5.0 out of 5 stars Great little decanter
Here's what I love about this decanter:

- it's beautiful
- it looks different than my other decanters
- it fits in my wine tote so I can easily carry it, a couple of stems, and a few bottles in a single bag
- it's inexpensive

Here's what I don't love:

- in order to keep the costs down, the manufacturing process may be...
Published on October 13, 2010 by Craig

1.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw- dangerous to handle
Published on January 20, 2011 by DLocs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw- dangerous to handle, January 20, 2011
This review is from: Luigi Bormioli Magnifico 35-ounce Decanter with Punt (Kitchen)
Price is right and it looks great from the outside- but there's a serious design and/or manufacturing flaw with this product. The pouring edge of the decanter is beveled to an ultra-thin and razor sharp edge, making it extremely brittle - not to mention dangerous to handle. The edge literally broke in my hand the first time I washed the decanter. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars nice punt but chips too easily, July 21, 2011
I have a small winery and I have purchased 6 of these decanters. I love the punt, and the design in lovely! However, the lip on the spout is extremely delicate and chips far too easily. We use four decanters in the winery for our reds, and even a slight touch on Reidels will chip the decanters. Too bad as they are lovely...will have to try a new brand now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Decanter lip is *very* fragile, April 29, 2012
When I first opened the box of the decanter, I though "uh-oh, the top-most portion of the decanter's lip is going to chip/break... it's just a matter of time." Well after two uses, washing by hand between times, the lip of the decanter got chipped in the dish drying rack. While I did allow space around the decanter to dry safely, movement of the dishes when other family members got cups/dishes must have caused the decanter to hit something (or be hit).

Lesson learned: If you buy this item, buy decanter drying rack OR towel-dry the decanter and put it away right after use to avoid damage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little decanter, October 13, 2010
Craig (California) - See all my reviews
Here's what I love about this decanter:

- it's beautiful
- it looks different than my other decanters
- it's inexpensive

Here's what I don't love:

- in order to keep the costs down, the manufacturing process may be cutting a few corners, so the glass is slightly imperfect (pure conjecture, really, but this is my review!)

I'd give it 4.5 stars, but I'm rounding up because I use it all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and well priced, January 13, 2009
I bought this as a Christmas gift. I was worried that it would arrive broken after all the reviews but it arrived in good health. I also wasn't sure about the size but it holds a full bottle of wine and then some and looks lovely as the wine pours into it and out of it. I had a decanter already but wish I had bought this for myself (I was tempted to give them mine - it was hardly used!). Great gift and great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 11, 2009
This decanter looks better in person. The glass has a great curve and wide base for lots of surface area for the wine. It feels a bit fragile when pouring, but it is stronger than you think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, May 24, 2014
PNW Raven (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I saw this in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and just had to have it, and found it on Amazon.com. Mine arrived yesterday, and it is beautiful. I can't wait to use it. I read the other reviews, and I'll be careful about the rim, as it sounds like it can chip very easily. I am always so grateful to Amazon customers' reviews. They never steer me wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Red(dy) and (s)willing, November 24, 2013
If you're looking for an elegant, yet inexpensive wine carafe, then check this item out. It allows red wine to breath before being served, it pours so well and it's dishwasher safe!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best decanter I've found, November 16, 2013
Works fine, just be sure to purchase a drying rack. Otherwise you're going to have water in the bottom for days.

4.0 out of 5 stars quality item, January 15, 2013
The decanter was exactly what I expected, except it was slightly smaller than I thought it would be. Holds a bottle of wine just fine.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›