5.0 out of 5 stars A bedtime favorite in our house.
My eldest daughter received this as a gift when she was a month old. After four years of love, use and abuse, it finally wore out. Let me tell you, the three bedtimes it took to get a new one delivered were very rough.

Published on January 29, 2007 by W. Davis-Thrash

3.0 out of 5 stars Lullaby light show
Published on November 10, 2006 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Lullaby light show, November 10, 2006
This review is from: Baby Lullaby Light Show by Tomy with Classical Music by Brahms (Toy)
My husband and I searched everywhere for something that would project images on the ceiling/walls, moved, and played music. We found that in the lullaby light show. It works adequately, however it could be much better if it worked using an on/off switch. It lasts about 4 minutes, which sometimes doesn't seem long enough. You can see the images, however they aren't very bright or distinct. So, it works adequately for what we wanted, however there are many improvements that can be made.

1.0 out of 5 stars highly disappointed., January 31, 2007
Again, I'm a forgiving guy, but this thing is overpriced by about $20.00 for the quality you get. C'mon. It's a wind up unit which lasts barely a few minutes, no where near enough time to be enjoyable, and the brightness level is deplorable. You need to place it as high to the ceiling as you can get it reasonably for it to project a decent 'light show', and my boys room gets pretty darn dark. This is product number 2 from Discovery that is just some overpriced chinese junk. I'm OUT! Save your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inconvenient light show, February 26, 2007
I wasn't pleased, I actually returned it to the store. Its bulky, you have to wind it for it to work, and it only plays for about five minutes. If you don't mind those factors then this is the light show for you. Other light shows you just push a button and it plays for 15 minutes!

5.0 out of 5 stars A bedtime favorite in our house., January 29, 2007

If it's not really dark in her room (like at naptime, when the sun peeks around her blinds and lets in a little light), the projected images are harder to see. When the battery starts to die, we see the same thing - the light isn't as bright, and the images are hard to see. We also set it on a bookshelf (about 4 feet tall) to get brighter images. They aren't as bright when on a low surface, like a nightstand.

What I think finally killed our first one, is that we would often overwind the music box - to the point where the inner mechanism would make that awful clacking noise because it refused to wind any more. Although 4 years of twice daily use is a pretty good run, we obviously are trying to be a bit more gentle with this one, so we don't have to make another emergency order when she turns eight.

3.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, but..., January 6, 2007
My 2 year old son loves the projections and music but it just doesn't last long enough. I keep having to go back in and wind it up again every few minutes. If it did have an on/off switch as the other review suggested (and maybe plugged in) this would be the perfect soother.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, but needs improvement., January 14, 2007
I totally agree with the other reviewers. My five month old loves the product, but the "show" often ends before he is fully asleep. Not only would an on/off switch be great, but a remote control would be ideal! This would allow parents to turn off the product without disrupting the early sleep stage by entering the room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bedtime ritual - birth to age 6!, July 15, 2008
J. Maurer "lukesmom02" (Coral Springs, FL United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
We received this as a gift for my son (now almost 6 years old) when he was a baby. It was from a physician friend of ours with three grown children who swore by it. At the time, we thought it seemed a little antiquated. However, we used it nearly every night when we would put our son down to sleep in the hopes that the ritual would help him to fall asleep. We think it worked pretty well at that time.

We stopped using it for a year or two for some reason, I think because the bulb burned out and we didn't get around to replacing it. Well, we started using it again about a year ago when we were having some sleep difficulting with him. He was having nightmares and was afraid to go to sleep by himself in his room. This was the perfect answer. I don't know if he remembered the lullaby and that soothed him or if having the nightlight and music helped or what? But, it's been a lifesaver, even at this age. Now, he won't go to sleep without it. Also, if he wakes in the night and is afraid, this will help sooth him back to sleep. It sure beats us staying with him or having him cry it out.

It's true that it only lasts about 5 minutes and the images are not particularly clear on the ceiling. But, he doesn't care about that too much. He sleeps on the bottom bunk and when it's on the floor it shines on the underside of the top bunk just fine. He's also usually sound asleep by the time the thing shuts off. Miracle! This from a kid who used to get up out of bed 5 or 6 times before finally settling down.

We love this product and are thinking we might need another one as we are now expecting a baby girl and I don't think my son is ready to give his up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, December 14, 2007
My 9yr old niece & I love this more than my 3yr old son, it's beautiful to watch. The first night I got this, my son fell right ontop of it, denting the plastic cover on one side but this nightlight is very durable. I took the it apart, pushed the dent out and put it back together with a little help from my husband. I absolutely love this thing and showed it to my nieces and nephews. My son really likes chasing the animals as they move around the room but my niece loved it so much, I gave it to her when she went home. She now uses it to put herself to sleep. Yes, it doesn't last very long and is loud to restart but is completely worth it. My niece tells me she restarts it at least three times befor she falls asleep watching the images. I'm so glad I got this item and will be getting another one for my son very soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than others but not exactly perfect, June 23, 2008
L.IN (CA United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
Okay, I was hoping to find a "nightlight" like thing that would project rotating soothing images onto the walls and or celing for my daughter, to help her not only drift off to sleep but then also when she wakes up in the middle of the night for her to drift BACK off to sleep.
So far I can't find anything that goes all night (bummer)...
So, about this one. It DOES project nicely onto the walls and celing. The images are colorful and not scary. It plays music as it turns. It's wind up which is nice for not having batteries, but I'd prefer a plug in so that it wouldn't wind down and be done in minutes.
All in all I have no regrets about this purchase. My daughter likes it, and it's durable and works how it said it would... it's great until I find that perfect one that is like this but goes all night long.

5.0 out of 5 stars So nice, January 29, 2014
I loved it. My baby loved it. When she got older I gave it to my niece and I regret it. I should had kept it