrefined) dissolved in ½ cup warm water, then followed immediately with 12-16 oz pure water. Repeat in 30-45 minutes if needed, until copious urination begins. Observe subjective response (usually within several hours).

Sircus and Brownstein each have ebooks on iodine. According to Dr Mark Sircus, "At 6 grams daily (which is 6 million micrograms/day or 6,000 milligrams/day!), a much higher dose, iodine has been used to cure syphilis, skin lesions, and chronic lung disease." Dr Brownstein warns you should get a lab test before starting to supplement with Lugol's and also afterwards.

Dr Sircus writes on his website: The sicker the patient the more iodine they need, with most average patients needing 25 to 50 mgs and 12 mg being a good maintenance dose, though of course this varies with the quality of one's diet and with one's location. Dr. David Brownstein has said he uses 200 to 300 mg with his prostate and breast cancer patients with those who have metastases needing the highest dosages. He also uses both Lugol's and Nascent, reserving the Nascent for his more sensitive patients.

Brownstein also writes: If you have side effects with iodine therapy, I suggest looking at selenium deficiency as a possible cause. If your selenium levels are low, supplementing with selenium may correct the problem. Supplementing with selenium in doses of 100-200μg/day has proven safe and effective at correcting selenium deficiencies. (some say you should start selenium before iodine, others reverse this advice). Sircus recommends Megafood selenium and I like the Megafood "E and Selenium" product as it seems to be both higher dose and less expensive (per mcg) than the selenium-only version.

The book "The Calcium Lie II" on many nutritional lies, advises: Dr. Brownstein takes 75 mg per day. The only reason not to take iodine is undiagnosed hyperthyroidism or Graves Disease (autoimmune disease), untreated, or from toxic nodules. These are rare and not easily mistaken. There is no known toxicity and if you take too much, it will simply be excreted in your urine.
on February 27, 2013
I've bought from this seller for more than 2 years now.
From MT to VT is a huge distance for shipping, and it has been a great experience all the same.
I highly recommend this exact product.
I credit this Lugol's with the biggest gains in wellness in my own history.
The people at Risingsun are very helpful and obviously committed in helping folks gain greater health which makes them very worthy of my trust as well as my appreciation for the goodness of their product.
Verified Purchase
I was excited to find the 1 liter version. Each 1oz lugals solution is between $10 and $20. Well, this 1 Liter holds 33 US Fluid ounces!!!! Sooo,, even at only $10 an ounce that is $333 of iodine for only $89. This is going into my emergency kit. It never goes bad. Can't wait to get this large one. We try to take our iodine daily. What an improvement in health this last few months. By the way, you can find little glass dropper bottles on Amazon very cheap. I will just use my old Lugals solution bottles when they are empty.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 20, 2014
Verified Purchase
Bought this after buying several small bottles of Lugols 2% solution as I take about 25 drops a day of each and make sure to do my supplimental vitamins also with it as you will feel horrible from detoxing if you dont give your body the tools it needs to get rid of the toxins the iodine releases.

I take these vitamins daily, 200 mcg selenium from now foods, Garden of life brands raw B-complex, Garden of life brand raw vitamin C, Foods Alive brand pink himalayan sea salt (order theres and see the difference way more mineral and a great tasting salt I just take 1/2 tsp right off my hand and swallow down with some water.) Those are the basics you should be taking if you are thinking about trying Iodine. (oh, and by the way if you find it gross to drink salty water or eat it off your hand I put it into empty gel capsules for my husband.)

It has been a blessing to me. My arm healed 3 days after starting high doseage iodine (it felt like something was torn and I had numbness for about 6 month) I aslo had my brain fog leave and my heart stop hurting that put me in the hospital thinking I may of been having a heart attack. I also had tender breast which I now rub the liquid loguls solution with a few drops of olive oil directly onto my breast till they are nice and orange and let it absorb, totally took away the spots that were starting to get firm and my pain. I also rub it topically on to my arm that was injuried feeling. I notice if forget to use my iodine within a few days. I'm not old either I'm just 31. I have now been on it daily for 3 months and the results are just the same more energy, feeling great and I even was able to get pregnant after trying for 2 yrs. I highly recommend you read the book "the iodine crisis" before you start taking lugols. I image this bottle should last me and my husband about a year I'm guessing.
on October 8, 2014
Verified Purchase
For general topical antiseptic use, this is straight forward. It does sting. For other uses, you have to do your homework, so you know why and how to use this product -- seriously. It was recommended to my by two friends who are retired MDs, and they had plenty of info to go with it.

I take it orally (mixed with water) to clear fluorine, bromine, and chlorine from the body.

I also use it topically to clear minor skin conditions. My research indicated it promotes stem cell activity and helps regenerate skin tissues. I find it does, but it is very slow (months and months, for some things) and you have brown spots (from the iodine) in the meanwhile. It works best when there are breaks in the regiment -- for example, use 5 days, and then skip 2, for a month, and then skip a week or two. I have cleared flat warts, some other warts, what my Gramma called "liver spots", and a few unidentified minor issues.

I also add a dropper full to my WaterPic, sometimes. It seems to help with general gum health, and to clear-up sore spots.

As always, if one is going to self-medicate, you need to assume all the responsibility.
Verified Purchase
It's hard to get Lugol's iodine in large quantities. I take about 50 mg per day so I like to have a big bottle of it. This is perfect.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 26, 2014
Verified Purchase
.....but only if your tap water does *not* contain ammonia, nor chloramine, affecting most of southern California. If your water is free of chloramine, then you can pour four or more ounces of Lugol's Iodine 2% into the bath, soak your sunburn, and watch it melt away by the following day, and get a tan a lot quicker then if you had waited around "suffering" with the burn by not doing anything about it.

Iodine accelerates metabolism. You're going to get a tan, anyway; why prolong the agony of a sunburn?

According to Tullio Simoncini, an oncologist of Rome, Italy, painting skin cancers with a tincture of iodine is an efficient method for their removal. So, if it's good for skin cancers, then why not use diatomic/nascent/elemental/non-ionic iodine to prevent them?

I had a virulent growth appear on my chest from foolishly over-exposing my bare chest to the midday's sun during the summer a few years ago. I remembered Tullio's advice, and proceeded to paint my growth with a 7% tincture of iodine, making it very brown for a week. Each time I managed to form a scab from this procedure, the scab would fall off exhibiting a shrinkage of the growth. Eventually, a scab fell off exposing pink, healthy skin without any scarring and devoid of any cancerous growth.

Voila! Thank God for Tullio spreading the truth! It works....

Update...
If you fill a bathtub with water and add a little Lugol's, try leaving the water in the tub if you're not concerned about the possible yellowing which may occur on your bathroom walls.

The benefit is that the iodine vapors will come out of the tub of water and fill the air space within your home killing: mold, etc, and supplying iodine to your body through inhalation for as long as the tub water is brownish.

I find that this procedure stimulates the Vishuddha, or throat, chakra probably because the thyroid is the endocrine gland associated with this chakra. Truth may be revealed to you; nothing you don't already know, but may have been fastidiously ignoring! Brace yourself if you've avoided certain realities for too long!
on March 21, 2013
Verified Purchase
As you know we westerners are chronically low in Iodine and Lugol's is a super buy and an excellent product
on September 18, 2013
Verified Purchase
I use iodine in the morning. My daughter and hubby uses it, too. It was a great price and will last for quite a while. With the 3 of us taking iodine, I wanted something that wouldn't run out every 3 months. Good quality.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations